Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons for beginners

storm_clowd

Question

6 answers to this question

well after you level up your MK1 weapons, then I hear that the Karak is a pretty decent rifle. The Strun is a pretty fun shotgun, and if you want something more accurate and decently powerful early on then the Vectis can be handy.

Edited by goga_gola

If you have a Mk.1 that you liked, then you can simply replace it with the non-Mk.1 version which is just better.

Early on, you can easily build yourself a Latron, Burston, Karak, and Boar for primaries. While they're all standard weapons with not much special to them, they're all unique enough from each other for you to more easily determine what kinds of weapons you like to use.

For secondaries, the Kraken, Lato, Furis, Ballistica, and Kunai are also early gets that can help determine what you're looking to play with later down the line.

And for melee weapons, there are way too many to easily list. Melee has the most variety and unique weapons, at that point really what you think looks like the most fun to use, coupled with what you have stances for to be more effective.

Work your way through the first few planets, you'll get some useful mods, some weapon blueprints, unlock a couple quests that reward new similar goodies, and most importantly, you'll have opened up areas where you can get the materials you need to build your first few of everything and hopefully have improved your skills enough to try more challenging missions that provide even greater rewards in XP, credits, and loot.

50 minutes ago, storm_clowd said:

Hi guys, I'm new in this game and i wanted to ask. Which weapons is the best for beginners, is Ether a good sword or dual Sakana, things like that (sorry for bad english)

PS: really appreciate if you guys could help

Overall, the "good" weapons for a new player (or even experienced ones like myself,) come down to preferences. I've been taking my Braton Prime into sortie missions (unless the sortie is locked to a different weapon, of course,) since I finished getting it set up. Been using my Lex Prime (and AkLex Prime) for awhile, too.

I tend to pick weapons that both look good, and can perform nicely when fielded for just about anything.

Like others have said, work your way through the Mk1 weapons to find what you like, then get the standard versions (The ones without "Mk1" in the name) that you like.

Weapon choice is not nearly as important as proper modding, so work on expanding (and ranking up) your Mod collection.

That said, for a beginner (no-higher-than-MR2) loadout of weapons that don't have upgraded versions later down the line, how 'bout ...

Hind (accurate Burst Rifle with an ammo-efficient alt fire)
Sonicor (AoE damage that doesn't kill you, yay ragdolling enemies) / Furis with the Winds Of Purity Augment (healing and AoE blasts)
Amphis (dat slam attack) / Atterax (nice range, Crit Bleed procs wee) / Tekko (critical fistings ahoy)

Also, I think the FREESWORD promo code still works, giving you a Heat Sword (which is a ~decent enough weapon actually)
complete with a Blue Potato (Orokin Catalyst) already installed, plus a free weapon slot even if you decide to toss it.

I suggest that you focus more on mods than weapons in the early game try to look for mods like serration, hollow point, split chamber, pressure point, ect cause if you don't atleast have these mods you won't do well with most weapons you build.

Find mods first heck even ask in trade chat if you become mr2 someone would probably kit you out for free on those mods.

After you get the mods I highly suggest the boltor then farm some relics opens a few sell some parts and buy a lex prime and orthos prime that setup will take you all the way through the star chat no problem. On xb lex prime is like 20p and orthos is like 20p aswell.

Or better yet take on fishing in the plains of eidolon get towhere you can fish murkrays catch alot of them and sell to people 10p for 5 and after 10 fish you can buy lex prime or orthos prime.