Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does WHERE items were leveled correlate to skill?

14 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Nothing correlates to skill but skill itself.

If this was true we'd never have, neither on Warframe nor in real life, any real way to "measure" skill. For instance, typing is considered a skill for clerical positions. The way your typing skill is measured is called keys-per-second and in serious positions, your grammatical accuracy is accounted for and your kps is adjusted accordingly. Thus, how fast and accurately you type correlates to your typing skill.

Unfortunately, for Warframe, the community is having a difficult time of defining skill and expressing exactly what correlates to skill. My work-around is discussing experience, because in gaming sometimes how good you are at something comes down to physical prowess. This opens up a can of worms, because not everyone is born nor is capable of performing physically at the same level. Whether or not it can be called skill is yet another can of worms.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Unfortunately, for Warframe, the community is having a difficult time of defining skill and expressing exactly what correlates to skill. 

I think in part that is because no one system in Warframe really holds any significant meaning on it's own. Everything needs to be compared and contrasted against other systems to really glean anything meaningful. It doesn't help that MR is the system that has probably the most ease of access. Since it's essentially pinned to your account almost as prominently as your Name.

It's one of the traps I find new players falling into all the time because they expect their Warframe Level to mean something. The problem is that their Frame level alone doesn't really mean anything without Mods and the Mods don't really mean anything without Endo, etc, etc.

Which all kinda extends to MR which ultimately really ..... has no meaning on it's own.

Which doesn't stop some people from trying to prove they are right by tauting that their MR is higher so therefor they are somehow more right. Admittedly if DE removed or hid MR those people would probably just start /profiling people to find some other barely relevant stat that somehow embiggened their argument. Tho it isn't like that sort of behavior is limited to Warframe. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

I think in part that is because no one system in Warframe really holds any significant meaning on it's own. Everything needs to be compared and contrasted against other systems to really glean anything meaningful. It doesn't help that MR is the system that has probably the most ease of access. Since it's essentially pinned to your account almost as prominently as your Name.

It's one of the traps I find new players falling into all the time because they expect their Warframe Level to mean something. The problem is that their Frame level alone doesn't really mean anything without Mods and the Mods don't really mean anything without Endo, etc, etc.

Which all kinda extends to MR which ultimately really ..... has no meaning on it's own.

Which doesn't stop some people from trying to prove they are right by tauting that their MR is higher so therefor they are somehow more right. Admittedly if DE removed or hid MR those people would probably just start /profiling people to find some other barely relevant stat that somehow embiggened their argument. Tho it isn't like that sort of behavior is limited to Warframe. 

That's basically what it comes down to, there are ways to quantify skill in real life but that can be a little more difficult in game.

Take a look at Overwatch. Your level is a direct product of how much time you've been playing the game, you can't necessarily power level because of heavy limitations they've put on any sort of custom game exploit, and beyond that everyone has access to the same modes. So ultimately, if you've exceeded say 1000 levels, you've been playing a long time even if you've been playing nonstop.

And yet despite that players with these obscenely high levels will remain stuck in average skill tiers for years on end while players who have only had a couple months will be able to jump above them. It's simply inadequate to pass judgement of skill solely on a profile; the information is useful but not the end all be all.

Edited by Beartornado

i personally dont think where one levels their stuff can be used as a valid reason to asses their skill level. its all about how you go about leveling the stuff.  if you just sit there leeching, than you arent learning anything.  but if you fight alongside those who you are leveling with, than you have skill and are willing to learn the ropes.

as for where? i personally use gabii, i usually have affinity boosters running so the amount of xp i get there is insanely high and takes no more than 15-20 minutes to level one thing,  25-27 minutes if im equipped with multiple things at once.  (of course that second part is done best with a teammate utilizing a launcher type weapon as it helps feed xp to you easier)

8 hours ago, Oreades said:

What is the objective in capture tho? You just shoot something in the face really hard till it stops being a thing. Then you press X and run to the exit.

The only time that knowing the ins and outs of the objective sorta kinda comes into play are like Spy vaults and maybe Lua Rescue. Tho only because the whole of the rest of the game had taught people to play Rescue one way, then Lua Rescue throws you a developer curve ball.

And the Hema research was horrible..... 

You missed the point, there is the mission reward which is based on speed and then the content you get mid midmission which is based on effort, skiping resources over the course of 500 captures will have a cost.

You make an effort or you play more missions, the choice is up to each individual player

You are probably going to get like hundreds of people saying Mastery doesn't equal skill.

And I'm here to tell you, at MR23...they are so right 😂.

My thanks to all the MR 9-15 that usually revives me when I forget what loadout I'm using and get myself served by enemies, or the occasional self damage ko. /humble bow