Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FORMA HELL

OP you take yourself too seriously, adding forma is part of playing the game but just make sure you're doing something else useful at the same time. I already did my exalted weapons and I went to Elite sanctuary and maxed out my daily focus while I did it. 2 birds 1 stone, no problem. And now, I have a lot more freedom to equip other weapons on my frames without worrying about the damage that's missing due to not using a weapon specifically optimisedto my exalted aility, for exampleI could take a weapon to strip armour instead on the few occasions I'm not playing with my clan and using 4xCP.

53 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

So, for a very small percentage of min/max high level players..the two "-" are a hindrance. 

This is the root of the issue OP is having.  He's trying to min/max.  

55 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

To nearly everyone else..those slots are very valuable in their polarity since it allows you to add raw elemental damage at a cheap price

This is how almost everyone else is seeing it.  And why no one outside of min/maxers are finding an issue. 

I myself only needed to add one forma to Artemis bow to have the build I want.  Two would have been needed if I wanted to add another - if I was going to use two 90% mods instead of two 60/60.  

TL:DR version; OP is really the cause of his own problem because of wanting to min/max unnecessarily.  I say unnecessarily because not only is it not needed, but doing so would lock him into a specific build without any flexibility should the need to change come up later.  

11 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

TL:DR version; OP is really the cause of his own problem because of wanting to min/max unnecessarily.  I say unnecessarily because not only is it not needed, but doing so would lock him into a specific build without any flexibility should the need to change come up later.  

I'm a min maxer BUT I base things on bring optimal to my team so since we always face enemies with zero armour the polarities weren't a problem, they would only be an issue for solo playing min maxers.

Just now, Zilchy said:

I'm a min maxer BUT I base things on bring optimal to my team so since we always face enemies with zero armour the polarities weren't a problem, they would only be an issue for solo playing min maxers.

Thank you for giving more context.  This makes the whole thing even more "interesting".  I say that because I mostly solo.  While I do optimize my builds, I try my best not to lock myself into a specific build in order to keep flexibility.  

I've found that using too much forma on a build usually forces you to have to forma again should DE make changes.  Which is something that the DE is known to do.  😀 

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Thank you for giving more context.  This makes the whole thing even more "interesting".  I say that because I mostly solo.  While I do optimize my builds, I try my best not to lock myself into a specific build in order to keep flexibility.  

I've found that using too much forma on a build usually forces you to have to forma again should DE make changes.  Which is something that the DE is known to do.  😀 

Yeh I agree entirely on not using too many if possible. If I have to reforma something an extra time then so be it, basically I'll tailor make a frame to a current team play need since most solo content is ridiculously easy anyway. Assuming you're in an organised team you have 4 corrosive projection at all times and therefore you can just put in whatever damage and utility mods that are required to complete the mission in the most efficient and optimal way possible, be it farming, endurance runs for leaderboard etc

Edited by Zilchy

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't have to forma anything. Sure, you can make them even more powerful by spending formas on them, but you don't have to. They work just fine without formas. I've been playing this game since April 2014 and I only forma'd like 2 Frames. And guess what - I don't have any problems. My Mesa has 1 Forma, her exalted weapon has none at all. No problem on my end.

The only reason you could possibly have to be "forced" to forma your stuff is if you're a tryhard who just needs to play level 200+ missions because obviously the amount of kills you get in this game is the only way to prove your skill to people who will forget about you just 2 minutes after you leave the squad.

And after reading some of your comments, I can't help but think exactly that. But then again, doesn't matter, you're probably already writing a salty comment, telling me how much of an idiot I am before you even bothered reading my whole comment.

I'm just saying - maybe you should try to actually have some fun in the game, instead of forcing yourself to always deal the most damage possible.

Heck, why am I even trying.

2 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

Can any of you guys tell me a good reason forma must take 24hrs to build and the benefit of releveling a weapon after each forma?

braindead sadists -_-

Simple.  It's a time sink.  One with the goal to force you to either spend time or money to make yourself more powerful.  Money to skip the wait.  This is one of the ways DE makes money while offering a free to play game.  

16 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

Wouldn't DE make much more money if they were to  take out the level reset?  

1 minute ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

If DE plans to keep players in the game by forcing them to spend absurd amounts of time and platinum on weapons then its not surprising why this game is not noob friendly and another reason why veterans are leaving 

The level reset is only a problem if you are low MR.  The higher your MR, the more mods you can equip at rank 0.  I highly doubt any veterans are leaving because of that.  

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Console friend here. Haven't gotten the update yet. Just one question: Are the upgrades universal? If i invested in their normal counterpart does it carry over to their prime? If not, that's straight bull****.

Each exalted is unique to it's frame.  Upgrading Artemis on Ivara will not make all other Artemis upgraded also.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

The level reset is only a problem if you are low MR.  The higher your MR, the more mods you can equip at rank 0.  I highly doubt any veterans are leaving because of that.  

yeah thanks for pointing out its a problem for newbs. but nontheless, if DE thinks forma is endgame then it is seriously running out of petty methods to keep players

Just now, Megalomaniac_101 said:

yeah thanks for pointing out its a problem for newbs. but nontheless, if DE thinks forma is endgame then it is seriously running out of petty methods to keep players

First, If you are new, then forma'ing anything shouldn't be a priority.  Unlocking the Star chart should be a priority.  

Second, why wouldn't you want to get higher MR in the first place especially if you're new.  It benefits the player to at least get to mr 7 or 10 with just natural progression.

If doing any of that is troublesome, then the game never really interested you in the first place.   No need to complain as you can just move on to something else that does interest you. 

Remember that this game is nothing more than a form of entertainment.  Once it stops being that, then just leave it.  It's really that simple.  

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

So it actually is a gigantic waste of forma on any non-primes. Huh. Well guess theres no reason to switch frames anymore. 

This has always been the case between regular frames and primes.  So nothing new. 

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

This has always been the case between regular frames and primes.  So nothing new. 

They've tossed a few polarities in to lighten the burden though. And if it was universal per frame type then it'd be player investment that doesn't go completely to waste.

Are they going back on their word about player investment? If they are I'd  like to see their Damage 3.0 plans. 

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Remember that this game is nothing more than a form of entertainment.  Once it stops being that, then just leave it.  It's really that simple. 

So forma grind is a form of entertainment? Of course players will leave -_-

Ever since rivens were made i had to pour extra timeandmoney in just adding the riven and its essential mods, for the sake of making a single weapon viable. I had just spent 7 days worth of crafted forma and hours in exp farms just to use my aklex riven.

I know its an absurd point but

d warframe has over a 200+ items to level and forma. Properly making each build optimal will take me to the end of time to do not to mention the cost. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. 

I just still dont get why DE has to lock something so essential to the game behind the build time and the level reset

Edited by Megalomaniac_101
grammarha

Although forma is not a problem for me and I hope they add more forma hells in this game cause I believe this is a game about grinding and it is fun when I have things to do and organize. That amount is not even that much tbh when you can buy the bundle for 35p even on PS4 seller’s hell where everything seems to be half the price of PC trade chat. 

But that aside, I think this game in general is very hostile towards people who do not have time to grind but willing to pay rm to skip. Normal platinum price is kinda ... ridiculous and Prime access is starting at a price you can buy a AAA game:gold edition instead. 

I think at this point price or the time to get forma could use a little nerf given how much gears we have by now and how often they nerf this nerf that. I think a good solution to this would be much more frequent twitch drops happening so that we get built formas from watching streams like every 1-2 days and DE get the free marketing, streamers gain more followers. Makes everybody happy. It feels good when 3x more people watching WF than “that” game where you still can’t dismantle color shaders lol. Time to fix Darvo deal is close, please do tell you’re not serious with that ridiculous Darvo price DE. People wants to pay you trust me, a fffff ton of money if it wasn’t so full of question marks.

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

3 hours ago, G4antz said:

i consideer this as a troll answer that has no meaning in pointing out nothing... its like "if you go to war and dont wanna fight... just suicide, so they wont kill you and you wont kill anyone"

Don't forget its that stupid response that people use for lootboxes too.....

I swear every time I listen to that phrase I cringe to my core

2 minutes ago, DeathMavrik said:

Don't forget its that stupid response that people use for lootboxes too.....

I swear every time I listen to that phrase I cringe to my core

agreed.
This forum is filled with people who have no other jobs but be the devil's advocate and try to point out facts against any comment just to be that cool guy who knows more, Does not matter how impractical the fact they present is in execution. These guys will find a way to poke their nose on every section.