Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I'm having a couple of bugs. One, with Sacrifice: return to Earth, I killed all of the sentients around Ballas, then Excalibur umbra puts his weapon away and I can't do anything other than move around (I've reset the mission several times with the same results).

The second bug happened when I noticed that Exalibur Umbra wasn't equipped on my default slot. I was able to remove Umbra from my slot with another frame, but once I equipped Umbra I wasn't able to exit from the arsenal menu (which means that I can't equip Umbra to complete the mission).

1 minute ago, Wulfwyn said:

I'm having a couple of bugs. One, with Sacrifice: return to Earth, I killed all of the sentients around Ballas, then Excalibur umbra puts his weapon away and I can't do anything other than move around (I've reset the mission several times with the same results).

The second bug happened when I noticed that Exalibur Umbra wasn't equipped on my default slot. I was able to remove Umbra from my slot with another frame, but once I equipped Umbra I wasn't able to exit from the arsenal menu (which means that I can't equip Umbra to complete the mission).

So for that second part a work around is to get locked on switching back to Umbra then getting a friend to load you into a mission on return to ship you'll have Umbra equipped again

So, I've attempted several of the fixes in this thread for the ballas fight(unequip all non-umbra mods and weapons, use the operator for the final killing blow, restarting the game itself) and to no avail. Not really sure what to do now

Edited by theracody

During the quest Sacrifice the mission where you must return to earth and confront ballas my game wont load the next the part after the task "defeat the Senteints" I've attempted to abort and load 3 times and it happens every time, also restarted the same game to find the same issue. 

stuck during pursue umbra mission

find umbra -> killed mimics -> find umbra again -> used void attacks -> used transference -> cutscene finished -> stucked at here with "use transference on umbra", unable to press esc to abort mission and umbra posing

screenshot of umbra just posing after cutscene:

1_zpsv1vcweyp.png

Edited by Desc3nd
added spoiler

Haven't checked to see if this is already reported, but figured I should report it.

Entering into the arsenal with Umbra after acquiring him but before facing Ballas, I am locked in the arsenal screen. Specifically, I was locked in the arsenal after attempting to install mods on him. After attempting to switch frames, I am now locked in the arsenal as soon as I select Umbra.

Tried all the methods for confronting Ballas after killing all the sentients. (kill last one with operator, unequip non umbra equips / mods) Happy to report Ballas and I area awkwardly still staring at each other.

Cant trigger the cutscene in the Confront Ballas quest. After the waves of sentient, nothing happens. I tried the solution to remove any mods and armors i have put on umbra but..it just stays stuck. Have to abort each time.

after the quest, i noticed umbra's weapon was not in my inventory. i thought it was a UI update that made a weapon not appear in the arsenal inventory when I have it equipped. I tested that theory and was wrong. the new weapon is now gone. same problem with umbra but i didn't test it on him so i still have him.

EDIT: i restarted my game no new hotfix downloaded but warframe and weapon are in my inventory

Edited by CosmicWarfighter
problem fixed

15 minutes ago, Lugia said:

So if you can get a friend to load you into a mission while locked after switching back after your back in orbiter you can freely use umbra again

It worked! Many thanks.

Edited by Kifinosi

THIS WORKED FOR ME

On the last sentient toggle your 4 off and then switch to operator to kill!!!!

I just unequipped non-umbra weapons (including sentinel)

umbra-weapons are modded with the included umbra mods.

BUMP SO PEOPLE CAN SEE!!!!

Edited by Tennyy
clarification

I'm getting stuck in the Arsenal. If I go to the arsenal it loads forever. I can access all other systems of the ship it seems.

Something similar happened before the sacriface update, but I could press the load hotkey and changing loads allowed me to "unstuck" the arsenal. Now I cannot even do that.

9 minutes ago, Desc3nd said:

stuck during pursue umbra mission

find umbra -> killed mimics -> find umbra again -> used void attacks -> used transference -> cutscene finished -> stucked at here with "use transference on umbra", unable to press esc to abort mission and umbra posing

screenshot of umbra just posing after cutscene:

1_zpsv1vcweyp.png

thats the one i've got too. nothing seems to fix it.

I too got the bug where after one of the missions I ended up in the Umbra frame in my lander before I was supposed to be there.   I then thought, cool - went in and modded everything up and changed the colors and the like, then decided I wanted an Umbra Loadout, so I switched loadouts, and couldn't select Umbra in the new loadout.   I realized I wasn't supposed to have it yet, and just laughed and moved on.

It's not clear to me whether the mods I added to pump up Umbra's shields were in effect when I had to fight Umbra in the next two missions with my Operator -- he seemed to have a lot more shields (and thus this was WAY more difficult) than when I fought him the first time - I wasn't laughing anymore as I kept having to whittle down those shields one tiny bit at a time.

For people who are stuck at the burning tree with Ballas:
I used exalted blade to kill them which then got me bugged. I left and went back in and just used a gun instead and it worked. I don't know if using Exalted Blade is what causes it, just letting people know how I got passed the bug.

Also, I didn't receive the animations despite getting the inbox message.

Edit: I modded Umbra and the weapon too.

Edited by Yukira

While confronting Ballas, after clearing a wave mobs stopped spawning and my abilities and weapons got disabled. I feel like it should be a cut scene or dialog that just wont start.

Tried a second time and got the same bug. Seems I can't finish this quest for now.

As Yukira said: not using the exalted blade worked. I don't know if it's using it, having it active when you kill all the mobs or killing everything too fast that is responsible.

Edited by NITR055

THIS WORKED FOR ME

On the last sentient toggle your 4 off and then switch to operator to kill!!!!

I just unequipped non-umbra weapons (including sentinel)

umbra-weapons are modded with the included umbra mods.

BUMP SO PEOPLE CAN SEE!!!!