Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why buy Rhino visuals, if iron skin look will mess it all up ?

BoBJones17

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Embers wof and fire blast, excal spamming blinds and waves, zephyrs turbulence, volts abilities in generall... really just any frame that's using his energy color at all obscures the screen... and that is even without fire eximi spamming theyr map wide bs.

Is there any way to change other peoples energy color for yourself or why are we trying to scrub it off?

....What? How about someone standing in front of you...or enemies blocking your vision in general... Seriously, are you even capable of actually making relevant arguments? This is about abilities that cover up the look of your warframes skins in a less than awesome way...And you are talking about particle effects..Its like you can't just turn them off..Oh..wait. you can.

Edited by Reihjin

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Reihjin:

....What? How about someone standing in front of you...or enemies blocking your vision in general... Seriously, are you even capable of actually making relevant arguments?

...you're standing in front of people midfight? Shouldn't you....you know, fight?

In a situation where people would see his iron skin over fashion frame, they hardly see anything at all. That's how bad it's become.

Why tf does his iron skin matter?

im going to point out that my shoulder armor on atlas almost completely covers the targeting crosshairs. also that i cannot see pretty much my entire frame most of the time while using Octavia, Ivara, Loki, Ash... oh and Mirage looks like garbage when in the sunlight with her 3rd..

oh.... and im going to point out that while i would love to be able to turn off some or all of these visuals, or tone them down... im not really complaining tho, there is a lot of stuff like that in games...

at least i can turn of the "OMG EVERYTHING IS RED" that happens when i use Hysteria :crylaugh:

22 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

...you're standing in front of people midfight? Shouldn't you....you know, fight?

In a situation where people would see his iron skin over fashion frame, they hardly see anything at all. That's how bad it's become.

Why tf does his iron skin matter?

1. People stand infront of me blocking what i'm shooting at all the time...Unintentionally I'm sure, but of course I just move and forget about it.

2. I'm seeing the terrible iron skin texture. Although a part of fashion frame is showing off to some extent, I dont care about other people seeing it or if you dont have a problem with it. If it's ugly to me, I don't want to use it.

3. It matters because again, I or whoever is playing rhino is always seeing it...It completely covers the underlying skin and the texture/effect is poorly done and should be fixed/improved or  give us a toggle/transparency slider or even the ability to select which style we want to use. If other frames have variations on their abilities from other skins, there should be a option to      select them as well. There is no reason you should be opposed to this. If you like the gold nugget...don't turn it off.

4. Your busy screen argument is not the same thing. It's just what happens when you are playing the equivalent of a bullet hell game in third person with multiple players on the map. There are display options to tone the effects down. Its not the same issue. Maybe you could start a thread to ask DE to implement a zero effect mode where all you see are basic textures and buff icons over players heads to show which abilities they have active...with a toggle of course to turn them off.

Edited by Reihjin

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

im going to point out that my shoulder armor on atlas almost completely covers the targeting crosshairs. also that i cannot see pretty much my entire frame most of the time while using Octavia, Ivara, Loki, Ash... oh and Mirage looks like garbage when in the sunlight with her 3rd..

oh.... and im going to point out that while i would love to be able to turn off some or all of these visuals, or tone them down... im not really complaining tho, there is a lot of stuff like that in games...

at least i can turn of the "OMG EVERYTHING IS RED" that happens when i use Hysteria :crylaugh:

I assume you are talking about the stealth effect on those 4 frames? Well, like I said before there is a difference between stealth and looking like a giant reflective gold nugget.
Not opposed to stealth option in the display settings tho. Actually i think there was a thread similar to this one when the stealth visual was updated. 
Also I agree mirage's 3rd can look like garbage in direct sunlight. That needs to be looked at as well.
Really the problem isn't even that the effects cover the warframe, its that the textures don't look good and come off as poorly done. I wish they looked as good as some of the other aura-like abilities some of the other frames have.

Edited by Reihjin

Some of you are missing the point and changing the subject.... let me clarify the idea.

Problem = { Blade of the Lotus cost money.  ---> blade of the lotus changes the visual of your frame ---> i cant see the changes most of the time, cause i need to use iron skin.}

Possible solutions

{

Possible solution 1 = Allow me to toggle iron skin visual

Possible solution 2 = Use energy color to control iron skin look (Just like on rhinos palatine skin)

Statement.: Both possible solutions do not affect players that like the way things are now, therefore they are aditions to the game not replacements 

Why im clarifying the idea:

People talking about invisble frames: this post is about rhinos skins and hability; if you have a problem with not see your skin on your Invible frame make your own topic, do not use sutch thing as a argument to defeat the possible solutions people are tryng to come up with here, this is a dush move and, as i said on the above statement, solutions will not replace but add options. Therefore there is no need to bring stuff sutch as:

-habilitys that polute the screen

-people that block your vision by standing in front of you,

-invisible frames and how i should not complain about iron skin cause i can at least see my frame

If you have a problem with the above, i strongly sugest you creat a topic.

If you do not agree with giving players options (sutch as toggle iron skin), dont worry, i do not intend in take away the melted led look. If what i sugest reach devs ears, nothing will change for you and the other who like the visual the way it is.    

In other words, there is no reason for you to protest here. Again... nothing will affect you. All i wnat is the option of toggle that visual off so i can enjoy the skin i spent my money on.

On 2018-07-20 at 9:54 PM, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Congrats, you get bonus points in your elitist group of friends being the first to make that post?

Sadly the Iron skin ability is as far as I know color locked...I could be wrong I don't use it really but I just wanted to respond and tell off the guy who was telling you off.

U can change the color to watever ur heart desires. Also the Palatine skin makes the iron skin transparent.

1 hour ago, BoBJones17 said:

Some of you are missing the point and changing the subject.... let me clarify the idea.

Problem = { Blade of the Lotus cost money.  ---> blade of the lotus changes the visual of your frame ---> i cant see the changes most of the time, cause i need to use iron skin.}

Possible solutions

{

Possible solution 1 = Allow me to toggle iron skin visual

Possible solution 2 = Use energy color to control iron skin look (Just like on rhinos palatine skin)

Statement.: Both possible solutions do not affect players that like the way things are now, therefore they are aditions to the game not replacements 

Why im clarifying the idea:

People talking about invisble frames: this post is about rhinos skins and hability; if you have a problem with not see your skin on your Invible frame make your own topic, do not use sutch thing as a argument to defeat the possible solutions people are tryng to come up with here, this is a dush move and, as i said on the above statement, solutions will not replace but add options. Therefore there is no need to bring stuff sutch as:

-habilitys that polute the screen

-people that block your vision by standing in front of you,

-invisible frames and how i should not complain about iron skin cause i can at least see my frame

If you have a problem with the above, i strongly sugest you creat a topic.

If you do not agree with giving players options (sutch as toggle iron skin), dont worry, i do not intend in take away the melted led look. If what i sugest reach devs ears, nothing will change for you and the other who like the visual the way it is.    

In other words, there is no reason for you to protest here. Again... nothing will affect you. All i wnat is the option of toggle that visual off so i can enjoy the skin i spent my money on.

You can change the color of iron skin already with the accents color slot. It will still look like "molten lead" no matter what color you pick so that will not solve the issue.
The solution has to be a toggle/transparency slider or an option to use the different iron skin styles from palatine skin and regular rhino, in order to not upset the meme lords and people who might genuinely like it.
More options is a good thing. Don't know why others feel the need to object to additions that wont take away what they already have...

What I don't understand is why you are posting this here. Dev's are more likely to look in other forum hubs like "feedback" compared to this.

And while I understand your point, the reason why people bring up invis frames is to show you that rhino is not special in this regard. Especially when alot of frames have similar uncontrolable effects, more uncontrolable than rhino, like nidus 3, loki 2, ash 2, ivara 3, octavia 3 etc. People don't care, because they at least know what they look like. Hell, try fashion framing equinox. Because you're only going to see default rarely, and not gonna see your other half.

Sorry, I just went on a rant. But my personal solution? Don't make it a toggle iron skin, make it toggle warframe powers on frames.

5 minutes ago, Goombpaler said:

What I don't understand is why you are posting this here. Dev's are more likely to look in other forum hubs like "feedback" compared to this.

And while I understand your point, the reason why people bring up invis frames is to show you that rhino is not special in this regard. Especially when alot of frames have similar uncontrolable effects, more uncontrolable than rhino, like nidus 3, loki 2, ash 2, ivara 3, octavia 3 etc. People don't care, because they at least know what they look like. Hell, try fashion framing equinox. Because you're only going to see default rarely, and not gonna see your other half.

Sorry, I just went on a rant. But my personal solution? Don't make it a toggle iron skin, make it toggle warframe powers on frames.

All of those are stealth effects with the exception of nidus. There could a stealth toggle for those. I'd probably use it myself at some point. But least those effects are well done and fit their purpose. Rhino iron skin does not and it looks like an unfinished texture. Since when does iron look like gold leaf?
Although i dont think nidus is in the same boat as rhino prime, I dont see why toggles for such abilities cant be a thing. Turning off every warframe ability just to fix hide an issue with one doesn't make much sense though if that is what you are suggesting here.

Also....not sure what you are getting at with equinox. You can fashion frame equinox all you want seeing as you can look at the day/night forms while customizing, so you can make the form you play as most suit your liking. Though it would be nice be able to customize the forms separately. 

18 hours ago, Reihjin said:

I agree with the rest of your post...But why this? There is already a prime attachments toggle so why would you want less options?
What makes the attachments different from an ability visual?

I was referring to the auxiliary Prime cosmetics such as Chordalla Prime. Sorry for not clarifying that. Though I doubt anyone would sell a prime warframe if they did for whatever reason then it should stay in that section as you did 'spend' something on it. So what I am suggesting is that the unique warframe effects, specifically those acquired through a deluxe skin or prime warframe construction / purchase have those effects added to as an auxiliary attachment that can be selected and used on any skin for that warframe and its' variants if you have bought it. So for example since I bought the Palatine Deluxe skin I would be able to use it's less obstructive Ironskin visual effect on my new Blade of the Lotus skin. 

Edited by Invellous
To summarize my original point in my first post and for greater clarity.

14 hours ago, Goombpaler said:

its on feedback alrdy

this is where topic was created:  

Home   ---   Feedback   ----   Feedback Categories    ----  Art, Animation, & UI    ----  Why buy Rhino visuals, if iron skin look will mess it all up ?

14 minutes ago, BoBJones17 said:

its on feedback alrdy

this is where topic was created:  

Home   ---   Feedback   ----   Feedback Categories    ----  Art, Animation, & UI    ----  Why buy Rhino visuals, if iron skin look will mess it all up ?

I would've personally moved it to warframe, but the reason I talked about that was I thought this was GD. I spend most my time there, so my brain probably auto-ed to GD. Soz

Something similar happens with Loki. We spend money buying tennogen skins and in the mission it becomes invisible and we do not see it in action.
I believe that his invisibility could be worked out in a way that would be semi-transparent so we could see the beauty of the skin in action on the missions.

Too bad Iron Skin doesn't work the same way as Nidus' Mutation and Chroma's Effigy, where instead of just a visual overlay, it's an actual model swap.

I'm not suggesting that this should be done. I'd imagine it would be a lot of work considering every Rhino skin would need to be redone... but I can dream, dangit!

I bought the Rubedo skin on Steam last year and iron skin makes it look pretty bad. Just ugly white diamonds all over it. Mildly disappointing. Not as disappointing as the inability to change the red coloration of it though. That's the real issue with that skin...

Edited by HomicidalGrouse

While I understand the frustration of the frame not looking good in missions I don't see it as a "Rhino problem". The same could be said for many frames.

My main is Mirage Prime. I love how she looks (big WH40k Harlequins fan).

Hall of Mirrors: I hate the clones. I don't like the way they look and they get in the way of spotting enemy movement fast enough as my eyes are constantly drawn to them. Also, makes no sense (the enemy really can't tell the difference between clones and the real Mirage? Even if they can't at some point they'd learn to shoot the one in the middle!) Used 100% of mission time.

Sleight of Hand: Mostly useless.

Eclipse: Turns my beautiful Mirage into a blue mess. Used 100% of mission time.

Prism: Damage is weak so it's basically a blind with a long cast time, and it drains energy needed for Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse. Mostly useless.

I would love the option to change the graphics in some way.

Instead of clones maybe sparkles surround her, or when she's moving she blurs and her image breaks up in some way. Makes more sense for making her harder to hit.

Something similar could be done for Eclipse.

Before someone says I'm playing wrong. Yes I know my main is a frame I don't really like. But the frame is a work of art 😛

What does it take for devs to look at this topic? I got that its not a rhino exclusive problem but, solution gota start somewhere, maybe if they take a look here and see the overal logic of it they will start change stuff. 

1 hour ago, BoBJones17 said:

What does it take for devs to look at this topic? I got that its not a rhino exclusive problem but, solution gota start somewhere, maybe if they take a look here and see the overal logic of it they will start change stuff. 

Maybe they'll start selling optional graphics packs 🙂

17 hours ago, Wolfways said:

Maybe they'll start selling optional graphics packs 🙂

This is the time for they to see this topic, with this rhino prime coming back form the vault. Imagine the sales boost when they announce:

Hotfix: you now have the option to toggle iron skin's visual on rhino. just by puting rhinos name on the panel will work as sales boost, easy fix easy advertise. and i get to look at the skin i bought during missions... :satisfied: