Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map nuking. Is it really necessary? (minor rant inc)

Uskradetat

12 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Then don't force yourself to over grind.

I don’t. Most of the grind is fine. It’s the times when you have to run the mission many times (60 repeats is around my longest). No matter how you try and justify it, doing the exact same mission over and over again does get boring. Coming back a week later does not change that. Being able to kill things faster means some missions take less time, sure killing every single enemy on the map at a push of a button is too much. 

I have not bothered to farm much much of the new stuff. Simply because I see no point. The reward is just not worth the grind (that’s a different story though). If I could speed it up a bit (EOS and the vandals for example) I might be more inclined to do it.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I don’t. Most of the grind is fine. It’s the times when you have to run the mission many times (60 repeats is around my longest). No matter how you try and justify it, doing the exact same mission over and over again does get boring. Coming back a week later does not change that. Being able to kill things faster means some missions take less time, sure killing every single enemy on the map at a push of a button is too much. 

I have not bothered to farm much much of the new stuff. Simply because I see no point. The reward is just not worth the grind (that’s a different story though). If I could speed it up a bit (EOS and the vandals for example) I might be more inclined to do it.

Oh definitely. Running the same mission 60 times is generally painful, but it really comes down to individual preference etc as to what alleviates that.

I see both sides of the issue. Its just that generally (obviously you aren't included in this) the most vocal complaints are made by that weird section of the community that clearly has a secret love of grind and are in denial about it.

Ive seen some crazy things here in my time and there are plenty of players out there that the concept of "well don't power grind then" is so alien and ridiculous they'll personally take offence that you suggested such a thing. Mean while they do nothing to alleviate it by mixing up what they grind for, what they play etc. If people won't help themselves then there is really little anyone can do.

In regards to OP: luckily for me I've not had to much of an issue with over nuking. People tend to read the group dynamic and if I bring a banshee or saryn and don't spam nukes, often the rest of the team will tone it down if they notice not everyone is doing the same, when the comp has typical nuky frames. It's a weird kind of environment and grind to navigate. I just try and be nice about it and accommodating when I haven't just had five games in a row of nuking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-25 at 9:08 PM, Uthael said:

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but afaik, freshly spawned enemies don't give affinity if they die withing 5 seconds of spawning. No matter how you kill them. Map nuking being the reason. It's probably un-nerfed in Sanctuary, but I'm not sure.

Enemies give you experience no matter what happens. You kill them, you get exp.

On 2018-07-26 at 5:36 AM, (XB1)Zweimander said:

For content like Sanctuary Onslaught yes it is necessary so yes. You try to hit round 8 of Elite Onslaught without any Map nukers or Sayrn. I can promise you it wont be fun. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

To put it simply yes it is. Because ESO exists and you cant make it far easily without it.

Assuming rotation C is "far", because nobody ever bothers to go further than wave 8;
"Far" and "easily" shouldn't go together. Not to mention that E stands for Elite.

Nothing elite about it. The defense mission event we had recently was harder than ESO. And that was still easy mode for elite players.

So, if it's necessary only because of ESO, away with it!
It's too easy as it is. Not fun at all.

Edited by Uthael

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Assuming rotation C is "far", because nobody ever bothers to go further than wave 8;
"Far" and "easily" shouldn't go together. Not to mention that E stands for Elite.

Nothing elite about it. The defense mission event we had recently was harder than ESO. And that was still easy mode for elite players.

Yeah, Inaros + Radiation Amprex = Easy win.

6 hours ago, Uthael said:

Depends on the player. Most people will dip out on a defense mission at wave 5 or 10 then repeat. I prefer skipping the loading screens and just pushing as far as I can go.
(Like everyone on the leaderboards for Eso)

You might have more fun if you stay longer then the average person (If you can that is.)