The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra is bad design.

swodaem

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Only when you admit that this is all about you guys not feeling special no more because everyone else now has a free Excal variant, that looks better than Swordy McKeyFace Prime.

Certain now, you do have a strong disdain towards every Founder in the community. This type of thinking is just toxic and leads to nowhere.

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

Yes, plenty of times. Let me tell you, never buy into a founders for any game that has a Russian developer or publisher. You think you've got it rough here with your self made boogeyman. Wargaming has sold founders tank time and time again, heck they've sold tank that they've said they won't sell again due to balance issues. But there they go selling them again.

Honestly, I don't have it rough here. Most people here recognize that you're just being an A****** out of spite. I've tried to reason with you, level with you, it's pointless. You won't hear it. You refuse to hear anything other than "Founders are scum." I don't know who wronged you to make you this hateful, but I'm glad they did.

1 minute ago, swodaem said:

Seriously can the mods not close this, ban the toxic individuals and let us have a discussion? Don't ruin it for everyone. We need to constructively criticize the umbra system.

I actually agreed with you and the bulk of this has already been discussed. This thread will either be locked or merged into the containment thread. 

Just now, swodaem said:

Seriously can the mods not close this, ban the toxic individuals and let us have a discussion? Don't ruin it for everyone. We need to constructively criticize the umbra system.

This topic is a slippery slope. Healthy discussion is a rare occurrence on a platform with lack of moderators at certain hours of the day.

I agree that Umbra is a complete upgrade to Prime. This is why I believe Prime cosmetics should work on Umbra in order to create a healthy precedence for customization of Umbra variants. Umbral mods are great, and I think we should wait until that system is expanded upon after TennoCon.

5 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

For #*!%s sake it's like you didn't read a thing I said.

I did. That's why I said you're trying to make power up a privilege to yourselves. Founders have a direct upgrade of Excalibur, which is a prime, so of course you would like a "different" Excalibur, different skillset and whatever sh1t that's revolving around it. But non founders don't. All we want is the same Excalibur with cool appearance and better stats. And you seem to never think about it.

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Certain now, you do have a strong disdain towards every Founder in the community. This type of thinking is just toxic and leads to nowhere.

I mean you've all come to the conclusion that i'm taring ya'll with one brush. When i'm not. But i mean why let that get in the way of a good pity party.

Just now, Pent_ said:

Honestly, I don't have it rough here. Most people here recognize that you're just being an A****** out of spite. I've tried to reason with you, level with you, it's pointless. You won't hear it. You refuse to hear anything other than "Founders are scum." I don't know who wronged you to make you this hateful, but I'm glad they did.

I mean just look at this. You all make me out to be the big bad when what's happening is ya'll are just circle jerking against me. Cute isn't it?

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This topic is a slippery slope. Healthy discussion is a rare occurrence on a platform with lack of moderators at certain hours of the day.

I agree that Umbra is a complete upgrade to Prime. This is why I believe Prime cosmetics should work on Umbra in order to create a healthy precedence for customization of Umbra variants. Umbral mods are great, and I think we should wait until that system is expanded upon after TennoCon.

Umbra isn't a prime. But sure have your Excal prime skin on him, as long as i can use prime skins on my normal frames as well since they'be both the same thing not primes (sans Excal) because fair is fair right?

Edited by LupisV0lk

hace 1 hora, peterc3 dijo:

You were hoping that a frame variant was going to get a new set of abilities, something never mentioned nor supported by every other frame variant produced.

Yeah, that's why I was hoping for it, as I thought Umbra were not mass produced Warframes.

19 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

You're missing the point of what he's saying entirely. When Umbra was first announced it was said that they wouldn't be direct upgrades, they would have systems revolving around Umbra, something that would set them apart from Primes. Something new and different. At one point it was teased that they wouldn't even have the same kit.

You believed them? M8 half the wiki page of weapons and warframes is gold and the gold usually means "Objectively better version".

Making a brand new, totally unique version of excalibur is like dusting off a fossilised turd. People will look at it but it's still a hard turd.

Edited by FillyRarity

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I mean just look at this. You all make me out to be the big bad when what's happening is ya'll are just circle jerking against me. Cute isn't it?

It is not mob mentality when it is a unanimous thought. Players in here are upset with your approach to this thread and with good reason.

Umbra isn't a prime. But sure have your Excal prime skin on him, as long as i can use prime skins on my normal frames as well since they'be both the same thing not primes (sans Excal) because fair is fair right?

Umbra is Umbra. Umbra is not a vanilla Warframe. Thus, they should be treated differently and on a new path that increases customization down the road. The issue with Excalibur being the first Umbra is that only Founders know about this truly. I think people need to step back and see how much this benefits the community, not just Founders.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

When i'm not.

That's all you've been doing this whole thread.

There's a difference between circle jerking and calling out blatant disrespect.

I mean you've all come to the conclusion that i'm taring ya'll with one brush. When i'm not. But i mean why let that get in the way of a good pity party.

At this point neither side is right, but both are for sure making the situation worse. You included. 

4 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I did. That's why I said you're trying to make power up a privilege to yourselves. Founders have a direct upgrade of Excalibur, which is a prime, so of course you would like a "different" Excalibur, different skillset and whatever sh1t that's revolving around it. But non founders don't. All we want is the same Excalibur with cool appearance and better stats. And you seem to never think about it.

Assumption with no argument for why this system isn't detrimental for the rest of the prime warframes. Sigh...

Edited by swodaem

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Remember that before Umbra came out, Excal was not that much stronger than the normal variant. They gave Excal a pity buff that didn't really fix the problem, just exacerbate it. I'd be fine with Umbra having better stats if he wasn't the exact same as any other Excal Variant. My problem is in the lazy design, not the fact that he's better. I wanted new gameplay to fool around with, not a straight buff, and I think a lot of people agree with that sentiment. However, it seems any time anyone with a founder's badge tries to raise this point we're called scum and treated like S#&$. It's disheartening and it hurts. It's a S#&$ty thing to deal with. Despite my disdain for Warframe lately I have a lot of fond memories of this place and little by little Warframe is less of a fun game to reminisce on and more of a place I don't feel welcome because I spent money on this game at an opportune time it seems.

4 minutes ago, swodaem said:

Assumption with no argument for why this system is detrimental for the rest of the prime warframes. Sigh...

YOU are the one who is making assumption here, if you didn't realize. So far Umbra is just a new tier containing one warframe, Excalibur, which its prime version is strictly reserved for founders, so it's practically a global power up aka THE PRIME for the rest of players as DE stated. So far we have no clue other than a few statement to show that more Umbra will be coming in the future. Even if they're indeed coming, we have no evidence showing new Umbras will be done in the same way of Excalibur Umbra did.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

YOU are the one who is making assumption here, if you didn't realize. So far Umbra is just a new tier containing one warframe, Excalibur, which its prime version is strictly reserved for founders, so it's practically a global power up aka THE PRIME for the rest of players as DE stated. So far we have no clue other than a few statement to show that more Umbra will be coming in the future. 

They 100% confirmed more Umbral frames are coming, so he hasn't assumed anything.

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Umbra is Umbra. Umbra is not a vanilla Warframe. Thus, they should be treated differently and on a new path that increases customization down the road. The issue with Excalibur being the first Umbra is that only Founders know about this truly. I think people need to step back and see how much this benefits the community, not just Founders.

How would it benefit the rest of the 99%?

We can use all the other skins, which in most cases look better than the base skins, Swordy McKeyFace Prime included.

Please make me see why this is so important and is critical enough that it'll help all of us out?

Edited by LupisV0lk

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

YOU are the one who is making assumption here, if you didn't realize. So far Umbra is just a new tier containing one warframe, Excalibur, which its prime version is strictly reserved for founders, so it's practically a global power up aka THE PRIME for the rest of players as DE stated. So far we have no clue other than a few statement to show that more Umbra will be coming in the future. 

And that still makes umbra excalibur bad design...if all the others are much better that only further strengthens the point.

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

At this point neither side is right, but both are for sure making the situation worse. You included. 

Fair point. Getting a headache from this as well (though this cold doesn't help). Will dial it down.