The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So why is no one sharing Limbro prime fashion?

Vlada91

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

No one is buying or farming him (intentionally) perhaps?

*runs from angry limbo mobs*

Mine is building because of the fashion and I need 800more xp for next master rank... so in the end I lost interest in him,im more in 2 deluxe look for frames and I hope 2 see soon for Nezha because he looks more bulky and badass

13 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Mine is building because of the fashion and I need 800more xp for next master rank... so in the end I lost interest in him,im more in 2 deluxe look for frames and I hope 2 see soon for Nezha because he looks more bulky and badass

I was just making a light joke.
To be honest, even Limbo Prime's Aesthedic doesn't appeal to me.

I am 100% with you on Deluxe Skins, if Limbo had one that made him super cool (Nekros Irkalla comes to mind) I might finally give fashion framing him a chance.

I think he looks amazing but I try not to invest much time into frames that I just don't enjoy playing. I'll get this urge to play him but then realize how his kit just bores me and feels too niche to enjoy his playstyle. It saddens me actually. 

Thanks to you guys I have to rush my Limbomb! But I have some plat that I specially earned just for Limbomb purposes, so that is not a worry. Sad that the Nikana placement is not too nice with him though:

BciB5cl.jpg

and

KRkthpQ.jpg

For the fancy image:

VP8Z5iq.jpg

Imagine that we have deluxe limbo with no hat but its show his hat with his animations like some virtual limbo hat that shows like some trick and then just disappear... Maybe im going to work some artwork for this idea 😏👌

Finally got rid of the damn pink cyst.  So as I love orokin style, I chose white robe and hat. I am glad to have a power to protect everyone, so nobody will be left alone. Here is what orokin should have been. Here is the protector. Here is my void magician & operator:

Spoiler

gTzEw3G.png

Spoiler

ASFcq93.png

Spoiler

9irr2FE.jpg

Spoiler

FKjA3pz.jpg

Spoiler

ZrKu8hM.jpg

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

• 1 month later...

Be careful when you read this, honest opinion ahead:

Because LIMBO DESIGN IS SIMPLY HORRENDOUS and UGLY 

On 2018-06-30 at 7:52 PM, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Reveal hidden contents

gTzEw3G.png

Reveal hidden contents

ASFcq93.png

Reveal hidden contents

9irr2FE.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

FKjA3pz.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

ZrKu8hM.jpg

This guy has my customization. I use exactly this set up to dress my limbo. 

Even with targis armor, golden metals and white colors the Limbo design seems out of place. The analogy of a magician is just a weak design. When Nidus got a nice lift with a new skin people started using him more.  

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Be careful when you read this, honest opinion ahead:

Because LIMBO DESIGN IS SIMPLY HORRENDOUS and UGLY 

This guy has my customization. I use exactly this set up to dress my limbo. 

Even with targis armor, golden metals and white colors the Limbo design seems out of place. The analogy of a magician is just a weak design. When Nidus got a nice lift with a new skin people started using him more.  

Eh, I like Limbo's look, especially the primed version.

Sure, it's eccentric as hell. I'll give you that freely. But I feel like the Magician look fits him perfectly. Consider this: Unlike most other Warframes, including the other Magician/Illusionist frame Mirage, none of his abilities have direct effects on enemies as their primary state - (for example Mirages's disco ball of Death). Sure, Banish and Cataclysm deal some damage, and transferring into the rift deals some chip too, but apart from that, nothing. And even then, those can be chalked up to effects of the Rift itself, not Limbo's own power. Even surge is just surrounding them with the energies of the rift, and stasis affects the rift itself, not the individuals within it.

In other words, Limbo has almost no power of his own - his might comes not from direct power over others, but from his environment. Just like a stage magician. A stage magician has no real magic, but on stage, they exert control over their audience with the skill in their art and the construction of the stage and equipment. Obviously, Limbo does it by manipulating space and time more directly, but the same overall theme is there - their power is not 'real', it's gained from how they can manipulate their audience without directly controlling them.

So, in that sense, the whole Magician theme isn't very weak in Limbo's case, as he really owns it. Although I can see why you might not like it still - it is still very out-of-place compared to most other frame's designs - but I love it because of how unique it and his kit design is. And the Primed version made the colouration SO much better. I hated when his primary colour channel affected 90% of his colour, I could only get away with dark colour schemes.

I'll post my own fashion in a bit, I just wanted to give my thoughts on this subject.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Eh, I like Limbo's look, especially the primed version.

Sure, it's eccentric as hell. I'll give you that freely.

[But I feel like the Magician look fits him perfectly. Consider this: Unlike most other Warframes, including the other Magician/Illusionist frame Mirage, none of his abilities have direct effects on enemies as their primary state - (for example Mirages's disco ball of Death). Sure, Banish and Cataclysm deal some damage, and transferring into the rift deals some chip too, but apart from that, nothing. And even then, those can be chalked up to effects of the Rift itself, not Limbo's own power. Even surge is just surrounding them with the energies of the rift, and stasis affects the rift itself, not the individuals within it.

In other words, Limbo has almost no power of his own - his might comes not from direct power over others, but from his environment. Just like a stage magician. A stage magician has no real magic, but on stage, they exert control over their audience with the skill in their art and the construction of the stage and equipment. Obviously, Limbo does it by manipulating space and time more directly, but the same overall theme is there - their power is not 'real', it's gained from how they can manipulate their audience without directly controlling them.]

So, in that sense, the whole Magician theme isn't very weak in Limbo's case, as he really owns it. Although I can see why you might not like it still - it is still very out-of-place compared to most other frame's designs - but I love it because of how unique it and his kit design is. And the Primed version made the colouration SO much better. I hated when his primary colour channel affected 90% of his colour, I could only get away with dark colour schemes.

I'll post my own fashion in a bit, I just wanted to give my thoughts on this subject.

Hold it.....

Orokin technology is based on alien technology, you see, different from us. A magician is a human character. The connotation and denotative values only pertains to our actors and the way we treat art. That's how the lore runs. 

If you want to throw away lore by convenience you will have disparate like frames that jumps in as a forced inception to the lore breaking the immersion of the atmosphere. Look for example hydroid and Pirates of the Caribbean. Hydroid and Limbo are way too pedestrian in comparison to the rest of the frames. The orokin technology was designed to produce a weapon where the tenno was part of it. 

If you throw "meme" frames into the basket people throw away the lore. Do you want to break that atmosphere that the game produces naturally?