Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best / Most essential Sentinels?

Flutterella

Question

18 answers to this question

None are essential, all are decent. Craft them, get the MR and keep the ones you like (and/or invest in them or their variant at some point). 

No need to rush, the best Sentinel mods are moslty universal (ex: Vacuum, Sacrifice, Medi-ray, etc.). The Taxon is a good start, very cheap and has decent CC with it's Artax and the Shield regen is nice with a frame with a Damage Reduction ability, like Gara and Mesa. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

Carrier and Taxon are the most basic ones, you will also probably spend a big chunk of your missions with Helios unless you like to make codex scans yourself.

I wouldn't call any of them essential, i use pets whenever i know i will be playing for longer periods.

Wyrm/Carrier are most survivable. Wyrm = Shield Tank, Carrier = HP Tank. Add a Primed/Regen and a Sacrifice and you end up with an awesome combo for your own survivability. 

Plus Carrier = Never having ammo issues. Remove the sentinel weapon and it becomes less of a target to enemies, meaning it will stay up for longer as well. The damage they deal is minimal anyway.

Nice to haves are Helios and Djinn (Why Djinn? He looks good lol) 

1. You need to get the Carrier for the Sweeper, which does great damage when modded, the aforementioned ammo mod is nice too.
  2. You need Helios for scans
  3. The most important utility for sentinels is vacuum, which all can use.
  4. You need to have multiple builds for your sentinels, with the 2nd version having no firing capability - for melee runs or stealthing
  5. You need to have multiple builds for your Helios so it does not take pictures when you don't want it to - you'll spend $$ keeping up until you get the free-scans battery mod from Cephalopod Silmarillion - or it will use up the charges you need on random things before you scan your objective(s).
  6. You will want to craft them all for mastery points - they count as much as warframes, and also to experiment with them all and find the one(s) you like

I use the Carrier Prime with 2 builds and 9 polarities, and Sweeper Prime with 5 polarities. My Helios Prime is waiting for the battery widget before I let him out again...

Edited by Canach
  • Like 1

I know I might be in the minority, but after having tried all the sentinels I have gone back to  Taxon/Artrax combo

I love the freeze ray and the Shield boost isnt bad either.

No it isnt going to do much damage, but the slow and sometimes even knockdown of the freeze ray is very helpful.

I do agree that if you have an ammo hungry weapon the carrier is a good choice, but I really do not find any of the others all that useful.

WTF.   No love for Deth Cube??   His deth machine gun is awesome.

Wyrm has a really stupid precept that scatters nearby enemies so thats why nobody is suggesting him but common he is the coolest of sentinels especially the prime.  You can not use his precept and stick whatever weapon you want on him.  

Carrior for weapon/ammo

Shadow for stealth precept (not good for anything else)

Helios for scanning (great if your lazy and dont hunt cephalon simaris targets or just need scans of enemies to complete codex)

Djinn is like the opposite of wyrm I think?? It has a ground pound precept that is suppose to suck enemies towards you(instead of blasting them away)??  That sounds extremely bad ass but the actual pet is butt ugly.  I need to try it eventually.   Would go awesome with ember or valkyr(who can also pull enemies to her) maybe Mag?  

Vacuum is awesome and I wish everything had it but I have recently swung over to the other side and now favor animals.  Pets can have Hunters Recovery which heals you 30% of the damage they inflict.   Kavats can attack multiple things at once and Kubrows has alot of attack power.   Smeeta Kavats "can" double loot/affinity.   Adarza has crit buff.   I love the skinny version of Helminth kubrow too.   Havent seen very many good dog precepts (havent looked) but they are just raw combat machines.

14 minutes ago, hooperinius said:

You can put the freeze ray and shield charger mod on any sentinel. I have it on carrier prime.

but with Taxon you can have Shield Charger and Molecular Conversion, maybe not that big of a deal, but its what I use

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Wyrm has a really stupid precept that scatters nearby enemies so thats why nobody is suggesting him but common he is the coolest of sentinels especially the prime.  You can not use his precept and stick whatever weapon you want on him. 

That precept is good for sniping in case you get overrun by a horde of trash melee cannon fodder units.

On 2018-05-25 at 4:29 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Helios for scanning (great if your lazy and dont hunt cephalon simaris targets or just need scans of enemies to complete codex)

According to the wiki Helios doesn't give Simaris standing though even with a Synthesis scanner?

Helios has alot of conditions on what he can scan or not........

All I know is that when I would use him I would also have Cephalon Targets for synthesis and I would cap out my standing with simaris for the day and if I then captured a target I would get a big fat 0.  

I think he can only scan general enemies if you do not have all of their scans in your codex.   Like Eviscerator 1/5.   If its 5/5 he wont scan it.  If its 1/5 he will and you will get standing...

I havent used it in forever though.