Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank test and having to wait

SirMrBond

I understand the Goal to prevent people from powerleveling and getting multiple levels in one day. The current system of having to wait for 24 hours to retake a test is stupid, and slows down the gameplay to a snail's pace. I understand a mastery rank test, thats fine, but waiting 24 hours to retake the test, is outright pointless, and just aggravates the player. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SirMrBond said:

I understand the Goal to prevent people from powerleveling and getting multiple levels in one day. The current system of having to wait for 24 hours to retake a test is stupid, and slows down the gameplay to a snail's pace. I understand a mastery rank test, thats fine, but waiting 24 hours to retake the test, is outright pointless, and just aggravates the player. 

You can practice the tests in Simaris's room in the Relays as many times as you need to before taking it for real.

As if waiting for warframes for a full 72-96 hours isn't bad enough? The entire game is pay-to-skip-timegating.

Besides, as mentioned by CanoLathra, you can practice the test infinitely until you can consistently complete them without failing due to your own incompetence (which I assume is the issue). Failing a test is inexcusable when DE grants us that much practice, ESPECIALLY when there are a ton of videos on how to cheese/abuse mechanics to complete the challenges themselves on YouTube and the wiki.

Essentially all this post has amounted to is you whining cause you're bad. Git gud kiddo

This mechanic is there for the reason you stated, yes, but it also gives the MR test more 'weight' and adds a real element of 'risk' and even the good type of stress to the test. They all generally test and force you to develop skills that are very important to get under your belt as you advance through the starchart and into endgame. Or at least, that's their intention. 

Practice, practice, and practice, until you can perform the practice flawless 3 times in a row, then jump immediately into the actual MR test, while you're 'in the zone'. 

1 hour ago, SirMrBond said:

slows down the gameplay to a snail's pace

By the way... why? You can keep playing at the same pace. Maybe you have to wait for 24 hours to craft a certain MR-locked weapon, but I can't believe you have nothing else to craft and to try and to do.

Also, as everyone else has said, practice at Simaris' and you'll always succeed at the first attempt.

I understand your frustration. I've practiced every test even those I was pretty sure were easy. So I haven't failed one yet. Because if I do, I know myself, I'll go banana-berserk! Better lose a few hours practicing than lose a day waiting.

That being said, there's only 25 mastery ranks so far. So if you rush them, you'll end up with nothing to look forward to. I admit, I didn't believe that myself until I reached MR 20. Now I kind of apprehend getting there... No more gathering resources... No more getting blueprints... No more farming frame parts...

Edited by tprx

practice at simaris until you can pass.

Then pass the test the first time.  In theory this means you can be MR 25 in your first month of play.  Wouldn't hold my breath on doing that though, not unless you're very very rich.

This is one of those things OP, that everyone that has done it realizes what the point is and nobody has any sympathy if you rage about it... like getting kicked from chat.  Literally it's a you thing.

Almost all tests can be cheesed overtly if your load out is correct, so there's really no excuse not to pass it after you practice a couple times.