Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime syandanas

(PSN)i7081277

Is it just me or are prime syandanas just getting worse?

latest?cb=20150707200907latest?cb=20170225030709latest?cb=20161112235035latest?cb=20171214121350latest?cb=20160217004623latest?cb=20140313232109latest?cb=20140313231517latest?cb=20141217030947latest?cb=20170629052607latest?cb=20170823175129

now I think these are all the previous syandanas that we've had, and most of them actually look pretty nice except for the noru. the thing is all of these include complex shapes and attributes or at least a really nice energy effect like the pyra or citadella prime. None of these are flat plain boring capes, they all look interesting for their own reasons except for vIaClGX.jpg&key=36784c03d9e181a96d4d83c7

OBLIVIA PRIME (thanks Nightmare for the pic). this flat boring mass of play dough can hardly be called a prime syandana. It doesn't even have a prime channelling effect or nice energy details to make up for the fact that its buttugly. it sucks that its so ugly because I've always wanted a prime sigil but im' not willing to pay 60$ for this even if I get a decent amount of plat along with it. Still, its physics are nice but they feel wasted on this thing. I mean cycuta prime syandana had ferociously ugly physics but at least it looked nice. anyways, thanks for reading. I hope that chroma prime access looks great!

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

Citadella was probably their best job even if it didn't go on the nicest looking frame.

A bit too hard to exceed now.

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Citadella was probably their best job even if it didn't go on the nicest looking frame.

A bit too hard to exceed now.

I feel the same way about it and I was around for the prime access but I regret not buying it. I really really do.

4 minutes ago, Illithar said:

I, for one, really like the Oblivia Prime Syandana.

Abbera Prime, though, is probably the worst Prime syandana, IMO.

I personally don't really like abbera either but it fits few frames like saryn or nidus.

I just feel that de could have done something a lot cooler with limbo considering his theme.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

Pic holder here, came to take some taxes >:)

Seriously now, I wanted to make a post of the full last Prime year in review and make some notes regarding accessories, but I haven't had the time yet to put it together.

I like all accessories and my issue is that, while indeed some are more lackluster, they are just too personal lately, with weapons being lately added to that mix too.

As for Abbera and Oblivia: Abbera I like a lot. Actually it's based on Noru Prime, which I always liked as well, and goes so well with Saryn Prime and my beloved Loki and Ash. Oblivia is supposed to be a short magician coat, and really fits Limbo, but hardly anyone else. As for now my least favorite Syandana must be Cycuta Prime, really because it's just... I don't know, it's quite royal but it's like something's missing.

Basically they need to make more "Universal" Syandanas like Uru Prime and Misa. Prime Izvara and Imperator Syandana!

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

hey, you didn't ad the twitch prime ones.

Also Oblivia cloak is very old world British themed. Its just unfortunate that cosmetics cant be outstanding without specifically having to edit them to every warframe. The goal is to be nice and quickly hashed to everyone.  

Indeed, I think this is the key that made Uru, Misa, Yamako and Pyra so nice -- besides the wider appeal, cool Syandanas, nice effects or designs, go on everyone because they simply try to look Prime and not an extension of a Warframe. I said I like Noru and Abbera and they really follow a few of those notes too but I understand not everyone is a fan of them.

I think the problem with Prime syandanas of late is that they're becoming too Warframe specific. Take a look at earlier syandanas, Noru/Misa will sit nicely on almost every warframe you put 'em on, while the Sukira Prime (oberon's) and Citadella (booben's), and now limbo's are all themed around that one frame, which they look fine on them but that's kinda it. They don't mix well on other Warframes.

Not to say that DE has completely missed the mark following this trend as the Uru looks good (especially on Nidus) and Capella both look great on different Warframes, but I just wish DE would stop tailoring Prime syandanas so heavily around one specific theme and go back to the drawing board to find a better balance between a theme and what's already in the game.  

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

4 minutes ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

I think to problem with Prime syandanas of late is that they're becoming too Warframe specific. Take a look at earlier syandanas, Noru/Misa will sit nicely on almost every warframe you put 'em on, while the Sukira Prime (oberon's) and Citadella (booben's), and now limbo's are all themed around that one frame, which they look fine on them but that's kinda it. They don't mix well on other Warframes.

Not to say that DE has completely missed the mark following this trend as the Uru (looks good, especially on Nidus) and Capella both look great on different warframes, but I just wish DE would stop tailoring Prime syandanas so heavily around one specific theme and go back to the drawing board to find a better balance between a theme and what's already in the game.  

Along with this, the Warframes themself are becoming more and more detailed, its harder to put something on them comfortably. Hydroid Prime's boots are way to detailed to put something over them, and yet he came with armor to cover them. Not mention everything else collides with his coat. Even if you don't like him, I argue his details are top quality, I think it'll be really hard to make a delux skin to outshine this.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Also while were at it, why does Constella have Citadella Prime's channeling effect, this really bothers me, not just the energy hologram but also smoke from thin air? At least Citadella appears to have semi logic behind it, but it just straight up duplicated the effect?

It does? are you sure its not a glitch?

10 hours ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

I think the problem with Prime syandanas of late is that they're becoming too Warframe specific. Take a look at earlier syandanas, Noru/Misa will sit nicely on almost every warframe you put 'em on, while the Sukira Prime (oberon's) and Citadella (booben's), and now limbo's are all themed around that one frame, which they look fine on them but that's kinda it. They don't mix well on other Warframes.

Not to say that DE has completely missed the mark following this trend as the Uru looks good (especially on Nidus) and Capella both look great on different Warframes, but I just wish DE would stop tailoring Prime syandanas so heavily around one specific theme and go back to the drawing board to find a better balance between a theme and what's already in the game.  

The thing about oblivia prime is that its shape is so awkward and boring that it doesn't really fit limbo and it doesn't fit anyone else either. if I wanted that there are plenty of other syandanas like it in the marketplace. I still really hope de ups their game with chroma prime access or at least fix the sigil for the people who already bought it.

When i remember right Misa Prime was the first one and its sad that its still the best.(for my taste)

The last prime syandana looks in my opinion really really bad.I would never use it even for free.

Sorry 😥

Edited by K0bra

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

yea & for several updates, if it doesn't on ps4/pc I'd appreciate the update so I can report it as a glitch on xbox.

actually I think I saw that on the syandana one time. but I personally don't own it. but why don't all prime syandanas have prime effects?

13 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Is it just me or are prime syandanas just getting worse?

latest?cb=20150707200907latest?cb=20170225030709latest?cb=20161112235035latest?cb=20171214121350latest?cb=20160217004623latest?cb=20140313232109latest?cb=20140313231517latest?cb=20141217030947latest?cb=20170629052607latest?cb=20170823175129

now I think these are all the previous syandanas that we've had, and most of them actually look pretty nice except for the noru. the thing is all of these include complex shapes and attributes or at least a really nice energy effect like the pyra or citadella prime. None of these are flat plain boring capes, they all look interesting for their own reasons except for vIaClGX.jpg&key=36784c03d9e181a96d4d83c7

OBLIVIA PRIME (thanks Nightmare for the pic). this flat boring mass of play dough can hardly be called a prime syandana. It doesn't even have a prime channelling effect or nice energy details to make up for the fact that its buttugly. it sucks that its so ugly because I've always wanted a prime sigil but im' not willing to pay 60$ for this even if I get a decent amount of plat along with it. Still, its physics are nice but they feel wasted on this thing. I mean cycuta prime syandana had ferociously ugly physics but at least it looked nice. anyways, thanks for reading. I hope that chroma prime access looks great!

Agreed, it should've been much longer and had that really nice silky cape effect to it instead with all the gold accents, it would have been a guaranteed buy for a lot of people.