Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Statis

SoLonelyWolfie

Hello Warframe Community,

I'd like you to share my little experience with our beloved Limbo, called aka Bimbo. As many of you might know or maybe not, Limbo's statis has been changed on release of Sacrifice Update. There were two changes, one minor and one major. Minor change was decreasing ability duration by 50%, which I don't mind at all considering that statis has a great crowd control and probably the best in the whole game, but what really disturbs me is the major change to statis that is completly remove bullet stop on it. I know it's been changed on purpose, because of such hate on unexperienced limbo players or the trolling ones, but dear Digital Extremes, You probably didn't think about how it might kill complete feeling of the frame. 

What I'm trying to tell is that You could revive this feeling by adding option for Limbo to choose between stopping bullets on statis only for himself or not doing that at all. I'd like to see that feature in game for Limbo, because many of Limbo players like myself play this frame mostly for fun and by taking away bullet stop, you took most of the fun that limbo brought to the game. In my mind it looks like Vauban's Minelayer cycling between Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred or Concuss, where you can cycle between Bullet Stop or Bullet Free on statis for yourself, while allies will always be free to shoot in rift without fear that their bullets will be stopped by statis.

Post your opinion about my suggestion below. Constructive opinions are welcome.

-SoLonelyWolfie

Yeah, they should put the bullet stop option for stasis at the upgrade menu as a feature only for Limbo, similar to Nidus’ mutation and Equinox’s metamorphosis on the appearance tab.

but plot twist! DE will probably just make it an augment! 😂🤣

And this is possible, considering Stasis doesn’t have an augment yet! Wahahaha!

Edited by Trapzz07

8 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

smells like another "Limbomain" that likes to cheese Riven Challenges ^^

I mean personally I never used that "feature" or needed it, but I see nothing bad about such a toggle option

The only thing I miss about old Stasis. There was however a datamined arcane for gun zaws that makes you hover for an extended period in midair when aim gliding. If that get's released that'd be a pretty good alternative.
Now that I think about it, has anyone tried castanas or talons with aimglide head shot Rivens?

25 minutes ago, SoLonelyWolfie said:

Hello Warframe Community,

I'd like you to share my little experience with our beloved Limbo, called aka Bimbo. As many of you might know or maybe not, Limbo's statis has been changed on release of Sacrifice Update. There were two changes, one minor and one major. Minor change was decreasing ability duration by 50%, which I don't mind at all considering that statis has a great crowd control and probably the best in the whole game, but what really disturbs me is the major change to statis that is completly remove bullet stop on it. I know it's been changed on purpose, because of such hate on unexperienced limbo players or the trolling ones, but dear Digital Extremes, You probably didn't think about how it might kill complete feeling of the frame. 

What I'm trying to tell is that You could revive this feeling by adding option for Limbo to choose between stopping bullets on statis only for himself or not doing that at all. I'd like to see that feature in game for Limbo, because many of Limbo players like myself play this frame mostly for fun and by taking away bullet stop, you took most of the fun that limbo brought to the game. In my mind it looks like Vauban's Minelayer cycling between Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred or Concuss, where you can cycle between Bullet Stop or Bullet Free on statis for yourself, while allies will always be free to shoot in rift without fear that their bullets will be stopped by statis.

Post your opinion about my suggestion below. Constructive opinions are welcome.

-SoLonelyWolfie

The bullet stopping effect still exists, it just only affects enemy projectiles now instead of both Enemy and Allied.

It wasnt just Unexperienced Limbo Players that were being a harassment during missions, Pro players too often used Stasis on missions such as M-Def to try in prevent enemies from reaching the defense target and rending allied players within the Rift useless and many times causing the mission to fail in case of Sorties as the Rift would reach is cap limit and enemies would eventually start moving slowly in before the total collapse of the rift and the Limbo being overwhelmed by the number of mobs.

Personally i dont see any advantage to making it so Limbo`s projectiles still stop. So what, you hold down the fire button and litter the place with bullets and other projectiles, by the time the Stasis ends, your allies will have killed off most or all enemies and by the time your rift ends your projectiles will be useless as they wont deal damage to mobs that werent within the rift.

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Personally i dont see any advantage to making it so Limbo`s projectiles still stop. So what, you hold down the fire button and litter the place with bullets and other projectiles, by the time the Stasis ends, your allies will have killed off most or all enemies and by the time your rift ends your projectiles will be useless as they wont deal damage to mobs that werent within the rift.

It's not about advantage, but you didn't consider that some players play solo and it's fun to turn on statis, lay down cata, shoot everyone with sniper or other weapon, then pop statis again and watch every enemy die. Game is not all about efficiency, but to have fun playing it.

4 hours ago, SoLonelyWolfie said:

It's not about advantage, but you didn't consider that some players play solo and it's fun to turn on statis, lay down cata, shoot everyone with sniper or other weapon, then pop statis again and watch every enemy die. Game is not all about efficiency, but to have fun playing it.

Then have it set that only limbo's bullets are stopped and not allies. 

24 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Then have it set that only limbo's bullets are stopped and not allies. 

Or better yet, have the bullets of anyone in the Rift be stopped, but make it so you have to choose go into the Rift on purpose, and don't need to be in the Rift to attack Rifted enemies.  Don't like frozen bullets?  No problem, just roll out of the Rift wherever you are.  You won't get the extra energy or Rift Torrent buff (which teammates also don't get now... 😞  ), but you'll still be able to shoot anything you can see, and pretend you've got a Bastille-spamming Vauban on your team instead.

Why use Vauban when you can Limbo?  Well, Vauban has other abilities.  If you really think he's just a Bastille dispenser, that's not Limbo's fault, and we can talk about him another time.  😉

2 minutes ago, mactrent said:

Why use Vauban when you can Limbo?  Well, Vauban has other abilities.  If you really think he's just a Bastille dispenser, that's not Limbo's fault, and we can talk about him another time.  😉

But I can use limbo during kala de thaym's rocket launched and the entire team wont be killed. For example. Vauban does not help there.

7 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

But I can use limbo during kala de thaym's rocket launched and the entire team wont be killed. For example. Vauban does not help there.

True enough, but Vauban's never helped much there.  That would be a clear case to use Limbo, 'cause none of Vauban's other abilities even help with anything there.  I'd take near any frame over him for that fight.  Also note that this use of Limbo's powers is one that he'd have regardless of Stasis or any other changes suggested, it's fundamentally something Limbo does, not parallel to Vauban at all.

Point was, Limbo may take the cake on CC, but he's not "Vauban's Bastille to the max", he's his own animal, just as Vauban is.

Edited by mactrent
Pronouns unclear. Now on fire. Too many edits.

But since Sacrifice Update you can no longer stop your or your allies. This topic is all about suggestion to bring option, so you can choose if your statis will stop only your bullets as limbo or it will not. I don't quite understand why you started talking about Vauban. I've just compared Vauban minelayer ability to how it would look like in mechanic, where by clicking once you would toggle mode of Statis between Bullet Stop and Bullet Free and by holding down button you'd cast statis. Allies bullets wouldn't be stopped still, so hate on Limbo players would be less.

You're right, the Vauban was just a red herring of an argument I've seen elsewhere and wanted to address before it came up.  My suggestion was have Stasis freeze all bullets shot from in the Rift, but to do away with the need for allies to be in the Rift to shoot Rifted enemies (which is the real problem that should have been addressed, imo).

For more specific feedback on yours, I do like that it has freezing as an option, and doesn't cause those same issues with other players to come back.  I just don't think it addresses the whole problem, and it doesn't bring back the potential awesomeness to other players either.  I've said that now, so I'll stop pushing my alternative here.  😉

Edited by mactrent

In my experience as a Limbo main it was never the fact that Stasis froze allied shots as much as size of the area of which he could freeze shots.  If you tossed a localized Cataclysm (<50% range) allies would naturally avoid it unless they were the type who would go out of their way to make things difficult or act on some self serving "quest for revenge!!!!".  People didn't get upset because they could avoid your bubble and because your bubble wasn't hogging a large portion of the active enemies.  Furthermore, if allies did want to kill those enemies they would run into the bubble and already be more or less in melee range of said enemies.  This is why I believed the best way to address Stasis was to cut Cataclysm's range in half.

That said, what is done is done, and I'm glad to be getting less crap from know-nothings and know-it-all "elites" before I end up having to scrape their corpses off the pavement.  I also am glad because my 3rd ability is actually practical to use now that I'm not running 46% range normally.

• 4 weeks later...

A few months ago I got Limbo, stasis blew my mind when I started playing him, It gave a uniqueness to it, Stasis everyone, then set all your shoots, stand there looking cool until time run out on stasis and every baddie just got destroy with what you plan. Thanks to real life, I was force to stop playing. Now I return to the game and got the urge to play him and finally level up him. I notice that my bullets where not stopping, I was confused, because I'm not the type of player that keep up with patch notes, yeah yeah, sorry to disappoint, make all the fun you want about me. I didn't knew they change it until I google it.

I'm kind of angry and not being a main limbo player or even level up him make me doubt if I should post this, but I'm doing it anyways because I would really like to have the option to turn it on for me, I was really looking forward to mess around with this frame when I got back to the game, it was all a tease. Mostly I played Limbo solo, because I know it can annoy players, and I really like taking my time setting up kills in stasis it was the selling point for me. Also is sad that newer players than me cannot experience it at all, at least I got a taste of it.

I hope the other frames don't lose what make them special just because they don't play to everyone standards.

I still prefer the pre-Octavia's-Anthem playstyle of Limbo.  Greater flexibility for controlling the situation, even if the powers were even slower in practice. 

Every time Limbo gets a identity, it gets torn apart because ofc he's Limbo

Edited by Zavenosk