Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee becoming an outcast in Hydron?

VanFanel1980mx

A few weeks ago I recall complaining about how tedious it was having a Banshee using RQ in this particular node (popular for leveling up) because it was very slow and apparently didn't even grant enough "passive EXP" to others, but then lately I have seen something very interesting, people leaving squads if they see RQ Banshee on the mission, hell, at one point I did it myself because of my own experience, so, have you seen it? I kind of feel bad for them but even without the ragdoll effect it was painful to go to the spawn rooms and finish the enemies off, specially since being far apart from the other players means less EXP overall.

Your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Horonelius said:

Some people want to play the game and not just walk around for 10 to 15 waves while someone else kills everything.

Even with some other frames it seems like Banshee is the less desirable, full powered Polarize Mag is at least fast and any remaining enemies can be dispatched since they keep moving to the objective, Slow Nova may be annoying to some but at least allows the others to kill the enemies faster as well, even CastaNuke Trinity allows you to participate.

The reason this may be could be down to Banshee's ult pushing enemies away and causing their pathfinding programming to malfunction when they get up and can't get down. A solution would be to have her shorten her power range and stack more strength, bring a Gara as well as a speed Nova and maybe a Trinity if nobody's running Zenurik or if everyone can handle enemies (replace Trinity with Saryn for more enemy weakening if Trinity isn't required). This configuration of a team should fix the issue, in theory.

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The reason this may be could be down to Banshee's ult pushing enemies away and causing their pathfinding programming to malfunction when they get up and can't get down. A solution would be to have her shorten her power range and stack more strength, bring a Gara as well as a speed Nova and maybe a Trinity if nobody's running Zenurik or if everyone can handle enemies (replace Trinity with Saryn for more enemy weakening if Trinity isn't required). This configuration of a team should fix the issue, in theory.

Of course, but that's something you do with organized teams, not with randos.

6 minutes ago, Horonelius said:

Some people want to play the game and not just walk around for 10 to 15 waves while someone else kills everything.

Sadly that applies to a few Frame's, (Maim Equinox, Saryn) but Banshee's a shining example of something that DE was supposed to fix but really didn't. She's more interesting, but she's still capable of making Hydron and other small maps boring for everyone else.

28 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

A few weeks ago I recall complaining about how tedious it was having a Banshee using RQ in this particular node (popular for leveling up) because it was very slow and apparently didn't even grant enough "passive EXP" to others, but then lately I have seen something very interesting, people leaving squads if they see RQ Banshee on the mission, hell, at one point I did it myself because of my own experience, so, have you seen it? I kind of feel bad for them but even without the ragdoll effect it was painful to go to the spawn rooms and finish the enemies off, specially since being far apart from the other players means less EXP overall.

Your thoughts?

I am one who leaves missions when i notice there is a Banshee on the squad in Hydron. And its not just with Banshee, any frame with Nuke potential is a turn off for me to do Hydron missions with.

26 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I am one who leaves missions when i notice there is a Banshee on the squad in Hydron. And its not just with Banshee, any frame with Nuke potential is a turn off for me to do Hydron missions with.

Hydron's purpose is clear, get the most exp/affinity in the less time possible. People don't go to hydron to have fun, try weapons or w/e. Most of my hydron squads are people that often bring full arsenal of level 10 or less. If you're looking for "engaging gameplay" or w/e it is, hydron is definitely not the place.

Again, this is another example of how DE (and a few vocal individuals) wants us to play vs how we need to play to get anywhere in the game.

6 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Hydron's purpose is clear, get the most exp/affinity in the less time possible. People don't go to hydron to have fun, try weapons or w/e. Most of my hydron squads are people that often bring full arsenal of level 10 or less. If you're looking for "engaging gameplay" or w/e it is, hydron is definitely not the place.

Aww, No DUH!

I go Hydron to Rank/Test/Forma weapons AND have fun because shooting with any weapon and learning the best way to mod and use them is also part of having fun.

All I know is that when I go to hydron, it is to level things as quickly as possible so if there is a map nuker on the team I really don't mind: quicker I get out of the map the better. I really do dislike Hydron but it's pretty much the ONLY place people go to level as a group so there really is no choice. Meh. Anyways, try solo then OP: you will almost always come across a nuker in one form or another, either a frame that does it or weapon so that's all I can suggest.

Edited by fizbit

1 minute ago, fizbit said:

All I know is that when I go to hydron, it is to level things as quickly as possible so if there is a map nuker on the team I really don't mind: quicker I get out of the map the better. Anyways, try solo then OP: you will almost always come across a nuker in one form or another, either a frame that does it or weapon so that's all I can suggest.

My problem is that Banshee is not a fast nuker, is the slowest of them all, any other frame seems to do whatever she does in half the time.

7 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

how DE (and a few vocal individuals) wants us to play

You mean those people that want everyone to have fun in every mission? 

Gosh, those guys are so unreasonable. 

7 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

how we need to play to get anywhere in the game

Pure hyperbolic garbage.

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

surprised Hydron is still relevant. Sanctuary onslaught offers great Affinity, a variety of enemies and locales, gives easy relics and doesn't take anywhere near as long as a full rotation of Hydron. it's where I'd go to power-level nowadays (and get Focus).

Yeah great idea, played lately with such people that take unranked gear to SO, then they die every 15 seconds, after 10 times in a row when i revive them they leave. Fantastic affinity farm 😄

RQ Banshee makes the waves take twice as long and I've noticed that even with one weapon and an affinity booster equipped, I only go up like two levels every five waves! I've done 10 waves where the only "nuke" frame was a Rhino and maxed out a rifle and a sentinel. Even Saryn is a better option, especially in her new form. Maxed Strength Frost that doesn't go too overboard with his 4th is the best for affinity on Hydron, from my experience and in my opinion.

Sonar Banshee (with the augment) is superior in every way to most frames, also in my opinion. You transform your squad into one huge killing machine! Crits in the billions!

With map-wide CC, colossal damage multipliers, Finisher access and complete Armor strip options, Banshee is an incredible asset to any team. Unless of course the player has no idea how to play Banshee and opts instead to spam her 4 all mission and pretend they're useful. Then the rest of the team needs to go seek out spawn closets so the wave can end already, and also has to deal with enemies being constantly displaced by SQ's minor damage.

Love Banshee as I do, I really feel like replacing Soundquake with a fresh ability may be doing the greater good here. Or at the very least give SQ an augment that isn't completely braindead.

Edited by SenorClipClop

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

With map-wide CC, colossal damage multipliers, Finisher access and complete Armor strip options, Banshee is an incredible asset to any team. Unless of course the player has no idea how to play Banshee and opts instead to spam her 4 all mission and pretend they're useful. Then the rest of the team needs to go seek out spawn closets so the wave can end already, and also has to deal with enemies being vonstantly displaced by SQ's minor damage.

Love Banshee as I do, I really feel like replacing Soundquake with a fresh ability may be doing the greater good here. Or at the very least give SQ an augment that isn't completely braindead.

Old SQ also made collecting loot a massive chore.

11 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You mean those people that want everyone to have fun in every mission? 

Gosh, those guys are so unreasonable. 

Pure hyperbolic garbage.

If you want to have fun your way, why don't you play with your like minded clan mates and friends in a premade squad instead of going into public matches where anything can happen and players are free to play whatever they want, however they like? Might be a better idea than trying to impose your play style on others by coming to the forums and requesting nerfs and changes on AoE nuke frames (not saying you specifically do that, but that's the trend around here). By looking at this thread alone a portion of the ppl around seem to be perfectly fine with nuke frames clearing the map in xp farm nodes like Hydron. And honestly, despite banshee's RQ issues (like leftover enemies ragdolling in spawn and weakness vs high armor), it's still usually much faster than completely unoptimized squads with r0 mr fodder weapons and useless auras tickling the enemies. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

RQ Banshee makes the waves take twice as long and I've noticed that even with one weapon and an affinity booster equipped, I only go up like two levels every five waves! I've done 10 waves where the only "nuke" frame was a Rhino and maxed out a rifle and a sentinel. Even Saryn is a better option, especially in her new form. Maxed Strength Frost that doesn't go too overboard with his 4th is the best for affinity on Hydron, from my experience and in my opinion.

Sonar Banshee (with the augment) is superior in every way to most frames, also in my opinion. You transform your squad into one huge killing machine! Crits in the billions!

Yep, whenever I bring sonar banshee, the fights turn from battles into hunts! Grineer, Corpus, doesn't matter - they're all animals for the net!