Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE RERURN OF THE RIFT SIGIL!

-HoB-KurtOn

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Why?

Other people having it doesn't devalue the cosmetic item.  If it reduces your enjoyment simply because other people have it, that's more of a you issue than a DE issue.

I'm all for people having it but the thing was originally designed to be rewarded as a challenging reward. This time around it's far simpler to obtain since everything we have is far stronger nowadays. Where has the challenge gone??

If it was a me issue I wouldn't address long time players as a whole. In all honesty how many ways of showing are long time player status do we have now? 

Do you see my point I'm making it's that DE are slowly taking away the things we long time players worked for and giving them out much easier. 

Overall the game needs more challenging content right now. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Dova Seniorious said:

I'm all for people having it but the thing was originally designed to be rewarded as a challenging reward. This time around it's far simpler to obtain since everything we have is far stronger nowadays. Where has the challenge gone??

If it was a me issue I wouldn't address long time players as a whole. In all honesty how many ways of showing are long time player status do we have now? 

Do you see my point I'm making it's that DE are slowly taking away the things we long time players worked for and giving them out much easier. 

Please tell me you don't actually go around snubbing newer players for not being around during these few alerts or spending their time grinding an RNG drop chance for your bubbly sigil.

Warframe doesn't need those kinds of players.

Spoiler

Oops you're doing it in this thread rip

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Dova Seniorious said:

The original TA the Rift Sigil was rewarded from was not a challenge, it was a gear check.  I ran it 3 times to help my clan mates through it and as long as you went full META and paid attention, it was as boring as an1 hour Survival with a META loadout.

How do long term players show of how long they've played?  Not ll long time players want or need to show that off.  From personal experience, showing off makes you a target to newer players who just demand free stuff and berate you until you drop them on ignore. 

As to how many ways; play time, event badges, score counts on their profiles, screenshots.  Sigils and weapons are simply the easiest way of showing off how long you've been around.

I see that you're trying to make an appeal towards exclusivity that this game doesn't need.  Look at the mess that is the Founders program every time it's brought up; there will never be a solution that makes everyone 100% satisfied.  

As to whether or not the game is challenging; that's a largely subjective topic.  There are a couple threads about it, I suggest checking them out.  Mainly though, what you find challenging, I find tedious and boring, or vice versa.  

4 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Please tell me you don't actually go around snubbing newer players for not being around during these few alerts or spending their time grinding an RNG drop chance for your bubbly sigil.

Warframe doesn't need those kinds of players.

Reveal hidden contents

Oops you're doing it in this thread rip

I'm not... I'm saying that something like the rift sigil should be returning as a challenging item to obtain. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Dova Seniorious said:

I'm not... I'm saying that something like the rift sigil should be returning as a challenging item to obtain. 

Define challenge.  

In a broad sense, give me an example that the millions of players all agree on. 

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Dova Seniorious said:

Rip the exclusivity behind this sigil. 

Yet another thing taken away from long time players. 

Watch them bring back event badges next. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Define challenge.  

In a broad sense, give me an example that the millions of players all agree on. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5626186

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

1 minute ago, (XB1)Dova Seniorious said:

This is challenging... I have to find time in my RL schedule to fit in 50 or so minutes.

Oh you mean game challenging... there is nothing in this game truly challenging other than trying patience.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The original TA the Rift Sigil was rewarded from was not a challenge, it was a gear check.  I ran it 3 times to help my clan mates through it and as long as you went full META and paid attention, it was as boring as an1 hour Survival with a META loadout.

How do long term players show of how long they've played?  Not ll long time players want or need to show that off.  From personal experience, showing off makes you a target to newer players who just demand free stuff and berate you until you drop them on ignore. 

As to how many ways; play time, event badges, score counts on their profiles, screenshots.  Sigils and weapons are simply the easiest way of showing off how long you've been around.

I see that you're trying to make an appeal towards exclusivity that this game doesn't need.  Look at the mess that is the Founders program every time it's brought up; there will never be a solution that makes everyone 100% satisfied.  

As to whether or not the game is challenging; that's a largely subjective topic.  There are a couple threads about it, I suggest checking them out.  Mainly though, what you find challenging, I find tedious and boring, or vice versa.  

Shut up. It was not a gear check. It was a joke that DE did and they said they were suprised that people figured out how to beat it. Back then, the game was not filled with so much power creep. Me and friends worked hard to get the sigil and now DE basically just giving it for free.

Just now, Eidolon_Slayer said:

*quack*

lol

Anyway, yeah, Founders will always have the truest of Exclusives and I genuinely don't care about that. At one point I advocated for a reallocation of the associated mastery affinity, because it was the difference between max MR at the time but now, feh.  People who joined after me are MR 24 already.  

The only thing that should be 100% exclusive, are event badges.  Beyond that, fair game.

1 minute ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

Shut up. It was not a gear check. It was a joke that DE did and they said they were suprised that people figured out how to beat it. Back then, the game was not filled with so much power creep. Me and friends worked hard to get the sigil and now DE basically just giving it for free.

Yeah, sure, it was real hard.

2 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

See somebody else understands. Thankyou sir. 

For me I did it solo with Valkyr alongside a bunch of specters so I was constantly having to kill enemies and manage points while the specters were bait. 

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

lol

Anyway, yeah, Founders will always have the truest of Exclusives and I genuinely don't care about that. At one point I advocated for a reallocation of the associated mastery affinity, because it was the difference between max MR at the time but now, feh.  People who joined after me are MR 24 already.  

The only thing that should be 100% exclusive, are event badges.  Beyond that, fair game.

Badges don't really mean much imho. I see people wear fancy symbols on their shoulders, but it passes me like a common ad on a bus - nothing special / don't care.

2 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Badges don't really mean much imho. I see people wear fancy symbols on their shoulders, but it passes me like a common ad on a bus - nothing special / don't care.

I collect them because I want them, but they're not so I can rub other peoples faces in them.  /shrug

Exclusive badges are ultimately harmless as they don't offer a significant #fashionframe nor do they give any affinity.   Perfect rewards, really.

Just now, MagPrime said:

I collect them because I want them, but they're not so I can rub other peoples faces in them.  /shrug

Exclusive badges are ultimately harmless as they don't offer a significant #fashionframe nor do they give any affinity.   Perfect rewards, really.

Wasn't judging you, but those that I've seen who place a heavy emphasis on badges.

Your second line got me thinking.... Arcane badges? powercreep.

2 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Wasn't judging you, but those that I've seen who place a heavy emphasis on badges.

Your second line got me thinking.... Arcane badges? powercreep.

...I only support this because it would make so many people scream and I'm feeling sadistic right now.

Edited by MagPrime