Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Virtual Cursor Action Plan

[DE]Danielle

11 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You DO REALIZE that with The Sacrifice release the UI you have right now will be replaced, right? Also DE will not revert the change, they have said this twice now on twitter. Adapt.

Well said. I know it’s new on Consoles but learn to adapt and use it. I play on PS4 Pro and I’m enjoying the UI.

• Like 1

On June 6, 2018 at 5:07 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

It’s been over 24 hours since we launched the UI and virtual cursor changes in Update 22.20.6 on PS4 and Xbox One, and we’ve been closely reading your feedback (Forums, Twitter, in-game chat, etc.) and furiously taking notes as it continues to roll in in droves. Coinciding feedback points from our PC Controller users have also been included in our readings, as the goal of unifying controls across all Platforms was our intention from the start within the future greater UI overhaul scheme.  

But we do feel we missed the mark on this first attempt. So, while we are keeping to our original goal, we understand that in order to fully meet it improvements are needed. 

That said, the following is a list of priority changes (based largely on your feedback) that we’ve started working on implementing:  

• Restoring button shortcuts in the Arsenal. 
  • Adding content preview on hover in Relic selection screens (choosing a Relic is done by selecting it). 
  • Changing “preview” and “select” to be independent of one another in the Arsenal item selection (separate bindings displayed in bottom right of screen in Arsenal).
  • Right Trigger will rotate your Warframe in the Arsenal while browsing item grid. 
  • Removing the need to hold down X (PS4) / A (XB1) + drag in order to select a Mod in the Modding UI. Instead, selecting a Mod will make it stick to your cursor like it used to, allowing you to move it with cursor control or D-Pad. Additionally, hitting “back” will deselect the Mod from your cursor without exiting the screen. 
  • Fixing D-Pad landing on invisible items on the bottom of grids (long term goal as requires a lot of testing for a global change).

This is just the start of what you can expect in terms of changes. We’ve been hard at work to get these launched on console as soon as possible (in a hotfix tonight!), while some changes may come in later hotfixes/updates as they require more time to implement and test. PC Tenno, you can expect these changes in a future update (along with the D-Pad support originally announced in the dedicated Dev Workshop). We will be watching for your feedback on the above changes as well.

We do also want to thank you tremendously for your patience as we continue to work on changes. There’s no denying this was a rocky start with the original launch, but we’re hopeful that with some time and care, we can get it to a much better place for all of you.

5:22 PM ET Edit: Hotfixes have been deployed on PS4 and XB1!

Stay updated on fixes/changes in the official feedback megathread: 

In codex, fan art, can't pan ... Yaaay cursor , 😡

• Like 1

On 2018-06-06 at 5:07 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Coinciding feedback points from our PC Controller users have also been included in our readings, as the goal of unifying controls across all Platforms was our intention from the start within the future greater UI overhaul scheme.  

This feedback was given back in early May and the PC players even said it was horrible then. They at least have a way out by using their mouse to navigate their menus. We console players don't. We are stuck with this mistake until DE decides to fix it and we haven't gotten anything other than we are working on it and the patch will be out soon. Please DE tell us how soon is soon. Will we get a patch this week, next week, next month? Will we have to struggle with this forced broken UI change after the sacrifice is released? Just a little R&D could have fixed it. Everyone at DE knew the interface was bad before it was released so why didn't you wait until it was polished and play tested before releasing it. 

We console players won't even get the sacrifice for several weeks. If this interface is required for the sacrifice quest in some way why didn't this UI change get a little more time in the oven and release closer to update 23 when it was actually playable?

Please DE just gives us a little more information on when these fixes will be coming out. I trust that you will fix things but we need to know how long we will have to suffer before getting any sort of update. 

• Like 1

We got temporary fixes within 24 hours....   its a week later....   no more fixes????  Alot of the stuff needs applied to all menus.   Some things are just broken and dont work like cursor+chat box.  I constantly lose the ability to click on stuff in there. which makes trading or just talking to people or closing conversations impossible.   

Atleast give us a freaking update and give us an idea of when those fixes will come.   Your trying to push the sacrifice out the door before tennocon but leaving the game in a horrible state until then??

• Like 1

On 2018-06-12 at 2:17 PM, (PS4)Ishimura_Elite said:

What a sneaky move confirming Umbra in the middle of this...

I still despise the UI, but I'm going to buy Umbra.

You win this round, DE... but I'm not giving up the war.

Lol what? Umbra was confirmed before they even thought of doin a UI change

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

We got temporary fixes within 24 hours....   its a week later....   no more fixes????  Alot of the stuff needs applied to all menus.   Some things are just broken and dont work like cursor+chat box.  I constantly lose the ability to click on stuff in there. which makes trading or just talking to people or closing conversations impossible.   

Atleast give us a freaking update and give us an idea of when those fixes will come.   Your trying to push the sacrifice out the door before tennocon but leaving the game in a horrible state until then??

I wholeheartedly echo this. Dead links in the chatbox. Can't click on peoples names. Sometimes i cant even change my loadout with L1/R1. Have to restart the game to problems. Oh and please give me a confirm window for the remove all mods button. So many build i have wiped away clean because i hit triangle in the wrong place.

I dont mind the new cursor and UI,  just want it completely functional like the old one.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Ishimura_Elite said:

It was confirmed but didn't have a release date. It was confirmed in the same sense that Crackdown 3 is confirmed in that it exists but will take a billion years to actually release.

Now you're changing the subject 

I don’t know if you guys are thinking about this but I would like to bring it up to you. For master Teasonai, ever since I started this game, he has always had the same stuff to give to people or to trade. Is there any way you can work to get new pets and colors out to Tenno like us through his character? Just a thought because I for one love to have various kinds of pets other than just two kinds such as the kavat and kuborow.

also it would be really cool/ life life to see more than two kinds of animals in the plains. You could also tie that idea in with new missions in the plains as well, like hunting down animals for the townsfolk.

Edited by (PS4)Wolfe-Hayashi7
Wanted to add a few other ideas forgot to mention.

I haven't played the game in 3 weeks, so I don't know what state the UI was in when it was released, so I fired it up this morning with a lot of trepidation, considering it's reception.

My overriding thought is "People are losing their S#&$ and leaving the game over this? damn."

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎18 at 2:47 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

DE come on its been a couple of days now and their are still probs we are asking for and option to use the cursor system or not seriously YOU NEED TO GET IT DONE NOW!

Software development doesn't happen at light speed. And yelling at them to get it done now doesn't actually speed anything up. They're working on it. It's going to take time. They made a mistake, which they admitted to. At this point, enjoy what you can and know that a fix is coming. But yelling on the boards isn't going to help. It's just more noise. 

I know this is irrelevant to the UI changes being discussed here but I have a question that I have been itching to ask.When will the option to transfer over account bound loot from one account to another be available? I recently got Warframe for PC since I moved over from the PS4 and I am loving this game all over again, but I'm kinda bummed out that my friends and hard earned[and paid I'll admit] progress is all but unreachable.This website itself and the DE account system is already a platform that user's in-game data can be linked to.Is such a change even on DE's to-do list, I really want to know.