Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible ETA on Fortuna and Railjack?

Sephryn_

I know this might be a bit soon to ask but do we have any idea on when the new content is dropping? It's been confirmed that Railjack comes after Fortuna, and I'm guessing New War is after that, but when is all this stuff?

Can we expect it this year maybe? Or is it 2019 content?

Railjack was barely made playable by tennocon, and they said said venus would not be releasing in 2 weeks time. But from what I saw, everything looked very playable. 

We might get it 3-4 weeks from now if we're very lucky.

Otherwise autumn is a safe bet. 

Since they've already pushed through the Plains of Eidolon and felt confident enough to make a map on an even grander scale than that, I suspect Venus will be here sooner than expected, but definitely no later than Autumn. Depending on how well that release goes I'd honestly expect Railjack and The New War to be out even sooner than say the schedule we saw with The Sacrifice. I'd argue one of the biggest delays to The Sacrifice was the fact that PoE easily consumed months of tuning and fleshing out additional content while they also had started developing the Venus plains in that same window. There wasn't much content necessarily added in The Sacrifice, but I doubt they really committed the bulk of their efforts to it until that final month or so before release. They definitely wanted to have something worth showing us by the time Tennocon arrived, and as usual they gave themselves quite the list of deadlines to meet:

-The Sacrifice released and bugfixing for at least a few weeks before Tennocon

-Have Fortuna ready to show off by Tennocon along with the features it will bring

-Have Venus plains ready to show off by Tennocon along with features and missions to sample

-Have Railjack functional and polished enough to do a gameplay demonstration

This all consumed basically the first 6 months of this year as the Plains of Eidolon's bugfixing demands slowly decreased, and even then there's still work to be done.

Edited by Beartornado

It heavily depends on what they do with Railjack. Most people are looking to it as a separate update, which is the most likely situation.

That said they were shown off together as part and parcel of each other, so the possibility exists, albeit small, that they come together. So, since Fortuna looked a LOT more done than PoE was during it's tennocon reveal, what with actual text, voicelines, etc, I'd say it's closer than PoE was. By a quite significant margin.

However, we have no clue as to the full extent of Railjack. If it is a separate update entirely, then it's most likely going to come several months later. Again, large parts are done - it is more done then sacrifice was (Sacrifice was not done at all), so we can expect it much, MUCH sooner then Sacrifice after it's reveal. If it's a side mode to Fortuna though, expect Fortuna to be delayed to match it. In the more likely event it's just a flat-out update on it's own, then A: holy cow we haven't even scratched the surface and B: Fortuna will come without DElays and Railjack will come quite a bit later. 

My guesses: Separate updates, we'll see Fortuna later this summer. Probably not this month, but hype thrusters will be acceptable around that time. Worst case, early autumn. Then Railjack will come mid-to-late autumn, scratching December at the latest. They won't want a big update like that to be around holiday season. If the two are combined, though, probably mid autumn.

As for New War? Nobody knows. Last time this went down it came out 11 months later, so don't get your hopes up for a speedy update. Although, I suspect Sacrifice took as long as it did thanks to these two monsters development, sooo maybe, MAYBE early spring. We know Sacrifice took 3 months to make, and this looks to be more work then that. So four-ish from when they start getting into it, which will be after these. Fortuna and Railjack have been in the background long enough. If they get to work on New War after their holidays, expect it March.

Of course, none of these are official in any slightest. Don't complain to DE if you take these estimates as gospel.

Also, DE has Vallis Orbs for revealing three expansions in one Tennocon. I mean, like, damn.

• 3 weeks later...