Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] future of amps

LAWD

So doing the whole Sacrifice quest, i realized quickly how bad of a better amp i needed. I died like twenty times but thats besides the point.

The problem i have is that Operator amps are heavily tied to PoE, from mining to fishing. Its definitely a choice to do that, but we have no other way of actually getting a better amp.

I implore that DE looks into alternatives for amps, maybe with the way the story is going, if or when we do get to the Tau system, in one of those sentient outposts, do we get community spot, were there's a craftsman for Amps. Looking at the current amp design, I'd say it's pretty Sentient looking, like an Eidolon, so its safe to assume what they're made out of.

And perhaps, farming there wouldn't be like PoE, more action and tactics.

5 minutes ago, LAWD said:

So doing the whole Sacrifice quest, i realized quickly how bad of a better amp i needed. I died like twenty times but thats besides the point.

The problem i have is that Operator amps are heavily tied to PoE, from mining to fishing. Its definitely a choice to do that, but we have no other way of actually getting a better amp.

I implore that DE looks into alternatives for amps, maybe with the way the story is going, if or when we do get to the Tau system, in one of those sentient outposts, do we get community spot, were there's a craftsman for Amps. Looking at the current amp design, I'd say it's pretty Sentient looking, like an Eidolon, so its safe to assume what they're made out of.

And perhaps, farming there wouldn't be like PoE, more action and tactics.

Can you not do PoE on your comp?

They did accidentally preview some new Amp parts so they're probably looking to expand on them. We'll probably see more and more amp parts as the game progresses and they might be tied to different vendors. I'm sure we'll see more news on this when that Venus location hits. 

Spoiler

hj3NBrs.jpg

Personally though, I'm hoping they're planning to expand amps beyond sticking 3 parts together with an Arcane. Amps could very well be a new start for some level of mod style customization where they don't have to be bogged down by the existence of mandatory mods like Damage and Multishot.

Just now, LAWD said:

I can, but it gets sort of laggy its worse when theres a bunch of enemeies around in load times. and 

I think they should have said that about PoE and I agree with you because of that predicament. I don’t think they can really make a new place unless it is equal in grinding for amps. Many players spent DAYS farming for these things (the grind sucked without resource boosters).

6 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

I think they should have said that about PoE and I agree with you because of that predicament. I don’t think they can really make a new place unless it is equal in grinding for amps. Many players spent DAYS farming for these things (the grind sucked without resource boosters).

Exactly, if they could do it through Lua, a new farming game mod, cause really even after the quest we have had nothing else BUT it feels like i do need to upgrade y amp after that. so they could emphasize on that

Just now, LAWD said:

Exactly, if they could do it through Lua, a new farming game mod, cause really even after the quest we have had nothing else BUT it feels like i do need to upgrade y amp after that. so they could emphasize on that

Think of a grind equal to amp crafting outside of PoE.

Just now, Vladimir said:

Think of a grind equal to amp crafting outside of PoE.

IMO, the most timing consuming sections is getting the standing to be able to do all those things in the first place. What was the biggest progression stopper to getting an amp quickly is unlocking the required standing to be able to purchase the blueprint from the Quills on top of standing with the Ostrons to be able to buy the fishing and mining tools to gather the resources.

If they made Amp sources outside of PoE, as long as you have access to getting them, they would not be particularly difficult to make unless they put rare resources that are required in large quantities behind a 20 minute game mode like ESO. Even then, your progression is not tied to a daily standing limit to be able to even get the chance to get the required items so you would at least be able to make some progress without waiting around for nothing. DE would have to intentionally design it to be extremely frustrating to get if they wanted to make it equal to PoE's resource system.

Overall, it's more likely to be a better system than what we have now.

Honestly I don't think it was the Amp as much as that fight was pretty cheese. 

I mean Umbra both

Spoiler

Pulls you out of the void if you try to hide and regularly stunlocks you until dead.

I watched someone stream the fight with a Mote amp and they did just about as well as I did with an custom gilded amp that I regularly use to take down Eidolons....