Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

When Ballas is burning the tree nothing happens.

We talk he says "then you'll both burn" and I fight the sentients and blam.  Nothing after that.  I can just run around without being able to use my weapons or abilities but  I can't leave or progress the mission in any way.

I've been able to reproduce it 12 times now.  Every time I do this mission it happens.  Abort, try again and again nothing.

Operator is smirking in the communique portrait as he approaches and addresses Ballas on Earth, conflicts with the dialogue.
Liset flies towards what appears to be Saturn in the same mission as above.
Nothing happens after killing Ballas's sentients unless you are controlling your Operator when the last one dies. If you're still in Umbra, your powers are toggled off and the mission doesn't progress - Ballas keeps standing there. You can't use powers or swap to Operator at this point.
Transferred out of Umbra for a few seconds at the start of a Kuva Flood on Venus, transferred back in, suddenly I was several tiles forward, below the cliff that the Kuva Siphon was sitting on. I was in a 90 degree hallway with stairs at either and and a closet in the middle, transferring either around or on the first set of stairs. At least one teammate was already near the Siphon.
I was about to fuse an Exilus Adapter to Umbra, but clicked cancel. Had a loading screen as if I'd hit yes but it never finished, had to close the program.

Repeating for visibility since many people are stuck: FINISH THE FIGHT AGAINST BALLAS'S SENTIENTS AT THE TREE AS YOUR OPERATOR, NOT AS YOUR FRAME. IT ONLY GETS STUCK IF YOU'RE STILL IN YOUR FRAME AT THE END.

Edited by Pfysicyst

During the part of the quest where I confront Ballas, I defeat all of the sentients in the area, but nothing happens from there on, I've walked up to Ballas, explored the area until I've covered each part of the area atleast 5 times, and even jumped off the ledge in the back a few times. Is there something I need to do? I've even restarted Warframe 2 times, but it's the same whenever I get to that point.

On the mission where you confront Ballas after attaining the Umbra Warframe, after the Sentients are spawned and sent after you, Ballas does nothing. The objective is gone and nothing happens. I cannot use my operator, abilities, or gear, and I've tried everything. I tried going in with my weapons and whatnot the first time: didn't work. The second time I tried to go without my weapons: didn't work. Finally, I tried over and over with only the Umbra frame, sword, and exalted blade, and only the mods they came with by default. I restarted Warframe between a few attempts and then restarted my PC entirely some time later. No avail regardless. I have no idea what may be causing the issue.

Whenever I try to equip Umbra, my game crashes. I just finished building him.

Since I cant continue the quest I thought I'd check out the new stuff in Cetus. My game crashes there too, since I'm guessing it has something to do with Umbra.

Is there something I'm doing wrong/ something I can do to fix this?

Seems multiple people have the problem where once Umbra is acquired, if you for any reason you switch off umbra, you can put umbra back on, BUT then the whole UI bugs and you cant click on anything. You can't back out of the arsenal to do anything, after a relaunch I'm back on the frame i had before I claimed Umbra (base excal in my case). The problem repeats and you cant play anymore of the quest if you don't have Umbra equipped, so, impasse.

after getting umbra i went and put mods on him, but after i finished modding i swapped back to my normal Excalibur to check if my build was correct, after confirming it was correct i swapped back to umbra and my load out bugged, i couldn't exit the load out menu or click on anything except the change load out button but it was bugged for all my load outs by that point.

Incredibly common is the Ballas Bug. For the sake of everyone, most people find solutions to this problem in 4 ways.

1. Killing every Sentient on the way there

2. There are Mimic rocks that fail to spawn Mimics, make sure those are dead before cleaning off the rest.

3. Fighting them in Operator Mode.

4. Turning off Exalted Blade before the last Sentient is killed.

2 hours ago, Lugia said:

So when I got to the point after calming the beast and being able to equip it i tried to switch loudouts because it defaulted back to my main frame loadout so i went back to default and equipped umbra then when i exited the mod screen after switching to regular excal to check my build on him then jumping back to umbra I get locked the moment i switch to umbra meaning nothing in arsenal works

But i can switch between loadout slots

Im experiencing this issue as well. Cant fix it by exiting the game because when i log back in im still not umbra, and the next step in the quest requires me to equip umbra, so cant finish quest

6 minutes ago, gulmari said:

When Ballas is burning the tree nothing happens.

We talk he says "then you'll both burn" and I fight the sentients and blam.  Nothing after that.  I can just run around without being able to use my weapons or abilities but  I can't leave or progress the mission in any way.

I've been able to reproduce it 12 times now.  Every time I do this mission it happens.  Abort, try again and again nothing.

Before killing all the sentient , hit all the stones theres sentient inside that wont come out :v and fight in operator mode

Edited by 4Seconds

This! A million times! Oh god I am so upset right now! 

32 minutes ago, zephyr_infinity said:

equipping another frame and then reequipping Xcal umbra before going to face balas bugs out my UI I can no longer changes frames or weapons and I can no longer exit the arsenal :c when I alt f4 and reset I no longer have Umbra equipped I cannot proceed with the quest 

Edited by Vitrescence

When you get the finisher invisible proc with excalibur umbra's nikana, upon getting knocked down or otherwise de-cloaked, your audio stays muffled, somewhat akin to how it sounds while loki is invisible.

My exalted blade as Umbra was turned off and boom I'm stuck here doing nothing and I have to abort.

Literally cannot shoot or change weapons or go into operator or anything.unknown.png

EDIT: Explained things more clearly, and provided a correct screenshot.

Edited by sare-

25 minutes ago, Chippawaffen said:

I just got the burning tree part to work! 

I tired it 3 times and finally got it to work

take off any attachments and Cosmetics

During the fight I used the operator the whole time, but I also went to the entrance before it you finish the fight and bam it worked

I ASSUME there is a trigger at the closed entrance that doesn't work when you kill everything, but the music plays.

This worked for me. I believe the intention that we're supposed to listen when our operator says "Both" is pretty clever. But to be more clear for others having issues: I did not remove any attachments/cosmetics. I did not stay by the collapsed entrance. I just used my operator and allowed Umbra to do his thing

2 minutes ago, 4Seconds said:

Before killing all the sentient , hit all the stones theres sentient inside that wont come out :v and fight in operator mode

That's not the problem.  All of the sentients are dead.  The game then prevents you from using abilities/weapons/operator and nothing happens.  You can roam around that final area all you want but it will never progress.

So I am on the last mission. I just killed all the sentients that Ballas summoned after setting the tree on fire. I walked up to him and nothing. I aborted and tried again. same result. I am restarting warframe in hopes it will let me. I will post an update if it lets me.

Edit: AKA what gulmari is having.

Edited by Sylversin

Three of the same bug in a row! Woo! So, I transfered into umbra enough times to finally get to the fight against ballas, he sends a few waves of sentients after me, I kill them... and now I'm just chilling with my dog with nothing to do. He's just standing there. Menacingly! As a side note, I never once transfered out of umbra during this mission or even entered the arsenal between this mission and the last. I beat the sentients by spamming my 2 and 4

dLyzl0S.png

Edited by (XB1)slitherese

I change to regular excal before l do the final mission to see the difference then when l'm gonna reequip umbra l stuck in arsenal and now I cant exit my arsenal. I tried to restart the game and my PC but it didn't work... Please help DE thank you

In the fight with Ballas on Earth, there is a bug where if you are actively using Umbra's Exalted Blade after killing all of the sentients, then the mission will freeze and the cutscene won't begin, forcing you to restart the mission. Deactivating my abilities was able to prevent this, so I'd assume that any toggled ability might be the cause.