The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low FPS on "high end" PC

-TSA-Vendetta

Having the same issue but on a low-end rig. Was running beautifully up until 2 days ago. Something in the updates that have been pushed out in the last few days borked something. I get FPS drop as soon as I hit the login screen, and if I try to run a mission the game crashes. As of right now it's completely unplayable 😞

Edited by abdulhakeem

On 2018-08-25 at 4:10 AM, Zenko001 said:

Mp on lowest ,ruins the fps ,and 32 bit 10-20 more fps than 64 odd..my issues are similar to this.

At launcher, I turned off 64 bit to use 32 bit Warframe, and I get better frames per second (FPS).

64 bit in 4 player online gives me 87 fps at start, but later, mostly 55-75 fps.

32 bit in 4 player online on the same mission gives me 65-87 fps, mostly above 75 fps.

Why does 32 bit Warframe have faster FPS then 64 bit warframe?

Windows 10 64 bit, intel i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, Nvidia GT 1030 2GB GDDR5, HDMI to VGA converter, and an old 1280x960 87Hz CRT monitor.

Same as me.. Running game on a Intel Core i5-4670 4GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 760 and used to run great, now as soon as it enters the login screen it start with the fps drop. Looking the menu in my liset with 15fps.. Strange thing is that nor the CPU (20-22%) or the GPU (7-20%) seem to be under heavy work. RAM used by Evolution Engine at 1.5GB.

[FIXED]

After much testing, and interestingly the only game that this is happening its on Warframe, I found out the problem was in a Win 10 graphic card drivers update. Windows updated my graphic card drivers without my knowledge. So I just updated on top of those with GeForce Experience and the fps drop its fixed..

Edited by tiagoborg

So I've had the same problems aswell since early august. Today I just got enough and thought "If I gonna get bad FPS despite settings I can just max it out". First no difference, but the I turned Anti-aliasing on again (on high) and suddenly the game ran much smoother. That shouldn't be the problem, but I dunno. Maybe DE patched something, or Windows have updated. Other than that I haven't done anything. 

On 2018-06-05 at 2:52 AM, -TSA-Vendetta said:

PC specs: 
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz which gets overclocked to 4,2 GHz 
RAM: 16,0 GB DDR3 
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

System: Windows 10

I recently discovered huge fps drops after only a few min into Teveuni Survival (Kuva Fortress Survival) and in many other missions but thats the one which has the biggest impact on me because i really enjoy this gamemode.

I usually just cap my FPS at 120, when i start the mission or when im in the Landing ship my FPS are stable but the longer the mission lasts the worse my FPS get especially in the beginning of the mission after 1-2 min im usually dropped to 60FPS which u can see here:

Reveal hidden contents

I asked the Support for help but they had no idea either, so i reset my pc completly and installed everything again the non steam version and the steam version but it didnt change at all.

The Support asked me for some Benchmarks so i did them, maybe they will help u guys: https://imgur.com/a/bjrIVgu

8600k @4.8ghz , 16gb 3200mhz DDR4 RAM, 1060 6gb. Locked to 120 fps, never drops below 110. Max settings @1080p, motion blur off. When I say max I mean max. Particles set to ludicrous. And yes I play multiplayer and no matter how much is going on, I never see it drop below 110fps. No stutters, nothing. Something weird going on for you guys.

Your CPU is certainly not a high end CPU and you have DDR 3 Ram. Also not high end. But still you shouldn't be having issues. Something is up with your build/OS

Edited by MrMysticalPotato

Am 14.9.2018 um 00:38 schrieb rainpig:

I had same issue with fps drops, Lowering GPU particle setting to "high" helps if you have it on ludicrous.

i can even do all on low and the only thing that will happen is my gpu usage decreases from around 30% down to 15-20% but the fps dont increase even tho they are far away from the max i have in my settings and no i dont have vsync on

Probably a faster CPU with fast single thread speed is the way to go for this game. Can take a look at UserBenchmarks website that shows single thread speed.

@MrMysticalPotato 8600k 4.8 ghz, 1060 6gb. 110-120 fps?

@-TSA-Vendetta i7-4790K 4.00 GHz, GTX 1070 Ti. Still drops to 60 fps from your first post? Recent updates have some micro-optimizations that might speed up FPS.

Me (sam686) i7-2600 3.4 GHz, GT 1030. Looks like I am CPU limited for this game. Used a tool to change thread affinity and thread priority, not entire process, just individual threads in one process. But, it is just as slow FPS, maybe slower without this tool. While in Cetus or 4 player squads, one CPU thread is maxed out nearly all the time and my GPU usage of low and graphics card is only about 60% or less. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311791764

16 hours ago, sam686 said:

Probably a faster CPU with fast single thread speed is the way to go for this game. Can take a look at UserBenchmarks website that shows single thread speed.

@-TSA-Vendetta i7-4790K 4.00 GHz, GTX 1070 Ti. Still drops to 60 fps from your first post? Recent updates have some micro-optimizations that might speed up FPS.

Me (sam686) i7-2600 3.4 GHz, GT 1030. Looks like I am CPU limited for this game. Used a tool to change thread affinity and thread priority, not entire process, just individual threads in one process. But, it is just as slow FPS, maybe slower without this tool. While in Cetus or 4 player squads, one CPU thread is maxed out nearly all the time and my GPU usage of low and graphics card is only about 60% or less. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311791764

check this one .....i have the same S#&$ .....in multiplayer  ...eve nif there are no monsters around me or player are in other room fps drops below 60....i mean its warframe man come one ...singleplayer i play max doent drop below 60....mp even if i lower everything the fps goes even worse ....and starts stutter....wierd 🙂 i hope they gonna fix this thing  , also read the comments im "slenderr" in that comment section

On 2018-09-18 at 2:39 PM, sam686 said:

The Plague Star Hemocyte battle is reliably taxing for my fps with dips to about 80 in solo and 40 in a full squad. I've also noticed that only one CPU core is maxed while the others hover around 20-50% with total CPU usage reported as about 45% and gpu usage at about 25% in a full squad. Running solo actually sees resource usage increase to 55% CPU and 50% gpu.

@Habetler yes no improvements so far not the slightest bit but yeah, i talked with DE_Glen a bit and he didnt want to admit that its a problem because its as he said normal that the fps drop when the game "gets going" even tho the cpu, gpu, and ram are not even at 50% usage but who am I to say that .... 

Really pisses me off with time 

Zitat

Probably a faster CPU with fast single thread speed is the way to go for this game

On win10 you can see every single core and I didnt see a significant increase on only one of the cores as right now but who knows how reliable it is...

On 2018-09-24 at 4:51 PM, -TSA-Vendetta said:

@Habetler yes no improvements so far not the slightest bit but yeah, i talked with DE_Glen a bit and he didnt want to admit that its a problem because its as he said normal that the fps drop when the game "gets going" even tho the cpu, gpu, and ram are not even at 50% usage but who am I to say that .... 

Really pisses me off with time 

On win10 you can see every single core and I didnt see a significant increase on only one of the cores as right now but who knows how reliable it is...

With a 8700k only core3 on rig is what's getting taxed @80-90% .the others are within 10-30% . But that taxing only occurs in POE at the boil.