Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Mag her Pull back (the AoE low dmg one)

jmthebigman

I still find Mag lack luster since many many big builds ago.
I miss the pull that pulled 360 no LoS and ended enemies at her feet.

Please bring it back would synergize with her other utility skills so well. As well as with a good amount of weapons.
Obviously LoS needs to stay nowadays but at least make it a 360 pull again instead of some terrible scatter pull...

56 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

360 no LoS

There's Polarize and Crush for that.

Please bring it back would synergize with her other utility skills so well.

In what way?

I still find Mag lack luster

What's your build / playstyle?

Mag is currently one of my absolute favorites that I take pretty much anywhere including e.g. Sorties, no prob.
High Range (quick mass CC & damage via Pull, decent damage & Squad Overshields via Crush, woo)
plus decent Duration (blocking chokepoints with Magnetize, Counter Pulse FTW) is stupid fun / effective.

mags pull already lacks LoS, unless that changed in the sacrifice.

as for direction, i love that it pulls in one direction.. it lets me maneuver groups of enemies into my death bubbles. my max range build may not have much duration but those bubbles kill so fast that after one or two shots i just focus on spamming pull to drag more enemies into that bubble often enough.

50 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

There's Polarize and Crush for that.

In what way?

What's your build / playstyle?

Mag is currently one of my absolute favorites that I take pretty much anywhere including e.g. Sorties, no prob.
High Range (quick mass CC & damage via Pull, decent damage & Squad Overshields via Crush, woo)
plus decent Duration (blocking chokepoints with Magnetize, Counter Pulse FTW) is stupid fun / effective.

Polarize and Crush dont pull -.-'

Pull everything to you - magnetize - polarize - crush in that order would be an amazing synergy right now pull doesnt pull and isnt 360. while it was a very long time ago.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

as for direction, i love that it pulls in one direction.. it lets me maneuver groups of enemies into my death bubbles. my max range build may not have much duration but those bubbles kill so fast that after one or two shots i just focus on spamming pull to drag more enemies into that bubble often enough.

Last I checked and compared to the old pull. Pull doesnt pull enemies from behind walls.

It would be nice if Pull left enemies at your feet instead of flinging them wherever; it would certainly make it synergize a lot better with Magnetize and Crush. It's current AoE is generous enough as it is though, I don't see the 360 range as all that necessary.

12 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Then you have not even checked because yesterday i was doing exactly that. Spamming pull at a wall and getting damage numbers that clearly were moving and clustering into corners.

Even throught the floor...

still doenst pull, tested it. hell its even stated on warframe wikia

11 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

It would be nice if Pull left enemies at your feet instead of flinging them wherever; it would certainly make it synergize a lot better with Magnetize and Crush. It's current AoE is generous enough as it is though, I don't see the 360 range as all that necessary.

360 opens up a lot of strategies that was destroyed because of kiddies wanting dmg instead of utility...
obviously people are now happily again into utility so its time to undo it.

Pull has a small 360 plus a cone AoE...

I'd like to see a push/hold option for Pull, honestly.  This would allow people to control the kind of effect Pull has by utilizing both the chaotic flinging and the controlled pull into melee range. 

No need to choose between one or the other, and with Ember rework, that mechanic is already in the game.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I'd like to see a push/hold option for Pull, honestly.

Sure, if it means Banshee's puny Sonic Boom gets buffed / replaced as a consequence 😛

2 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

still doenst pull, tested it. hell its even stated on warframe wikia

It's not straight unlimited Punch Through or anything, but Pull definitely can, sometimes,
ignore walls / (seemingly curve around) obstacles and affect enemies not in direct line of sight.

Might have to do with how much Range you have on her, my 235% Range Mag ignores LOS all over the place.

16 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Why does it have to be a negotiation?

Gameplay-wise? Because that'd make that part of Pull too similar to / just straight-up better than Sonic Boom.
Abilities should be more varied / balanced than that.

On a personal level? Because Sonic Boom continuing on in its current state
while other, better "cone" abilities got introduced / buffed is rustlin' my jimmies something fierce.

19 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Gameplay-wise? Because that'd make that part of Pull too similar to / just straight-up better than Sonic Boom.

while other, better "cone" abilities got introduced / buffed is rustlin' my jimmies something fierce.

Returning to what it was, which was the signature move even...

Its also clear you didnt play during that time.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Sooo...You're against changes to one Warframe because you want similar changes to your preferred one?

That's asinine. 

2 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

Returning to what it was, which was the signature move even...

Its also clear you didnt play during that time.

Pull having a Push function was Mag's signature move at one point?

(I was not responding to your 360 Pull proposal there, but the one from the person that I quoted.)

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Sooo...You're against changes to one Warframe because you want similar changes to your preferred one?

That's asinine. 

... okay, how 'bout this, we add a charge function to ... let's say Shuriken, that adds Slash-based Tesla 'nades on enemies hit.

How is that fair to Vauban? How is that balanced? An already better ability gets an addition that basically invalidates another.

(Yes that's obviously a bad example, theme-wise and whatnot. I am not good at making stuff up at a moment's notice a clever man.
But I hope it illustrates how I feel about this matter. Buff Mag, no prob. I just meant to bring up the thusly-increased imbalance.)

Oh yeah, that one... not sure if it ever was 360° (pretty sure it was singletarget->cone and nothing else) but it was nerfed cause people abused it to get onto the leader boards... man did i see videos...

People hiding in air shafts pulling up to several spawnpoints, killing everything, permanently since greedy pull didn't have LoS eather....given that it could be abused and this ain't wrong eather

Am 25.6.2018 um 11:17 schrieb (PS4)ForNoPurpose:

In the way that it isn't heavily affected by LoS in any way (you see a cm of the enemy? It works),.... no. Why? To absuse it again?

You know what i want? I want the beta version of greedy pull back. The one that didn't have LoS but only pulled loot for her. And the... 2014 version? of pull that pulled enemys to her feet instead of just jerking them around. (Picked her as my starter because of that only to discover it was changed) ... Seriously, screw whether it got LoS or not. That's the one thing that actually kinda works.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

44 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Oh yeah, that one... not sure if it ever was 360° (pretty sure it was singletarget->cone and nothing else) but it was nerfed cause people abused it to get onto the leader boards... man did i see videos...

People hiding in air shafts pulling up to several spawnpoints, killing everything, permanently since greedy pull didn't have LoS eather....given that it could be abused and this ain't wrong eather

In the way that it isn't heavily affected by LoS in any way (you see a cm of the enemy? It works),.... no. Why? To absuse it again?

You know what i want? I want the beta version of greedy pull back. The one that didn't have LoS but only pulled loot for her. And the... 2014 version? of pull that pulled enemys to her feet instead of just jerking them around. (Picked her as my starter because of that only to discover it was changed) ... Seriously, screw whether it got LoS or not. That's the one thing that actually kinda works.

it was 360 aoe after the single target. which dropped all enemies at her feet even if they were behind several walls cause if the range was big enough you would pull em around everything if there was an opening.

But it also barely did any dmg. It was for CC and was amazing.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb jmthebigman:

it was 360 aoe after the single target. which dropped all enemies at her feet even if they were behind several walls cause if the range was big enough you would pull em around everything if there was an opening.

But it also barely did any dmg. It was for CC and was amazing.

Didn't notice back then but boy the pull function looked on spot.

Yeah, gonna agree to this. It can keep the cone for all i care but i'd love to have the functionality back.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

9 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Didn't notice back then but boy the pull function looked on spot.

Yeah, gonna agree to this. It can keep the cone for all i care but i'd love to have the functionality back.

Then it should also be 360 and not the stupid cone.