Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aren't Oberon's plants supposed to match his energy colour?

AdunSaveMe

Hell yeah I asked myself the same thing. The grass is green right now and my energy too but last week I tweaked it for a run and I'm 90% sure that the grass was red.. like the color i changed. Is this some kind of "you really really thought but actually not" ? It happens to me now and then ...

49 minutes ago, RAGEF0X said:

Hell yeah I asked myself the same thing. The grass is green right now and my energy too but last week I tweaked it for a run and I'm 90% sure that the grass was red.. like the color i changed. Is this some kind of "you really really thought but actually not" ? It happens to me now and then ...

FDvDRW2.jpg

My grass is always the same, regardless of my accent or energy colour.

I feel like I've phased into the Berenstein universe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-27 at 3:28 AM, Iludra said:

Plant color is "affected" by, but doesn't really match your accent color. It's like it mixes the accent color with the green, so the end result is not always what you'd expect.

There's an old tweet from the Warframe account for this change. It showed solid orange grass on blue energy.

I think something isn't working as intended.

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There's an old tweet from the Warframe account for this change. It showed solid orange grass on blue energy.

I think something isn't working as intended.

Yeah, you can have shades of brown, black, and green (hues that have some green in them). Good luck having pure blue or purple grass though, that never worked AFAIK.

2 hours ago, Iludra said:

Yeah, you can have shades of brown, black, and green (hues that have some green in them). Good luck having pure blue or purple grass though, that never worked AFAIK.

I dislike when "materials" of objects essentially negate their color palettes.  At that point, why bother even allow them to be colored when you ACTUALLY only have like, two options?  I also hate not being able to mix and match some helmet skins with different body skins because color treatments are drastically different between the two.  

Edited by AlMcFly

8 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I dislike when "materials" of objects essentially negate their color palettes.  At that point, why bother even allow them to be colored when you ACTUALLY only have like, two options?  I also hate not being able to mix and match some helmet skins with different body skins because color treatments are drastically different between the two.  

Yup, hate that too. For many of the materials, having multiple color palettes with different shades of the same color helps.

On topic, sadly, Oberon can be fashionable only as long as you like green and brown 😞

1 minute ago, Iludra said:

Yup, hate that too. For many of the materials, having multiple color palettes with different shades of the same color helps.

On topic, sadly, Oberon can be fashionable only as long as you like green and brown 😞

Frost Prime is one of my mains, and I absolutely love the Harka skin.  HOWEVER, the fabric of that skin only accepts two shade:  light and invisible.  Try coloring his skirt black, and you receive a very light grey.  It's one of those "wtf?!?" moments when I first saw this. Not only that but the embroidery on his skirt shares the same color channel as part of his metal helmet.  Want to color the METAL helmet a cool gold color?  Proceed to have your eyes bleed out of their sockets as at the same time, large parts of the skirt fabric turn BRIGHT yellow.  Such a pain in the ice.  

54 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

I've been trying to figure out what determines the kind of plants you get.  I always get grass, but I've seen video of people getting big leafy plants. Is that tileset, color or hallucination?

Regular Broberon gives regular grass, Broberon Prime gives fern-grass.

1 hour ago, Iludra said:

Regular Broberon gives regular grass, Broberon Prime gives fern-grass.

Ahhh...thanks. Honestly, that didn't even occur to me until this thread, and obviously it had not settled in until now.