Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random aggressive behavior

Zareek

Greetings!

Something funny just happened to me. It happens that ill look in trade chat, and contact people about their items. Sometimes to ask what its worth etc. And it happens people get annoyed or downright angry, if you contact them without the intend to buy.  It also happens that ill say something like "Hey sorry to bother you, I was wondering where you got that item from?" and they reply "OFFER????".

Now I don't blame anyone here. If they are busy, and trying to handle a bunch of deals, having to deal with a random idiot such as myself, asking a question, might be a bit irritating. But today something truely funny happened, and I wanted to share it.

Im basically trying to sell a Mag Prime set for cheap money. They go for about 179p and up. This guy was selling his for 300p, along with a long list of other sets. Since I havent been able to sell mine, I was thinking of a little plan here. If this guy are selling sets left and right, maybe he is actually getting good money for it. So if I sell him mine for cheap, he can resell and make a profit. So I contact him, asking if he had sold more than 1 mag prime set yet. He reply with "300".  I then ask if he had sold one that expensive yet, and that the lowest is 179, and he reply I SELL 300. This is what comes after

1234.jpg?width=923&height=519

I blurred his name out as appropriate. His responds to this whole thing was so aggressive that I found myself laughing afterwards. I have nothing against the guy either.

PS. I just realized I forgot to say "day" when I wished him a good day!

Edited by Zareek

Had a shabby experience earlier with some dude claiming to be 'leaving the game' and wanted to sell his rivens, which weren't linked at the time. Interested in what he had I decided to PM him, he linked it and I said I wasn't interested in it also as I was nearing my riven limit (i.e. need to be selective in what I really want). He proceeded to say why did I PM him if i wasn't interested, called me a 'nooooooooob' and ignored me before I could respond. Noticed his advertisement on the trading channel eventually changed to 'If u arent interested dont PM me!' so I don't think I was the only one.

Honestly, this community sometimes, they're so keen to use /ignore :facepalm:

Edited by Valiant

Why do people keep caring about what other people try to sell stuff for? if they are doing it, it is because somebody is buying. And newbies have tools such as the marketplace site or this forum to ask for a price check. If they choose not to use those tools, and they pay overprice, it is on them. Sellers are not breaking any rules if they are overcharging but actually deliver the promised goods.

And clearly if someone comes in and starts asking these irrelevant questions, it becomes obvious you are not buying, and thus are just wasting their time. What other response were you expecting, really?

When I started, I paid overprice for a few things and I took that as a learning experience, but that was on me.

2 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Why do people keep caring about what other people try to sell stuff for? if they are doing it, it is because somebody is buying. And newbies have tools such as the marketplace site or this forum to ask for a price check. If they choose not to use those tools, and they pay overprice, it is on them. Sellers are not breaking any rules if they are overcharging but actually deliver the promised goods.

And clearly if someone comes in and starts asking these irrelevant questions, it becomes obvious you are not buying, and thus are just wasting their time. What other response were you expecting, really?

When I started, I paid overprice for a few things and I took that as a learning experience, but that was on me.

I get what you're saying but then why suddenly become so passive-aggressive and immediately go /ignore? It's not as if he was being rude and I doubt the seller was oh-so busy with loads of PM's about wanting to buy his goods he didn't have time to have a civil conversation.

Personally I get annoyed at some of the prices players charge for items, and at those who advertise without pricing.

But would not hassle or harass another player, though I have had the run around myself.

Dont judge prices, as most ask for too much the same guy had inflated price items on all last night but did he sell or waste his evening watching a chat stream.

1 minute ago, VadiseReikaz said:

I get what you are saying. I personally dont mind if someone whispers me questions about the item in question. Its also very rare this happens, despite me being very active in the trade chat. Generally people are kind and answers questions with no problem. Some people just have different opinions on whats appropriate I guess.

And sure there are sites to gain information, but I personally prefer interacting with the community about my questions. The majority of the time I do use sites though.

1 minute ago, Valiant said:

I get what you're saying but then why suddenly become so passive-aggressive and immediately go /ignore? It's not as if he was being rude and I doubt the seller was oh-so busy with loads of PM's about wanting to buy his goods he didn't have time to have a civil conversation.

Yeah, there is a little bit of everything in trade chat when it comes to personalities. But this is something I do come across normally, even when selling.

People want the transaction done and over with as fast as possible and not talk. I guess they come from other games where auction houses are a thing and they dont need to talk to other living beings.

I guess I grew to accept that and not talk with anyone from trade any more than necessary. Mostly because trading is taking time away from playing.

5 minutes ago, SastusBulbas said:

Personally I get annoyed at some of the prices players charge for items, and at those who advertise without pricing.

The ones that dont include pricing are the worst. "Really are you going to make me waste even more time to figure out what you want?" is generally my thought.

Trading is inherently toxic. Everybody's forced to do it (or cough up their own money) in this game if they want to have a remotely enjoyable time (slots, visuals, wait times, anyone?), and everybody tries to highball/lowball/scam others to get it over with sooner or to amass as much plat as possible for e-peen. It makes people hostile if you aren't there to give them money. You should avoid it if possible.

1 minute ago, VadiseReikaz said:

The ones that dont include pricing are the worst. "Really are you going to make me waste even more time to figure out what you want?" is generally my thought.

I've just filtered out "PMO" from trade chat, so I don't even see their posts.

3 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

Trading is inherently toxic. Everybody's forced to do it (or cough up their own money) in this game if they want to have a remotely enjoyable time (slots, visuals, wait times, anyone?), and everybody tries to highball/lowball/scam others to get it over with sooner or to amass as much plat as possible for e-peen. It makes people hostile if you aren't there to give them money. You should avoid it if possible.

Hm I have to disagree. The majority of people I interact with in trade are very kind and helpful.

Just now, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

They don’t speak english. People from Spain, Russia or Asia. They’re not being rude they just don’t know how to react - that’s what I want to believe. Russian buddies I met in Dota 2 were all gentlemen. 🙂

Yeah that does happen. It can also lead to some misunderstandings

9 minutes ago, Zareek said:

Hm I have to disagree. The majority of people I interact with in trade are very kind and helpful.

I second this.

Most people are either friendly, or neutral.
The amount of unfriendly players I've encountered is so low, I don't even remember them anymore.

I am never rude to my trade partners (at least not on purpose), even when I have 4 customers lined up and the one I'm serving at the moment keeps wasting everyone's time with some nonsense. You always have the option to remain silent, and it's usually the right choice.

Edited by Mana_Caldaria

26 minutes ago, Valiant said:

The person ignored you because he's trying to sell something and you're bothering him with an offer to sell to him the very thing he's trying to sell. Even if you think you're offering the person a good deal it's not what that person is interested in, so he's going to ignore you so you don't bother him. It's not passive aggressive at all.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

The person ignored you because he's trying to sell something and you're bothering him with an offer to sell to him the very thing he's trying to sell. Even if you think you're offering the person a good deal it's not what that person is interested in, so he's going to ignore you so you don't bother him. It's not passive aggressive at all.

I think that was supposed to be me quoted here 🙂 I dont know. I think his response to the whole thing was extreme and exaggerated. But yeah by the end of the day its a subjective point of view.

Just now, Zareek said:

I think that was supposed to be me quoted here 🙂 I dont know. I think his response to the whole thing was extreme and exaggerated. But yeah by the end of the day its a subjective point of view.

Putting someone on ignore is extreme and exaggerated?

Just now, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Putting someone on ignore is extreme and exaggerated?

Considering I was just trying to make a deal with him and I was being polite, I think ignoring someone like that is extreme, yes 😛

34 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

I don't agree with this. A little politeness goes a long way, and although my sell prices are not the lowest (according to warframe.market), all my interactions with (potential) buyers were positive. OTOH I always quote prices, no matter if I'm WTS or WTB.

There was nothing even remotely "agressive" in any mentioned conversations.

And all you really do is annoy the fck out of people. Most hang in the trade chat not to make small talks. They want grofit. That's all they care about and you waste their time.

Цитата

Considering I was just trying to make a deal with him and I was being polite, I think ignoring someone like that is extreme, yes

Not even gonna ask how you can walk on the streets and stuff being that sensitive.

11 minutes ago, Zareek said:

Considering I was just trying to make a deal with him and I was being polite, I think ignoring someone like that is extreme, yes

He had no interest in that deal tho? Which he stated. So you being polite about it doesnt change anything. Was he too quick to ignore? Probably. But consider that you might not be the first who asked that, and others coulda asked that just to troll, maybe then you reconsider whether him ignoring you extreme or not.

Edited by Sormaran