Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Your access to in-game chat has been suspended.”

(PSN)Wolfskin0708

4 hours ago, (PS4)Wolfskin0708 said:

So saying “f you bot” gets me suspended? I just need to know when my suspension will be raised, because it is currently affecting my trading, and the wonderful Region Chat. 

You told a bot That is regularly monitored by DE #*!% you....

and you thought this was a good idea why?

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I think that's the key issue with half the chat bans.

Lack of thinking.

indeed i understand your angry and want some answers but insulting people is not a good way to get them 

On 2018-05-23 at 4:53 PM, (PS4)Wolfskin0708 said:

So saying “f you bot” gets me suspended? I just need to know when my suspension will be raised, because it is currently affecting my trading, and the wonderful Region Chat. 

So you did this on purpose is what your face is telling me. 

On 2018-05-23 at 9:20 PM, seprent said:

indeed i understand your angry and want some answers but insulting people is not a good way to get them 

No that's literally the problem. No one thinks about their actions. His ban should be 5 weeks. 

19 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

No that's literally the problem. No one thinks about their actions. His ban should be 5 weeks. 

well i can slightly understand the frustration i only got chat banned once but that was for using all caps during a big update once so i did one mission and it was over so a timer would be appreciated at-least for the sake of clarity so your not guessing at how long it takes 

Just now, seprent said:

well i can slightly understand the frustration i only got chat banned once but that was for using all caps during a big update once so i did one mission and it was over so a timer would be appreciated at-least for the sake of clarity so your not guessing at how long it takes 

No. The entire purpose of this is to punish you for using abrasive language in chat. And especially treating the bot like the queen's guard (They only take so much before they physically adjust your attitude). Use normal words. 

Just now, CupcakesMoo said:

No. The entire purpose of this is to punish you for using abrasive language in chat. And especially treating the bot like the queen's guard (They only take so much before they physically adjust your attitude). Use normal words. 

ok i understand the cause and effect of the punishment what i would like at-least is a time so your not guessing on other peoples experiences for how long your punishment lasts like a thing in the top right where your credit and resource boosters go and it has a timer indicating your ban duration or maybe a counter in in the chat tab like trade chat does 

example: person get chat banned for saying X and in the top right were a booster would show its duration is a idk a region chat icon with a X though it and a duration so you can see how long your being timed out for 

im not asking for less punishment or im asking for clarity of how long a punishment would last 

Off Topic: arnt the queens gaurd like the most stoic people on the planet and tourist make attempt to get them to react to anything were those big black fluffy hats red uniform never been to the UK so im trying to remember of the top of my head

2 minutes ago, seprent said:

ok i understand the cause and effect of the punishment what i would like at-least is a time so your not guessing on other peoples experiences for how long your punishment lasts like a thing in the top right where your credit and resource boosters go and it has a timer indicating your ban duration or maybe a counter in in the chat tab like trade chat does 

example: person get chat banned for saying X and in the top right were a booster would show its duration is a idk a region chat icon with a X though it and a duration so you can see how long your being timed out for 

im not asking for less punishment or im asking for clarity of how long a punishment would last 

Off Topic: arnt the queens gaurd like the most stoic people on the planet and tourist make attempt to get them to react to anything were those big black fluffy hats red uniform never been to the UK so im trying to remember of the top of my head

They are legitimate soldiers and being a nuisance will warrant a response. 

Also we are going to have to agree to disagree then because not knowing the exact ban time is part of the punishment. 

1 minute ago, CupcakesMoo said:

They are legitimate soldiers and being a nuisance will warrant a response. 

Also we are going to have to agree to disagree then because not knowing the exact ban time is part of the punishment. 

I understand they are soldiers i personally think they are kinda cool since it takes alot of discipline to do what they are on job to do even if they look alittle funny that hat if i am thinking of them right must be a killer in the summer 

and i can agree with you people will have to ride it out imo but im open to a timer i could personally care less if we had it or not since i think before i speak like 95% of the time

If we're gonna be banning stupid words in chat when there is a profanity filter, just change the rating to T. Or even add more to the filter to block out. Stop banning people for jokes, or If people can't handle jokes, then fine, ban me from chat, ban me from the forums, but don't rate the game in one way but follow another ratings guidelines. (I can;'t even name something "arsenal"  thats how strict the "profanity" filter is!) (Double also when was "fart" considered profanity??)

Edited by nickl3188

18 minutes ago, nickl3188 said:

If were gonna be banning stupid words in chat when there is a profanity filter, just change the rating to T

What do you mean "we're"? 

Do you ban the words? No. 

Do you set and decide the rating of the game? No.

So there is no we there. You have absolutely no say in either of those things.

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

What do you mean "we're"? 

Do you ban the words? No. 

Do you set and decide the rating of the game? No.

So there is no we there. You have absolutely no say in either of those things.

You are apart of Warframe's community yes? DE has said many times and shown many times that they listen and act upon a lot of what the community says. So our posts here do have an effect, and if theres a problem with a chat moderator pushing their own #*!%ing agenda, then I'll call them out on their bullS#&$ just as plenty of others in the community have.

Edited by nickl3188

Just now, nickl3188 said:

You are apart of Warframe's community yes? Have you ever bought anything? DE has said many times and shown many times that they listen and act upon a lot of what the community says. So our posts here do have an effect, and if theres a problem with a chat moderator pushing their own #*!%ing agenda, then I'll call them out on their bullS#&$ just as plenty of others in the community have.

DE's staff replied to those threads. Feel free to read them. They made it very very clear, that we as a community will have no say in what words are added or removed to the kickbot.

I believe their exact words were "It is our bot, so we decide how it works" (ours here clearly meant the developers, not the community)

They also made it very clear that moderators can not add words or phrases to the kickbot. Only DE staff can. So a moderator "Pushing" their own agenda can do nothing except talk to DE's staff. What actually goes into the bot, what words and phrases gets you banned, is therefor not some moderators agenda, it happens with DE's full consent and approval.

1 minute ago, nickl3188 said:

You are apart of Warframe's community yes? DE has said many times and shown many times that they listen and act upon a lot of what the community says. So our posts here do have an effect, and if theres a problem with a chat moderator pushing their own #*!%ing agenda, then I'll call them out on their bullS#&$ just as plenty of others in the community have.

You seem to think that this is some sort of "democracy". That the "community" has some sort of klout in all aspects of the game. It is not a democracy, it is an oligarchy (as well it should be). When it comes to gaming mechanics, sure, DE does sometimes listen. When it comes to policing their chats and forum, they are within their rights to hand out suspensions and bans as they see fit.

Their house. Their rules.

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

So is the M rating of the game, by the way.

if its there to stay then let me say fart in chat or name a load out "Arsenal". Why cant I talk about AGayGuyPlays in chat without being banned? why is there so much stupid S#&$ that a bannable offense thats nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff that should be banned? I can name something in another language ANYTHING i want, and the filter doesn't catch that. This is the internet. Theres going to offensive S#&$. And while yes, I do believe that theres some stuff that should be filtered, theres also a lot in the filters that are stupid and have no reason for existing.

1 minute ago, nickl3188 said:

if its there to stay then let me say fart in chat or name a load out "Arsenal". Why cant I talk about AGayGuyPlays in chat without being banned? why is there so much stupid S#&$ that a bannable offense thats nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff that should be banned? I can name something in another language ANYTHING i want, and the filter doesn't catch that. This is the internet. Theres going to offensive S#&$. And while yes, I do believe that theres some stuff that should be filtered, theres also a lot in the filters that are stupid and have no reason for existing.

Why are you asking me? Did you not catch the parts where I said "we" have absolutely no control over this, and that arguing about is is therefor completely pointless?

2 minutes ago, nickl3188 said:

if its there to stay then let me say fart in chat or name a load out "Arsenal"

Also, you can name your loadouts whatever you want. Hell you can even name your Nezha loadout whatever you want, if that makes you happy. It was a bug that applied the filter to the loadouts. It has long since been fixed, which you would of course have known if that had actually been important to you, and not just a piece of random information you could use to complain on the forums.

To maybe try and get this back on topic.

A chat suspension should never last longer than a week and are never permanent.  I have had this confirmed by a DE employee when I enquired as to how long an unintentional chat suspension I received was going to take.

For those curious, as there always are, I had used the British colloquial term for a cigarette instead of saying cigarette or using another term.  Simply didn't think about it when typing.