Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee becoming an outcast in Hydron?

TioMegaManX

Put me in the camp that would like to level up weapons by actually using them. I find that part fun. We pick EXP hot spots because we want to play with other people, not because we want to watch one frame nuke the map to death in the most efficient way possible. If all I cared about was leveling up everything in the most efficient way possible, I wouldn't be playing this game at all. 

So if you're seeing people leave when you notice a nuke frame in the mix, there's a decent chance its' someone like me who just doesn't like playing with cheese builds. 

21 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Hydron's purpose is clear, get the most exp/affinity in the less time possible

Yeah, it's bizarre how people go there and then #femaledog about getting the intended result. But maybe they just really love they Hydron map and have no clue that there are other identical ones, or something.

Edited by (XB1)mickeyjuiceman

5 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

With map-wide CC, colossal damage multipliers, Finisher access and complete Armor strip options, Banshee is an incredible asset to any team. Unless of course the player has no idea how to play Banshee and opts instead to spam her 4 all mission and pretend they're useful. Then the rest of the team needs to go seek out spawn closets so the wave can end already, and also has to deal with enemies being vonstantly displaced by SQ's minor damage.

Love Banshee as I do, I really feel like replacing Soundquake with a fresh ability may be doing the greater good here. Or at the very least give SQ an augment that isn't completely braindead.

That's what people do.  One of my favorite (and most effective) builds is Savage silence melee banshee.  But she is rare.

It's like limbo.  Limbo can be an acceptable useful frame in the hands of a smart tenno.  However, it's a piece of crud that annoys and trolls.  I leave when I see a limbo...

I log in to play the game. Not play vacuum cleaner in space. It’s just boring.  You can use whatever logically inconsistent argument you like, but it’s a game. You play a game.  If one person is destroying the entire area by hitting one button, then you are no longer playing the game. 

4 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

If you want to have fun your way, why don't you play with your like minded clan mates and friends in a premade squad instead of going into public matches where anything can happen and players are free to play whatever they want, however they like? Might be a better idea than trying to impose your play style on others by coming to the forums and requesting nerfs and changes on AoE nuke frames (not saying you specifically do that, but that's the trend around here). By looking at this thread alone a portion of the ppl around seem to be perfectly fine with nuke frames clearing the map in xp farm nodes like Hydron. And honestly, despite banshee's RQ issues (like leftover enemies ragdolling in spawn and weakness vs high armor), it's still usually much faster than completely unoptimized squads with r0 mr fodder weapons and useless auras tickling the enemies. 

That has got to be just about the most perfectly stupid post I've seen on the Warframe forums. Congratulations.

1 hour ago, Nagranok said:

I can't help but laugh at people who leave when they see me playing Banshee at Hydron. Joke's on them.

My Banshee is resonance (sonar) Banshee. 

I am totally the same literally makes Hydron twice as fast cause enemies die if you blink at glowing sonar spots 

On 2018-06-05 at 8:47 PM, Horonelius said:

Some people want to play the game and not just walk around for 10 to 15 waves while someone else kills everything.

If a RQ Banshee is killing everything for 10-15 waves for you on Hydron I have to ask....what are you doing wrong? After wave 2 or 3 it's just knocking them around.

1 hour ago, Nagranok said:

I can't help but laugh at people who leave when they see me playing Banshee at Hydron. Joke's on them.

My Banshee is resonance (sonar) Banshee. 

Sadly I don't see many of those, so far I see people leaving as soon as she begins spamming 4.

5 hours ago, Acos said:

Put me in the camp that would like to level up weapons by actually using them. I find that part fun. We pick EXP hot spots because we want to play with other people, not because we want to watch one frame nuke the map to death in the most efficient way possible. If all I cared about was leveling up everything in the most efficient way possible, I wouldn't be playing this game at all. 

So if you're seeing people leave when you notice a nuke frame in the mix, there's a decent chance its' someone like me who just doesn't like playing with cheese builds. 

Well, I don't mind nukes as long as they are fast and the affinity range is decent enough so everyone gets a decent amount, that's my problem with Banshee RQ/SQ, is too slow and gives almost no EXP

It's because Banshee has a bad rep from the lengthy period of time where players used her to cheese Hydron.
Pure & Simple.

Banshee will never lose that reputation either. Just like a jezebel who wrecked the homes of half the town, her legacy is one of shame.
I finally leveled my Banshee up (Mastery Fodder) & I had a hell of a time doing it because folks were extremely wary of me.
Many expressed shock to see me using her 3 instead of her 4.
I think I only used her 4 to delay them when we had 3 Nox's somehow defy the Nova in the group & make it to the pod.

She isn't my playstyle. I regret farming Banshee Prime. =/
Glad I'm done leveling her. She goes into the Orbiter Cargo Hold with Limbo, Nezha, Nova, & Wukong. *Sighs dejectedly*

19 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Well, I don't mind nukes as long as they are fast and the affinity range is decent enough so everyone gets a decent amount, that's my problem with Banshee RQ/SQ, is too slow and gives almost no EXP

According to the wiki, under affinity, " Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity."

If this is correct, then the affinity range is 50m from the Banshee killing everything. This gives a wide area to roam in small maps like Hydron as long as the Banshee stays in the center of the map.

Disclaimer: This is assuming the wiki is correct, which isn't always the case.

Edited by Wulfwyn

On 2018-06-06 at 5:27 PM, jfhsanseiIII said:

I log in to play the game. Not play vacuum cleaner in space. It’s just boring.  You can use whatever logically inconsistent argument you like, but it’s a game. You play a game.  If one person is destroying the entire area by hitting one button, then you are no longer playing the game. 

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but that person nuking the map is playing the game too.  Much of a looter shooter is about killing enemies and looting as fast as possible.  By your statement alone, that's inconsistent logic what you say here.  How is cheesing the game not playing it?  Don't hate the player, hate the game.  Let's just say in a very basic way, that this game supports more than one playstyle.

3 hours ago, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

But it's not HIS playstyle, therefore it's the WRONG playstyle.

Heh, I sometimes wonder what percentage of people that are using their same argument are only hating on nuke frames because their epeen can't handle their deflated kill ratios in comparison. Not saying that all do, just curious, because I've known people like that.

I wonder if DE could allow players to set certain criteria when searching for random games, such as, 'don't group me with a team if it has [mod/weapon/frame] equipped.' Allow that, and people that hate resonating quake builds could keep away from them. Then maybe we can stop complaining about what frames other people are using.

To all those recent posters that keep referring to people hating on nuke frames... This thread is not about hating on nuke frames, it's about hating on Banshee Quake spammers. There is a very big difference.

7 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

If this is correct, then the affinity range is 50m from the Banshee killing everything. This gives a wide area to roam in small maps like Hydron as long as the Banshee stays in the center of the map.

I thought the same but for some reason I can stay next to Banshee and still get way less exp compared to any other nuke frame, which makes the slower RQ killing all the more painful.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I thought the same but for some reason I can stay next to Banshee and still get way less exp compared to any other nuke frame, which makes the slower RQ killing all the more painful.

Well, could be wiki is wrong or there is something that you were missing, like the banshee wasn't the one doing all the kills...I haven't tested enough to know.

7 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

And yes, that is correct.

5 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

To all those recent posters that keep referring to people hating on nuke frames... This thread is not about hating on nuke frames, it's about hating on Banshee Quake spammers. There is a very big difference.

Volt nuking them is fine, then? That makes sense.

10 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

Not much of a difference in my mind. Resonating Banshee is a nuke frame. The topic might be about a specific nuke frame, but a lot of the same reasons that people don't want to run in a group with her, I'd wager are the same reasons they don't want to run in a group with nuke frames.

Just now, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

Volt nuking them is fine, then? That makes sense.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth. I said that this thread is about hating on Banshee Quake spammers, not about nuker's in general.

Considering you mention it Volt and Equinox are also "bad" nukers for the same reason Banshee is; They stop enemies from advancing so if you can cover a map with their "nuke" skill then it ruins fun for the other players. So I guess discussing that is aligned with the OP.

On the flip-side Saryn, Mag, and Nova for instance all have nuke like qualities--in as much as they can significantly speed up the decimation of enemies--but they don't prevent other players from engaging with enemies and having some fun.

My friend's whole reason for hating that strat is not because of just sitting around doing nothing but that loot and mainly energy drop in spawn. Since his go-to besides Rhino is Ember he was reasonably upset. I'm in the camp that doesn't like sitting down and having tea with Limbo while Banshee does her thing.

If I'm playing Banshee then I'm running a Silence setup but to each their own. I don't mind having a Banshee at Hydron but sometimes it's just dull until the higher waves. (Though quaking at that point gets real annoying since they're just stunlocking mobs in spawn.) Unfortunately, most PUGs I end up in wind up leaving at 10 anyway Banshee or not - but that's a whole other issue of mine.

On 2018-06-06 at 2:26 PM, SenorClipClop said:

With map-wide CC, colossal damage multipliers, Finisher access and complete Armor strip options, Banshee is an incredible asset to any team. Unless of course the player has no idea how to play Banshee and opts instead to spam her 4 all mission and pretend they're useful. Then the rest of the team needs to go seek out spawn closets so the wave can end already, and also has to deal with enemies being constantly displaced by SQ's minor damage.

Love Banshee as I do, I really feel like replacing Soundquake with a fresh ability may be doing the greater good here. Or at the very least give SQ an augment that isn't completely braindead.

would be cool if they did something like a sound wave echo that would bounce from enemy to enemy in what ever direction banshee was facing and doing damage, for synergy why not let it be affected by sonar spots even or have it end her 3 prematurely when used to make a deafening sound (for enemies that disarms and stuns) radially.