The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra is bad design.

swodaem

20 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Warn DE against making future Umbras literally just better Primes.

Don't complain that Umbras are literally just better Primes. There's a difference. One is complaining, one is giving a suggestion for future content. Only one makes sense.

We only have one Umbra so far, and he's a special case. Excalibur is special because he's the only frame without a Prime that won't get a Prime - that is, a Prime which is accessible to the general community. So giving him a second Prime in the form of Umbra is fine. We have no reason to think they'll do that for other frames.

My intention is to get the community to advocate against a straight better umbra. But excalibur shouldn't be ignored either.

Edited by swodaem

Just now, swodaem said:

My intention is to get the community to advocate against a straight better prime. But excalibur shouldn't be ignored either.

Im going to advocate against founders who complain about something being better than their excusive prime. 

5 minutes ago, swodaem said:

My intention is to get the community to advocate against a straight better prime. But excalibur shouldn't be ignored either.

No. Your "intention" is yet again as a founder to throw your toys out of your pram like a spoilt brat. Why weren't you all chucking a temper tantrum before Umbra got released. Hmmmmmmmm?

Your precious status symbol got buffed when Umbra came out.

The more you snowflakes piss and moan the more you expose your true colours to the community.

Edited by LupisV0lk

2 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Okay so. DE does make a lot of money now. Why not just give the founders their money back and release excalibur prime to everyone. Then we never speak of this ever again. 

Seems like a fair deal :)

let's be honest, there was never going to be a winner when it comes to Umbra.

if he was released worse than regular Excalibur, everybody would be pi$$ed off.

if he was literally exactly the same in all but appearance, founders would be screaming "muh exclusives!"

if he was released objectively better than Excalibur Prime (which is being debated in this thread) you'd get... well, this thread.

if he was released totally different from any Excalibur Variant, an Excal in name only, people would still likely find something in his kit to moan about, or complain that "it's not a true Excal".

founders had almost 2 YEARS to speak out against Umbra if they didn't like it. perhaps if they were on the ball sooner, Umbra wouldn't be released in a state that seems undesirable to them.

4 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Okay so. DE does make a lot of money now. Why not just give the founders their money back and release excalibur prime to everyone. Then we never speak of this ever again. 

Better yet, just shut down WarFrame. Boom founders lose their status symbol and we the 99% lose our umbra. Both sides equally lose.

Edited by LupisV0lk

13 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

No. Your "intention" is yet again as a founder to throw your toys out of your pram like a spoilt brat. Why weren't you all chucking a temper tantrum before Umbra got released. Hmmmmmmmm?

Your precious status symbol got buffed when Umbra came out.

The more you snowflakes piss and moan the more you expose your true colours to the community.

At least i have valid complaints. You just project your toxic ideas.

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Your complaints aren't valid. If anything your idea is more toxic than mine.

What that i wanted more than a better reskin? Where in my very valid arguements did i insult anyone? Your entire meta complaint is an insult.

They are valid complaints.

Edited by swodaem

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Your complaints aren't valid. If anything your idea is more toxic than mine.

And your posts directed to the OP are unsupported and just rude. Never once implied they're unhappy that they "can't be special anymore" or anything of the sorts, you're projecting like others.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, swodaem said:

What that i wanted more than a better reskin? Where in my very valid arguements did i insult anyone? Your entire meta complaint is an insult.

If your complaint is "I wanted more than a better reskin" your complaints should've started when Frost Prime was added.

1 minute ago, swodaem said:

They aren't. Your complaint is as your founder your feefees are hurt all of a sudden because you don't have THE only other Excal. Seriously grow up!

28 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

With the Umbral mods maxed out he performs better than Excal Prime with his added passives. It's 100% power creep.

Maxed out expensive set mods that will clean out most people to the point that they will have to live in Vodyanoi with a Nekros always on hand. All for mods, that otherwise taking room from other, less expensive mods and polarities, very little room for build diversity.

Arguably surviving better than a particular build on the underwhelming Excal Prime at best = power creep....

There has been more of a power decline more so than a power creep. The likes of ESO celebrates more of the way the game used to be, especially in the enemy spwan rates.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

And your posts directed to the OP are unsupported and just rude. Never once implied they're unhappy that they "can't be special anymore" or anything of the sorts, you're projecting like others.

Whatever pumpkin. Say whatever you want to allow you snowflakes asleep at night.

Edited by LupisV0lk