Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When high MRs leave half way through a PUB mission

I don't know why but today has been rampant with high MRs just up and leaving a mission when half of it is done. It makes it so that no one else can join. It also usually leads to a domino effect where lower MRs or other players will either leave because they think the high MR did it for a reason or because now the mission will be completed slower. I'm always amazed when a high MR leaves because a certain frame, build, or abilities are being used that they just don't like or don't want to deal with. Instead of communicating that they leave. Don't join PUB and waste everyone else's time. Go to recruiting.

I would recommend that, because they don't get to keep these, the resources and experience they gained from that mission should be dispersed between everyone currently in the mission. This would help to lower the amount of people who leave the mission after one or more people have dropped out as you would lose all the extra resources. It also allows the few people who stay to not feel completely screwed over if it takes longer, harder enemies, etc.

This is just an opinion though xD feel free to add to it :clem:

People of all levels leave games at any point for any reason. Pick up games are just that. The point of a PUG is to not feel committed to a specific setup or to have to go a certain amount of time. While it can be unfortunate you experience this with high level players, there are plenty of people in every region at any Mastery Rank who leave a game for any reason.

On the contrary to your request to send people to recruit chat, you could also do the same to ensure commitment within your squad. You cannot hold players hostage because you want the mission done at a certain pace or with specific numbers of players within the squad.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I only do that when I'm matched with people running press-4-to-win frames or spin2win. Clearly I'm not needed, nor do they need other teammates, to complete the mission. I also leave halfway through if leeches are in the team. I'm not gonna carry lazy players, and I'm not gonna give them the privilege to leech from someone else.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Are you running a Stasis Limbo?

That's no longer a valid reason, seeing as how Limbo's bullet freezing was removed.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Hahah high mr doesn’t care about resources or experience. Most higher mr’s have the resources they need. I will def leave mid mish if the others are doing annoying things or just not contributing in any form. I see a frame I don’t like for sure ima bail. Sounds like you need to stop gettting carried and learn to survive on your own. Stop depending on “high mr” players to do your work.

That is all of your choices to leave but that is now forcing the other players to ask "now do I want the resources or time". 

You're right, high MR doesn't mean anything. Anyone can leave.

If you have to leave the mission anyways for whatever reason you lose your exp and resources. You lose nothing by letting the others take what you have lost.

I don't understand the backlash here as you don't get to keep the resources leaving anyways. Even if you leave without communicating that doesn't stop others from feeling negative about it.

Edited by (PS4)DicedSevens

9 minutes ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

Hahah high mr doesn’t care about resources or experience. Most higher mr’s have the resources they need. I will def leave mid mish if the others are doing annoying things or just not contributing in any form. I see a frame I don’t like for sure ima bail. Sounds like you need to stop gettting carried and learn to survive on your own. Stop depending on “high mr” players to do your work.

I am MR17 xD I can carry myself. Doesn't stop me from feeling negative when the person leaves me with either noobs, by myself, etc. 

You lose your resources and experience anyways. Why not give those to those still playing?

Now that gives the other players time to decide if their time is worth it or the resources are.

Sorry to phrase it as "high MR" I'm guessing people are immediately getting defensive about that. You don't get to keep the resources anyways.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DicedSevens said:

That is all of your choices to leave but that is now forcing the other players to ask "now do I want to resources or time". 

You're right, high MR doesn't mean anything.

If you have to leave the mission anyways for whatever reason you lose your exp and resources. You lose nothing by letting the others take what you have lost.

I don't get what you are going for. Are you really just greedy, is that it? "Well they left so they aren't getting those things, so I should." The image i'm getting in my head is you munching on the leftovers at a table in a restaurant after those guests have left. That stuff is not yours, you already have yours. What makes you feel entitled to the resources of others, whether they get them or not?

Your OP seemed to be arguing 2 different points, but it seems like the one you really care about is not about players leaving, just wanting their stuff. Sounds pretty pathetic to be honest. Go earn your rewards, and don't concern yourself with what others are/are not getting.

Your error of thinking comes from assuming they all leave for malicious reasons. People have lives outside this game and things happen. Plenty of times I have sat down to play only to be interrupted by something. Making posts like this serves no purpose and solves nothing, too many variables to make a solution. 

Just now, Azlen said:

I don't get what you are going for. Are you really just greedy, is that it? "Well they left so they aren't getting those things, so I should." The image i'm getting in my head is you munching on the leftovers at a table in a restaurant after those guests have left. That stuff is not yours, you already have yours. What makes you feel entitled to the resources of others, whether they get them or not?

Your OP seemed to be arguing 2 different points, but it seems like the one you really care about is not about players leaving, just wanting their stuff. Sounds pretty pathetic to be honest. Go earn your rewards, and don't concern yourself with what others are/are not getting.

It deters others from getting up and just leaving too.

Just now, (XB1)DeadFall526 said:

Your error of thinking comes from assuming they all leave for malicious reasons. People have lives outside this game and things happen. Plenty of times I have sat down to play only to be interrupted by something. Making posts like this serves no purpose and solves nothing, too many variables to make a solution. 

Even if not malicious why not reward those who stayed? You don't get to keep the resources.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DicedSevens said:

Even if not malicious why not reward those who stayed? You don't get to keep the resources.

I couldnt tell you man, I have Nidus/Inaros, I rarely run anything with people anymore , so this isnt really a problem for me anymore. So to answer your question, this might be a question for the devs.

Just now, (PS4)DicedSevens said:

It deters others from getting up and just leaving too.

It doesn't. If anything, it would encourage being an ass to annoy people into leaving in order to try to get more resources from their absence. Again, sounds pretty damn pathetic.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DicedSevens said:

You don't deserve any bonus reward for staying. The mission scales down to the current level of players. It adjusts accordingly so you aren't doing anything deserving of rewards. "YOU DIDN'T LEAVE oh lord this amazing Tenno, we must validate him with bonus rewards because he didn't quit." Why aren't you getting this? Do nothing. Get nothing. 

I won't leave but I find out that the 3 low MRs are leeching then I will not help them at all. Yesterday i was doing a PUB meso defense mission I had a rank 11 rhino (MR 4), rank 13 frost (MR 4), and rank 10 Ash prime (MR 5).

Here's what Rhino did, he tried melee every enemy to death and would spam emotes.

Here's what Frost did, he would stay in his snow globe and would run away whenever enemies entered it or destroyed it

Here's what Ash prime did, when invisible all the time and would run away if he didn't have enough energy.

So on the last round I decided to not help them at all and our conversation in chat when like this

Frost: Where did Hydroid prime go he's suppose to killing things for us

Me: I've been doing everything and I'm not using  my 4 or 1, let's see of you guys can do this on your own

Ash prime: Hydroid, just kill them for us so we can get out stuff and go

Me: No

Rhino: please 

So we all failed the mission and all 3 of those Leechers were mad at me.

Edited by (XB1)Cooldog234jr

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cooldog234jr said:

I won't leave but I find out that the 3 low MRs are leeching then I will not help them at all. Yesterday i was doing a PUB meso defense mission I had a rank 11 rhino (MR 4), rank 13 frost (MR 4), and rank 10 Ash prime (MR 5).

Here's what Rhino did, he tried melee every enemy to death and would spam emotes.

Here's what Frost did, he would stay in his snow globe and would run away whenever enemies entered it or destroyed it

Here's what Ash prime did, when invisible all the time and would run away if he didn't have enough energy.

So on the last round I decided to not help them at all and our conversation in chat when like this

Frost: Where did Hydroid prime go he's suppose to killing things for use

Me: I've been doing everything and I'm not using  my 4 or 1, let's see of you guys can do this on your own

Ash prime: Hydroid, just kill them for us so we can get out stuff and go

Rhino: please 

So we all failed the mission and all 3 of those Leechers were mad at me.

#*!% them. Good for you. Since they couldn't do it themselves they would also lose the resources and pretty much all the exp even if you left.

This entire thread has just gone to people saying they would rather their items go into the void and no one have them, as you don't get them, and #*!% everyone else.

Great none toxic community, guys xD 

Ok, I get it, no one wants to share what is not theirs to begin with.

I leave PUB matches mostly because there are more important things to do that pop up out of nowhere. I don't mind leechers or really bad builds on some warframes, i can carry people. But if life comes out of nowhere and i have to do some things, i am outta there.

Well, it IS pub, you can't expect much from anyone, but you should never be forced to stay in the game if you don't like how things are going.

I myself only leave mid mission when I get more than 1 leecher (if only 1 I just report) or when I get a speed volt that keeps forcing me to backflip every 10 sec.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)DicedSevens said:

This entire thread has just gone to people saying they would rather their items go into the void and no one have them, as you don't get them, and #*!% everyone else.

Ok, I get it, no one wants to share what is not theirs to begin with.

Resources and stuff dumped into the void? I think the billions and trillions of credits that get dumped into the void for trade tax are much more of an issue that what is "lost" due to people leaving a squad lol.  Which... really isnt that big of an issue at all.

Edited by Sin1989

hace 6 minutos, (PS4)DicedSevens dijo:

You got the same amount of resources than the others, if you want more use nekros every time but you greedy never gonna have enough, is just your personal problem.