The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Again...save transfer to new platform Nintendo Switch

kennethydng

so i see hope again after watching the Tennocon live.

I was playing Warframe since 5 years ago on PC and my best friend started on PS4 a few years back.

Playing in the same squad was a dream for us and DE gave us both a hope when they said there may be a second time for save transfer across platform, from PC to PS4.

But unfortunately, it didn't happen. 

And now, they are going to release Warframe on Nintendo Switch, so i do, sincerely, hope that they will offer this service for players to do so. So, friends can finally be united, veterans don't need to start over if they wants to play it on Switch. 

Please make this happen 😞 PLEASE...

5 minutes ago, kennethydng said:

they are going to release Warframe on Nintendo Switch , so i do, sincerely, hope that they will offer this service for players to do so.

Xbox and Nintendo Switch already allowing a bit of cross-play. Don't know if it will happen in Warframe. But it sure will help in player growth. Can always hope.

They'll likely do a transfer from PC to Switch, even if only to get the Warframe community on Switch jump started, if that's all you're asking for, then you've got a decent chance for it to happen. If you think that it might suddenly mean you'll get to transfer from PC to PS4.. no, still not going to happen.

With PC? Unlikely... your account would need to lock out content for 1-3 months since PC gets it early. That means they'd need to specifically custom tailor the switch platform just to not crash or completely bork when you use something not available on the switch due to Nintendo's atrocious patching policy. If you think Sony and XBOX delay patches for a long time, just wait until we get 6+ month delays for nintendo!

So in a perfect world it would work and be cool, but in reality its nearly impossible unless they want to start delaying PC content massively, and we PC players would not be happy about that, no sir!

If you're asking about cross-play: PC to Xbox One? I see the potential. They are walking the fine line of being one in the same anyways and Microsoft has been very openminded to the idea of cross-play. PC to Nintendo? It's a possibility as Nintendo is in that same boat and already features several games that can cross-play with Microsoft. PC to PS4? No. Sony has already made it clear where they stand on this subject. They are not willing to throw their player base a bone for the sake of game industry progress. After all, they don't see that uniting a game's player base can only make its community stronger, right? Sony's unwillingness to share progress is the real reason why Xbox One, Switch, and PS4 games struggle with cross-play compatibility. Sony only cares about keeping their business theirs.

For account transfers specifically: See the last sentence of my above statement.

Trust me you will regret your decision of switching from PC to whatever console, unless you completely abandon this game at some point of time. All consoles will eventually die in years and PC always get updates first. Crossplay is a more foreseeable solution.

And, even it's possible to switch from PC to Switch, it's most definitely not gonna happen on PS4 too. Coz Sony tends to be an @ss in player issue and they refuse to let any customer go.

Edited by Marvelous_A

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Trust me you will regret your decision of switching from PC to whatever console, unless you completely abandon this game at some point of time. All consoles will eventually die in years and PC always get updates first. Crossplay is a more foreseeable solution.

And, even it's possible to switch from PC to Switch, it's most definitely not gonna happen on PS4 too. Coz Sony tends to be an @ss in player issue and they refuse to let any customer go.

1 hour ago, unknow99 said:

If you haven't read this, you may be able to play your PC account on the switch. Not necessarily cross play, I assume Nintendo doesn't care for certs.

But the servers may be seperate? Not very direct. Time will tell.

Why all of the sudden we have a NINTENDO SWITCH INVASIONS OF FANS asking for a port? 

WHY?

You guys want cool stuff, well why not get a PC or a PS4? Besides the market share of Nintendo is in a third place. Sorry but these guys are a minority. Comercially speaking DE must not sacrifice on that business decision when the numbers of players is quite small in comparison to PS4 users. 

Edited by Felsagger

Well you can get a gpd win 2 now and have a switch like device and play Warframe on its 700$ though sadly..

If  they get that ability to play your PC account on your switch I'll buy a switch for sure ...    I had been considering a GPD win 2. I had the original it runs Warframe at about 30 frames per second the GPD win 2 gets 60 frames per second... but double the speed is double the price.

56 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Why all of the sudden we have a NINTENDO SWITCH INVASIONS OF FANS asking for a port? 

WHY?

You guys want cool stuff, well why not get a PC or a PS4? Besides the market share of Nintendo is in a third place. Sorry but these guys are a minority. Comercially speaking DE must not sacrifice on that business decision when the numbers of players is quite small in comparison to PS4 users. 

Well DC has already decided to support the switch bub. And there are a lot of people who like the idea. Sorry you feel left out. If you got issues with lack of PS4 crossplay go complain to Sony about it. Don't rain on other peoples parade just because it's not what you want.

I am aware it's DE not DC. Auto correct.

Edited by Oxika
Clarification and grammar

3 minutes ago, Oxika said:

Well DC has already decided to support the switch bub. And there are a lot of people who like the idea. Sorry you feel left out. If you got issues with lack of PS4 crossplay go complain to Sony about it. Don't rain on other peoples parade just because it's not what you want.

For starters, it's DE (Digital Extreme)....

Sony is selling 3:1 against XBOX worldwide and 4:1 against Nintendo Switch Worldwide. 

7 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

For starters, it's DE (Digital Extreme)....

Sony is selling 3:1 against XBOX worldwide and 4:1 against Nintendo Switch Worldwide. 

Yeah I am aware it was an auto correct error. I have been playing the game and following the community for a long time. And you may be right about your statistics but like I said. The switch support has already been announced. Why is that a bad thing? You already get Warframe on PS4 let switch players have it too.

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I have the game on PC and PS4. 

Remember, DE announced the possibility but one thing is announcing it and the other is happening. There is a big difference. 

Ummm have you seen this?

The switch port is happening. They already have a working port demonstrated live on stage man. They have partnered with a company to whom they have already paid considerable resources and are far enough along to show a live demo. It ALREADY happened.

I haven’t played since my laptop croaked just a month or so short of two years ago. 

And, I bought a Switch since it was cheaper than saving for a new PC and monitor. 

So, let us lapsed Tenno migrate to the Switch, DE, pretty please 😃

the creator goals is to make warframe a cross-platform game tho, if u didn't know, but they kind of struggle at updating all platforms at the sametime

Edited by RawrForCry