Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us reskin exalted weapons.

lukinu_u

With the recent changes to exalted weapons (being modded and custom separately), I think it's the right time to allow Tennogen artists to create exalted weapons skins, or maybe just let us use the fitting the weapon category skin on exalted (so exalted blade can use sword skins, artemis bow can use bow skins, etc...)

On 2018-06-15 at 7:34 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Eh. Given how Exalted weapons are physical now, there is no need for a separate Exalted weapon tennogen skin category. We should just be allowed to use existing Tennogen skins on Exalted weapons.

How would that work exactly with the Iron Staff post-extension?

As far as weapon models go, there's nothing else that comes to close to behaving the same way. I could only see one of two things happening if existing Tennogen skins were allowed.

1) Model stretches and looks ridiculous.

2) Model doesn't stretch at all and therefore doesn't give any indication of the weapons length and thus looks ridiculous.

I'd love for Unique weapons to receive skins, however I think given their gimmicks that it's unlikely to happen. Regardless, I would buy any for the Staff.

54 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

How would that work exactly with the Iron Staff post-extension?

As far as weapon models go, there's nothing else that comes to close to behaving the same way. I could only see one of two things happening if existing Tennogen skins were allowed.

1) Model stretches and looks ridiculous.

2) Model doesn't stretch at all and therefore doesn't give any indication of the weapons length and thus looks ridiculous.

I'd love for Unique weapons to receive skins, however I think given their gimmicks that it's unlikely to happen. Regardless, I would buy any for the Staff.

Yeah, that's a good point. And we also have to consider non-melee exalted weapons. It's probably best that they stay the way they are, for now.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n