Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replay Certain Quests(but not for warframe)

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

This isn’t about trying to reclaim a sold warframe, even though a warning to new players that they can’t be reclaimed from your quest would be nice. 

This is more about completing scans. Since bosses like the Jordas Golem and M Alad V can be fought I believe their quest should be able to fully replayed. For those who are bored but for me, it’s about completing scans of enemies I can’t find anywhere else like the different variants of hives. I’ve done a lot of hive missions but I’ve never came across the ones missing from my codex until I looked it up and learned they’re only in certain quests. Patient Zero being one of them. 

Most players may not care about completing codex scans or were lucky enough to know about scanning these things before they could no longer. But this post isn’t for them. It’s for those who have no other goals in warframe other than to collect/complete everything it has to offer. 

Hope DE will think about it at least. 

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

What EXACTLY is scannable ONLY in quest. i am completing my codex too. Havent seen an entry which was available Only in certain quest. Please give the names 🙂 Thanks

They don't appear in the codex unless you have them partially/fully scanned, to prevent people from going crazy over things they missed.

But some people still like to be collectors, I guess.

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

They don't appear in the codex unless you have them partially/fully scanned, to prevent people from going crazy over things they missed.

But some people still like to be collectors, I guess.

Okay but can you give at least 1 example of such entry? 

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Okay but can you give at least 1 example of such entry? 

Well I don't know if this is accurate, since I scanned these things before that was changed, but....

Maroo and the Arcane Boiler from Hidden Messages, the big stone guardians and the Inaros frame from Sands of Inaros, the infested Mesa OP mentioned from Patient Zero, the Chroma from The New Strange, and probably a lot more that I can't remember.

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well I don't know if this is accurate, since I scanned these things before that was changed, but....

Maroo and the Arcane Boiler from Hidden Messages, the big stone guardians and the Inaros frame from Sands of Inaros, the infested Mesa OP mentioned from Patient Zero, the Chroma from The New Strange, and probably a lot more that I can't remember.

Okay, thanks. Now i checked the wiki and it seems yes. Infested mesa, some types of hives and enemies from Inaros quest indeed have codex entries. I wish DE to give us replaying option soon then 🙂

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Is it? Just add in the option to select those special missions again. It cannot possibly be very complicated.

Every objective, state, and occurrence is coded to only finish once per account. Knowing Warframe's spaghetti code, that's probably a lot of stuff to re-code for every single quest in the game to be not only reset, but replayable.

They've talked about this on devstreams as well. You think they wouldn't have done it by now if it was easy? They've been at it ever since The War Within.

27 minutes ago, Spirit said:

What EXACTLY is scannable ONLY in quest. i am completing my codex too. Havent seen an entry which was available Only in certain quest. Please give the names 🙂 Thanks

The Decaying Battalysts and Conculysts in Octavia's quest

The Mimics in Sacrifice (I am missing one Sentient entry and I think that's this one, I didn't bring Helios to this quest so I'll have to wait for the replayability).

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

@(PS4)chris1pat8twins Well sacrifice at least is replayable now on PC 😄. Right after your post the new update did it. congrats on fast feedback from DE. soon gonna reach for you guys

I know I’m not a game designer so I obviously have no idea what’s it like to design games. But if we can play the quests the first time, how hard is it to make it where we can replay them? Some of these quests are important. For collectors, people who are too poor to purchase platinum for sold warframes, etc.

I can see why some quests might as well not be replayable as there is nothing to gain. And I’m sure by the time we reach MK30 and this game is fully completed, a lot of quests and maybe even events will return. The quests could become chapters instead of something on the sidelines. Maybe even Excalibur Prime will return, you never truly know. Humans do tend to have a change of heart every now and then. 

But some quests like the hidden messages should be replayable. Or at the very least the warframes could be obtained in some way. Whether it is completing the missions that were required to complete the mirage quests(Similar to spy missions for ivara).  Or completing excavations on earth which were used to obtain limbo(since that is what we had to do in the first place). Either way those warframes should be re-obtainable. And those enemies/objects that are only scannable in those specific quest should at least be brought out into regular missions. Such as the hives being placed in regular hive missions. 

We fight juggernaut behemoth before we fight the golem so maybe the collared Mesa could be fought again before the real fight with M Alad V. Sortie hive missions could have the unique hives from patient zero and hidden messages. Since sorties like to have little twists with missions, such as no ciphers and a moving defense target. 

There are a couple of alternative ways DE could make things available after the unreplayable quests are completed even though they may be more complicated. 

Either way I hope DE eventually removes this whole one-and-done thing they have going with some of these these quests. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I know I’m not a game designer so I obviously have no idea what’s it like to design games. But if we can play the quests the first time, how hard is it to make it where we can replay them? Some of these quests are important. For collectors, people who are too poor to purchase platinum for sold warframes, etc.

I can see why some quests might as well not be replayable as there is nothing to gain. And I’m sure by the time we reach MK30 and this game is fully completed, a lot of quests and maybe even events will return. The quests could become chapters instead of something on the sidelines. Maybe even Excalibur Prime will return, you never truly know. Humans do tend to have a change of heart every now and then. 

But some quests like the hidden messages should be replayable. Or at the very least the warframes could be obtained in some way. Whether it is completing the missions that were required to complete the mirage quests(Similar to spy missions for ivara).  Or completing excavations on earth which were used to obtain limbo(since that is what we had to do in the first place). Either way those warframes should be re-obtainable. And those enemies/objects that are only scannable in those specific quest should at least be brought out into regular missions. Such as the hives being placed in regular hive missions. 

We fight juggernaut behemoth before we fight the golem so maybe the collared Mesa could be fought again before the real fight with M Alad V. Sortie hive missions could have the unique hives from patient zero and hidden messages. Since sorties like to have little twists with missions, such as no ciphers and a moving defense target. 

There are a couple of alternative ways DE could make things available after the unreplayable quests are completed even though they may be more complicated. 

Either way I hope DE eventually removes this whole one-and-done thing they have going with some of these these quests. 

If it isnt done right, all progress on the quest is reset and it is as if you never did it before, making you have to recomplete it. However, it can get worse where the data is still there from your initial completion, but completing it again adds more data or changes what is there to be unrecongnized variables, which can lead to account issues. I know some games that had these kinds of issues.

They are working on making them replayable in due time. They have a very small team of coders and they have to ensure the aspects of each quest are redesigned to be replayable (as most were made before that was an option).

Honestly the best solution to quest frames is to just make them buyable as a singular BP or fully built (non reactor'd) from the market if you have completed the quest and already have obtained the frame before at least once, with the same cost as its sale price. As for the quest specific codex entries, they should be auto-completed when you do the quest (for bosses) or replaced with normal versions ( for enemies like the hives) since they are just copies of the normal versions anyways.

Edited by NeithanDiniem