The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your zaw

Cloud

I've built all the components available, but from the many combinations I tried nothing "interesting" or better than an actual weapon came out. Do you mind to share your most loved and proud creations to inspire me and all those guys still a bit intimidated at the approach with this system? 

https://semlar.com/zawcalc/0815 heres a calculator so you can see what you you can get before you actually build it

any dagger zaw you make outdamages any vanilla dagger you can craft from the looks of it. (the one I linked does 124 base damage, the highest a vanilla daggers goes to is 50 base plus it has 25% crit chance so you can go nuts with berserker)

Not sure if you have acess to the plague parts, but these 2 are probably my favourites:

UafjOYv.jpg

0EMjdMd.jpg

Especially the latter since I have a riven, giving it 100% status, but it's really even without it. I'm more of a status bloke since Condition Overload is a thing.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

@Cloud What melee types do you prefer in the first place?

Well I generally go for high range so polearms and stuff like that, but I'm not reluctant to try new things

3 minutes ago, Delibird said:

https://semlar.com/zawcalc/0815 heres a calculator so you can see what you you can get before you actually build it

any dagger zaw you make outdamages any vanilla dagger you can craft from the looks of it. (the one I linked does 124 base damage, the highest a vanilla daggers goes to is 50 base plus it has 25% crit chance so you can go nuts with berserker)

not a fan of daggers in this game, but I'll give it a look, ty for sharing :)

3 minutes ago, Delibird said:

You don't want damage for Daggers. Attack Speed is more effective, especially with Stinging Thorn having both forced bleed procs and forced finishers. You can add another 100 base damage with Covert Lethality, so Attack Speed gives a higher DPS.

3 minutes ago, -Bittersteel- said:

Not sure if you have acess to the plague parts, but these 2 are probably my favourites:

UafjOYv.jpg

0EMjdMd.jpg

Especially the latter since I have a riven, giving it 100% status, but it's really even without it. I'm more of a status bloke since Condition Overload is a thing.

Yeah, got those parts but unfortunately just 1 copy for each, I guess you're running a condition overload build on those.

With a Plague Kripath you can make both the best Rapier and a very good Polearm.

I also like the new Heavy Blade zaw, it is very good.

And the Nikana zaw is also good.

Just figure out if you want Attack Speed or Damage, and if you want Crit, Status, or a balance, then use Semlar to make the zaw that fits what you want, then make it in-game.

I just built them all with max status (ekwana 2), and balanced their speed and damage with handle and ruhang/jai weights (with the exception of the dagger with which I went full speed instead, as that works best with Stinging Thorn and Covert Lethality). Condition Overload makes them all awesome that way, while they are all Maiming Strike+Blood Rush viable, still, if you wanna use them that way.

In general, all Zaws are topnotch, due to this customizability.

Edited by Azamagon

My favourite zaw is my heavy blade zaw called "Soul Reaper".

The parts I used for it were:

Strike: Dokrahm

Grip: Shtung

Link: Vargeet II Jai

The stats are pretty amazing, and with a pretty standard crit/berserker build, you'll be getting red crits in no time, seriously. It gets me through sorties, feels good, has a HUGE range and looks good. It's basically the perfect melee weapon for me. (although you could technically out-DPS it with a spin-to-win atterax build, but still). The only downside is that if it's unmodded, the attack speed isn't all that high, but adding berserker makes it extremely fast, and allows you to have a ton of fun with any stance you want.

If you wanna know the stats, here's a link: https://semlar.com/zawcalc/8910

Have fun, and good luck building your zaw 😉

Edited by lennieplop60

My first Plague Zaw I built:

34ilac0.png

If you know diseases, you would know what this Zaw's name is.

I just built this one today

kc0190.png

Took me plenty of farming but it was worth it after watching how fast lvl 105s (MR 15) died in the Simulacrum. Even with fury, Don't have Primed Fury, it's feel slow. Second one is built more for Status while the first one is built more for a Hybrid.

Edited by VPrime96

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

not a fan of daggers in this game, but I'll give it a look, ty for sharing 🙂

Zaw daggers are best daggers in game

No matter what combination you do, it will be better than any other non-zaw dagger

Generally players use dagger for finishers with covert lethality, so making a high speed one is preferrable