Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toughest frames to farm?

Jaydan

Question

17 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Jaydan said:

Which warframes are the toughest to farm?  I figure if I buy ONE frame...

Equinox takes the most effort (check the drop tables in the wiki).

Harrow is hard, needs Kuva Fortress unlocked and multiple runs of Tier II/Tier III defections (where it drops with 11% chance every 8th rotation, do the math 🙂). You can also do Tier I defections, but the drop chance goes down to 7% (+/- doubling the number of runs needed).

Mesa needs Mutalist Alad V assassinations (which needs keys, which needs farming), but drop chances are good once you get everything in order.

Titania needs a lot of flowers from all over 🙂.

In short, there is no clear answer. A lot depends on what you like, what you already have and how far you have come 🙂. Some frames are a bit complex to use, and some frames requires harder to get mods to be really effective, so getting them early might not be that good an idea.

My suggestion: figure out what you would like to play, check those frames out in the wiki. Some drop parts from quests, and the quests are not that bad (especially when still unlocking the star map).

It all depends primarily on luck. If you're lucky then it will be easy, if you're unlucky then it will be hard. That aside, IMO the warframe parts that requires most luck to obtain are Nidus, Harrow, Ivara, Equinox, Vauban, and Khora.

Hi,

I think there are quite a few frames that are hard to farm. Especially warframes that are optained through quests. While the game  throws them after you in some quests (aka Limbo-Theorem, Silver Grove) most quests drop only the blueprint of the frame and the other parts have to be optained through some drops with low chance. For example Octavia. While not particularly hard to get, you still have to complete 15 waves of defense (22.56% drop chance), do a puzzle that many people still don't know of (although it has a 100% drop chance for the chassis) and do 20min of Orokin Derelict survival (where the drop chance is as well 22.56%).

Special case of this pattern is Chroma. He requires you to not only complete nearly the whole star chart to get all his blueprints and unlock Sedna for the Saryn part you need, but also requires the player to join a clan to get the Volt parts since Volt is obtained from clan research. He also needs a part from Frost but that is the least problematic.

However the most awful warframe to farm (at least for me) definitely was Equinox. He has not the regular 3 blueprints of other frames but 8 instead not including his main blueprint from the market. Those are two aspect blueprints (night/day) and their respecitve chassis, systems and neuroptics. The drop chances for each component is 12.91% and the drop chances for each Aspect blueprint is 11.28%, with an expected 22-23 runs to obtain each component at least once and 160±40 runs to be nearly guaranteed each component at least once.

I'm just looking forward to Equinox Prime...

3 hours ago, Iris.Zero said:

I'm just looking forward to Equinox Prime...

There will be 8 parts in different relics scattered through the era. Some will be vaulted, some will be Baro, and some will only be had through the Syndicates RNG relics...

I'm doing the (normal) Equinox parts farming atm, and it's a bore 😞

On 2018-05-18 at 4:17 PM, tprx said:

There will be 8 parts in different relics scattered through the era. Some will be vaulted, some will be Baro, and some will only be had through the Syndicates RNG relics...

I'm doing the (normal) Equinox parts farming atm, and it's a bore 😞

I helped my friends farming him, I have now done like 150 runs of Tyl Regor just to farm 2 Equinox'. After that when I had to get him for the mastery I just bought him with plat...

Khora can be a pain, but Sanctuary onslaught gives decent affinity so you can level up other stuff as you do. Equinox is also a hefty farm, and it doesn't really give you any rewards while doing it. Ivara can take a lot of time, but I found the spy missions enjoyable - more than the equinox or sanctuary farms, and you can get some good rewards from spy missions too (Lua spy, mainly). (And it's good to practice the spy missions for sorties).

Thus, out of those three, the only one I would buy would be equinox.

50 minutes ago, Iris.Zero said:

I helped my friends farming him, I have now done like 150 runs of Tyl Regor just to farm 2 Equinox'. After that when I had to get him for the mastery I just bought him with plat...

I'm thinking of doing that with Inara. Her parts won't drop for me 😞

16 hours ago, tprx said:

I'm thinking of doing that with Inara. Her parts won't drop for me 😞

Don't buy her. Just do Spy a bit more regularly and remember that the parts drop in different difficulties. Eventually you'll get her. By the way you have to complete all three data extractions since her parts always drop in Rotation C.

Good luck 😉