Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral Forma in the Future: Yes/No?

Traumtulpe

I would very much appreciate a statement from DE whether it will be possible to add the umbra polarity to regular frames in the future.

Why is this important? I would like to use a lot of forma to fit the new mods on some warframes - if it turns out I destroyed my regular builds and wasted tons of forma (and time) for no reason, when umbral forma get introduced to the game, my disappointment would be immense.

Thanks in advance (and great update by the way).

I would like it if you could just choose to put an Umbra Polarity on a Warframe with regular Forma. Please don't give DE any ideas about a special "Umbra Forma" please. That would bring... dark times.

Edited by (PS4)Zenizux

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Umbra forma, only if normal forma don't allow Umbra Polarities.

They don't.

The point is: Should I destroy my builds and forma every single other slot to fit the new mods or just wait until we get umbral forma?

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

They don't.

The point is: Should I destroy my builds and forma every single other slot to fit the new mods or just wait until we get umbral forma?

I meant in my reply that if DE does not update normal formas to allow Umbra Polarities, then we can consider a forma umbra.

TBH, no need to destroy the builds. Just leave the mods off first and maybe slot one if you like.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

They don't.

wait it out, too few people will use these mods without specific polarities, it just isn't practical

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

TBH, no need to destroy the builds. Just leave the mods off first and maybe slot one if you like.

The point of them is to use all 3 and get ridiculously high bonuses at a very steep cost...

2 minutes ago, wolf96781 said:

wait it out, too few people will use these mods without specific polarities, it just isn't practical

It absolutely is practical. I could change one of my build to lose a few percentage of range and duration in exchange for some strength and massive armor/health.

Edited by Traumtulpe

The point of them is to use all 3 and get ridiculously high bonuses at a very steep cost...

You probably don't need the ridiculously high bonus right now yet.

I remember DE did say not every frame will get an Umbra, so it is likely there will be a way to slot those mods in.

I would really prefer a simple yes or no from DE over baseless speculation.

You would be better off patiently waiting for the next Devstream in that case. Putting the thread in the General Section means it's unlikely anyone from DE will take notice.

I was thinking something along these lines. Also there's this support reply that a clan mate got:

"Hey there,

This is not a bug, it is intended for Umbra mods are more powerful, but only become most effective while on Umbra himself. So no, there are no plans to add Umbra-Polarity availability on other frames. Hope This was helpful.

DEJames"

10 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

That is helpful. Thank you.

I am assuming that I wasn't lied to with that (not that I would doubt my source but it's good to be skeptical sometimes). However if anyone else is willing to go through the trouble of contacting support tell me if you get the same reply or not.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I tried it, I suggest you wait for "umbral forma" cos fitting builds is not easy

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I would very much appreciate a statement from DE whether it will be possible to add the umbra polarity to regular frames in the future.

Why is this important? I would like to use a lot of forma to fit the new mods on some warframes - if it turns out I destroyed my regular builds and wasted tons of forma (and time) for no reason, when umbral forma get introduced to the game, my disappointment would be immense.

Thanks in advance (and great update by the way).

Probably not. This seems to have been done to move away from prime warframes to a new line-up of Umbra Accesses. Which requires a way to make Umbra more relevant than Prime.
 Congratulations, I suppose...?

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo