The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Five Simple Suggestions to Make Warframe Better

Mad5cout

***indicates edits based on great feedback in the thread***

1.  Add a "never host" option to the options menu.  This would allow people who know they have old computers or unstable ISPs to opt out of hosting games and screwing up gameplay for others.

2.  Add an "Apply To All Warframes" button for Sigils in the Regalia Menu to reduce the accidentally deleveling the syndicate you are currently working on when switching to Warframes you don't often use.
***alternatively, remove the % bonus from the sigils altogether and give us a way to select our primary syndicate (like focus) which gives us a rep bonus according to our current rank with the syndicate selected.  This would allow us to use the syndicate sigils as fashion items instead.***

3.  Add the "Operator" menu item to the Menu screen while on Cetus.  Right now you have to transfer into your operator before it will appear.  This is really not intuitive.

4.  Add a "/reset" command (like the /unstuck command) that resets the current bounty stage on the Plains of Eidolon.  These stages often get stuck and force parties to fail the entire bounty series.  If there were a reset function to restart the current stage, that would be really great.
***This would have to be a vote - where all players in the instance would be required to type in the command - for it to take effect in order to avoid trolling with the function***

5.  Please make eidolon lures a little smaller behave similarly to Sentinels so that they automatically drift behind the player.  Either that or make them detach from the player completely once connected to the Eidolon and have them follow the Eidolon around instead.  These obstruct fire lines and for players that have multiples following them, it is particularly annoying.
***If the latter option is used, the lures would return to their original owner after the Eidolon is capped or killed.***

Edited by Mad5cout

For 1, there should be hosting options, like how Matchmaking can be set to friends, invite, or solo: Fastest, Always Host, Never Host.

This would allow people who want to host to be host. This is overriden if you invite others to the squad.

As for 2, wouldn't that cause lag if someone had more than 5 Warframes and wanted ALL of their Warframes to bear the same sigil? DE might not do this because of the sheer lag it can cause, both for their servers and for you.

3, you also have to transfer to operator before you can fast-travel to Quills. DE may have this the way it is due to how they code, perhaps?

4 can be exploited and used for trolling. Devs would probably have access to a command like this already.

5th idea regarding making the Lures follow the Eidolon is a great solution, but what happens when the Teralyst is caught, or otherwise is like the Gantu or Hydro variant with crazy AOE damage fields?

Please for the love of smooth gaming, add the never host or always host options. I absolutely despise when a person with a computer/connection is host and you have to stand at doors waiting for them to open, or the lag is so so bad. Please, it is so much more enjoyable for those with the better computers/connections to host. I love running with clan mates for this reason, never any issue with lag as we know who should be hosting.

Please, please, pretty please DE add this in to increase the enjoyment experience of playing with no lag, and thank you for a great game.

7 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

these in fact are great suggestions all around, not like all 99% of others "i have suggestion/solution to make it better "  
but the second one,  is just an excuse to be lazy, it doesnt take that much to check and change

would you kindly change my 20 warframes?, 

you know what its like when you accidentally bump yourself down a promotion and need another rare cernos prime lower limb.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

would you kindly change my 20 warframes?, 

you know what its like when you accidentally bump yourself down a promotion and need another rare cernos prime lower limb.

only 20?  please....
and like i said, its not that hard to check, or you are making the sigils so small u cant notice them when u change warframes?

like i said its an excuse to be lazy

18 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

these in fact are great suggestions all around, not like all 99% of others "i have suggestion/solution to make it better "  
but the second one,  is just an excuse to be lazy, it doesnt take that much to check and change

G43riel, you only think its lazy if you don't own all of the warframes and actually change quite frequently.  This is about 3 menu options deep and if you have also leveled all of the syndicates like I have, finding the right sigil can be a pain.  To change over all of my warframes would literally take about 15 minutes.  And I mean literally literally.

Edited by Mad5cout

3 minutes ago, Mad5cout said:

G43riel, you only think its lazy if you don't own all of the warframes and actually change quite frequently.  This is about 3 menu options deep and if have also leveled all of the syndicates like I have, finding the right sigil can be a pain.  To change over all of my warframes would literally take about 15 minutes.  And I mean literally literally.

want me to show my warframe list to you? my profile ? dont have all warframe, what a laugh i had

15 min? why ? you're really THAT slow? geez

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

And, of course, /reset could be done as a vote.  Rather than bringing up a vote dialogue, the game could just wait until all the players in the instance typed in the command.  While there is a chance that you will have some clueless folks or asshats refuse to type it in, it would at least salvage the lion's share of broken bounty runs and, to me, that would be worth it.

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

want me to show my warframe list to you? my profile ? dont have all warframe, what a laugh i had

This forum is for constructive feedback, if you want to troll, go to the general forum.  Quite frankly, your opinion on what makes someone lazy doesn't matter in the least.  The apply all button would streamline a process that takes time and is annoying.  There is no valid reason to fight for not having it in the game.

3 minutes ago, Mad5cout said:

This forum is for constructive feedback, if you want to troll, go to the general forum.  Quite frankly, your opinion on what makes someone lazy doesn't matter in the least.  The apply all button would streamline a process that takes time and is annoying.  There is no valid reason to fight for not having it in the game.

never said it would be bad, just that was pretty lazy for a problem not really big at all

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

k, but now you got friends that like to start the timer & all you can think about a quick frame to switch to ignoring that the sigil is an old one and end up screwing yourself over. It's quality of life, I have to type with a controller you lazy keyboard user. I would appreciate faster game configuration so I can hurry & do other things.

Ironic calling something that speeds up gameplay lazy when your playing a game to begin with.

I came thinking these would be bad suggestions.

I was wrong. These are actually good. Just a few things though:

#2 Maybe add one for each "loadout style" (i.e. the A B C on the top of every appearance menu.)

#3 Should be that only people who have done TWW/ got to Onkko can do it.

#4 Add a vote, like many people have said.

#5 Or they can just remove their collision from everything except the ground.

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

For 1, there should be hosting options, like how Matchmaking can be set to friends, invite, or solo: Fastest, Always Host, Never Host.

This would allow people who want to host to be host. This is overriden if you invite others to the squad.

As for 2, wouldn't that cause lag if someone had more than 5 Warframes and wanted ALL of their Warframes to bear the same sigil? DE might not do this because of the sheer lag it can cause, both for their servers and for you.

3, you also have to transfer to operator before you can fast-travel to Quills. DE may have this the way it is due to how they code, perhaps?

4 can be exploited and used for trolling. Devs would probably have access to a command like this already.

5th idea regarding making the Lures follow the Eidolon is a great solution, but what happens when the Teralyst is caught, or otherwise is like the Gantu or Hydro variant with crazy AOE damage fields?

Always host wont be a thing, because then youll have dozens of people trying to always host and never being able to join parties that already have hosts. Its an unneeded function since the game already tries to make you always host, unless it finds an open group.

2 wouldnt cause lag at all, because it would be adjusting numbers in the profile data rather than adjusting a texture physically.

Once caught, the lures would either return to their host or they would be activateable by players to re-link their follow target.

#1 should have been a feature from day one, my Nat type is 3 and I'm not tech savvy enough to change it so even though the game is smooth for me, the moment someone else joins I get the dreaded red text of death at the bottom of my screen and my teammates leave usually bashing me for being a bad host as if it was my fault and even though I have a hard time finding squads despite the 'open squads'  saying there are multiple  squads to join I somehow  manage to get a full team added to my lobby almost every time I start a match alone , so now i play solo because of that which is really boring, so having a option to disable host would help everyone I think. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

#1 should have been a feature from day one, my Nat type is 3 and I'm not tech savvy enough to change it so even though the game is smooth for me, the moment someone else joins I get the dreaded red text of death at the bottom of my screen and my teammates leave usually bashing me for being a bad host as if it was my fault and even though I have a hard time finding squads despite the 'open squads'  saying there are multiple  squads to join I somehow  manage to get a full team added to my lobby almost every time I start a match alone , so now i play solo because of that which is really boring, so having a option to disable host would help everyone I think. 

All open squads means is how many squads there are in total that have an opening in them, it doesnt calculate if those groups have completed an objective or not. Most of those are likely already in-mission and have completed an objective, locking out people joining.