Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE RERURN OF THE RIFT SIGIL!

-HoB-KurtOn

Nobody has ever noticed the Rift sigil and thought either of those things, I can guarantee it.

I've actually had multiple people comment on mine since I first got it during phoenix intercept. It was just kinda a thing where people who were in the know could distinguish you as a veteran player. But I totally agree with Crixus here I'm not mad that the sigil came back I'm just mad at how much easier it is to obtain, we had to fight lvl 150+ enemies to get it waay back in the day when are weapons and frames were much weaker. I would have loved to have fought some lvl 500s+ just for the fun of it during this tac alert.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)SummitRain said:

I've actually had multiple people comment on mine since I first got it during phoenix intercept. It was just kinda a thing where people who were in the know could distinguish you as a veteran player. But I totally agree with Crixus here I'm not mad that the sigil came back I'm just mad at how much easier it is to obtain, we had to fight lvl 150+ enemies to get it waay back in the day when are weapons and frames were much weaker. I would have loved to have fought some lvl 500s+ just for the fun of it during this tac alert.

I'm glad we agree, especially since you're a very high level youtuber with some strong rep. That's exactly right though. I'm not against the rift sigil coming back. In fact, I want more of it, but I'm not in favor of making it just another item in the drawer. There's no story to it, not rep, nothing. I'm sure people asked how you got that sigil and you had a really cool story to tell about it. It isn't elitist to want this. Elitist implies that only a select few can get it and those few should flex their skills to be above everyone else, but this is not true for the situation here. Anybody could complete a hard tactical alert. It isn't THAT hard, and they would've gotten a nice story and a cool experience behind it. In fact, with it having such qualities to it, it would probably have been used MORE than it will now since it is almost like a pride symbol.

6 hours ago, Dragazer said:

I'm with you on this as well, 8 rounds of level 150 melee only intercept was something back in the day. No op galatine prime existed at the time (only weapons the tact alert let us use were heavy blades which at the time we only had galatine, gram, and scindo/prime. There were no acolyte mods like maiming strike or blood rush or body count back then. Condition overload did not exist back then, riven mods did not exist back then. So our weapons barely did dmg. No infinite energy zenurik or focus system in general existed back then.

Plus we something called "conclave score" on our mods back then, which were values on our mods dictated by their relative strength. The phoenix intercept alert at the time set a very low conclave score meaning you were really limited on what mods you could equip on your frame and weapon.

I don't care that the sigil is exclusive or not but at least make it challenging to obtain. With the gear we have now, this tactical alert is an absolute joke of a challenge compared to what we had to deal with back in the day.

YES remember that Conclave Score,was a pain

yet we manage to do soo,,Now  would be unthinkable to force a player to reduce fire power,that's where we are.Sad

Edited by Ouinpis

This TA perfectly reflects situation in WF these days, where, IMO, the point break was change from Void keys to Relics, it was like “Quality over Quantity” changed to “Quantity over Quality”, nothing encourages players these days to become Stronger, unfortunately they are weaker and game is softened and we are surprised that there is no “hard content”. I can’t imagine how much polluted with complains Forums will be when the last mission will be 16 rounds of Deflection and the Rift Sigil will be Drop and not guaranteed Reward.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Chille said:

Atleast I know my collection of arcane helmets will always be unique lol, but still im happy that other folk can get the rift sigil, I already had it 

same Here,,And done quest few time

no big  deal to help

even if some ppl get pissed off

3 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Stop crying. Unless DE specifically states something is exclusive - i.e. Excal Prime - then it is not exclusive. End of story.

I started this game while it was in its closed beta, and obtained many items/cosmetics that, at the time, were very hard or rare to come by. Do you see me complaining up a storm because other people have the chance to obtain them? Please.

Not only that, those of you who are saying this event is "easy" need to get out of your damn max level fully maxed gear "I can just press a button and everything dies" mindset. The majority of new, mid level, and even some higher level players will find this event - especially the last mission - difficult. Alot of players don't have the ability to mitigate the amount of energy drain that goes on; much less the damage output these enemies are dishing out. So get off your high horse - this isn't just "given", and it does provide a tough challenge for the majority of newer players.

You got it during the "joke" event? Congratulations, you can lord that over everyone still if you seriously want to. Just know you're going to continue to make both yourself and our veteran community look bad.

I can confirm that for newer players this TA is taxing.  I've had a handful spending most of the time struggling with it before asking one or two of the veteran players for help. 

It's a breeze for people who have the gear to handle it.  I took my Sancti Tigris and was 1 shotting Hyenas, so this thing was...easy. 

So, to everyone bellyaching about challenge; this is pretty challenging for players who haven't been here for years. 

Your requirements have been met.

You can go home now, and take your pitchforks with you. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This TA perfectly reflects situation in WF these days, where, IMO, the point break was change from Void keys to Relics, it was like “Quality over Quantity” changed to “Quantity over Quality”, nothing encourages players these days to become Stronger, unfortunately they are weaker and game is softened and we are surprised that there is no “hard content”. I can’t imagine how much polluted with complains Forums will be when the last mission will be 16 rounds of Deflection and the Rift Sigil will be Drop and not guaranteed Reward.

Void keys were quality over quantity?

Those missions are still in game, fully able to test your supposed skill. Unless you need to be rewarded for "skill" at bypassing a system that should kick you out.

Players are stronger in nearly every respect since the keys were changed. There's only one kind of pollution that seems to permeate the forums these days and it isn't from the people you seem to think are less than you.

12 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Void keys were quality over quantity?

Those missions are still in game, fully able to test your supposed skill. Unless you need to be rewarded for "skill" at bypassing a system that should kick you out.

Players are stronger in nearly every respect since the keys were changed. There's only one kind of pollution that seems to permeate the forums these days and it isn't from the people you seem to think are less than you.

My Dear, be kind and don’t Quote me if you missing the point. 

I'm pretty sure I went through two or three life-changing experiences and epiphanies while waiting for the last mission to end. By the time it was over not a single member of the squad I joined was left except for me.

In fact the only other person who bothered to stick around until the very end was a vauban who joined halfway through (well, it felt like halfway. Probably wasn't actually that far into it). lol

Edited by Legion-Shields

On 2018-07-28 at 1:15 PM, (XB1)Dova Seniorious said:

I'm all for people having it but the thing was originally designed to be rewarded as a challenging reward. This time around it's far simpler to obtain since everything we have is far stronger nowadays. Where has the challenge gone??

The game is easier (or rather, easier to do with more of the tools available), but there has always been cheese in Warframe that lets you get through any content at any level without much risk or effort. While the bottom end of the game has been brought up and more somewhat-successful builds can now vie with the best of them, there has always been easy-cheese. If I recall correctly, during Phoenix Intercept the big cheese was RJ Excalibur with the broken level of Trinity we used to have. Excal would spam Radial Blind for CC and Radial Javelin for damage. Trin would do the Trin thing and provide infinite Energy, instant heals and insane damage reduction the whole time. Pretty much everything we have nowadays is stronger, yes, but the old cheese we had back then removed all semblance of challenge with fewer button presses. If we wanna say "challenging reward", we have to keep in mind that any kind of challenge back then was pretty subjective and (with a meta setup) entirely optional.

In the end, this thing being whined over is a cosmetic that projects a bit of shimmery energy on your Warframe. That's it. It doesn't give you extra stats, gameplay advantage or access to anything new in-game. It's a very basic cosmetic that rarely gets noticed by other players anyway. Having the Rift Sigil or not, other players aren't really going to care how long you've been playing this game, and if a player needs a shimmery energy cosmetic to validate their own self-worth, or their worth as a player of a game, I honestly think they need to reassess their priorities. It's just a game.

Edited by SenorClipClop

12 hours ago, Xirka said:

12 hours ago, Aldrr said:

6 hours ago, Squick said:

I can understand your points from your perspective but don't confuse some things. Let me clarify

12 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I am extremely happy the rift sigil has finally made its return. A new era of players can complete their fashion frame with it

Again, my gripe is not the item or its return. This ain't the founder pack.

I don't know, i think all the importance of the Rift Sigil was self-created. I felt great when i got it back during the original TA but nothing more. 

Though it is true that the other times it was either hardcore playing, or hardcore farming, this time is so much easier. 

To be honest what i would definitely like would be to have an Escalation TA mission that is as hard as the old Phoenix Interception one, something like lv 1500 enemies on weapon and loadout restriction... Something that needs proper planning to address 😄

Edited by Autongnosis

Less, kiddy-like than the previous post about this. But, it's amazing how highly these certain few but, special people who had the rift sigil before this event sees themselves at. No matter what words you use, you'll come off as an elitist prick being angry, that now more people than the previous few have the same sigil.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Now, player who can finally get the rift sigil, don't have that story behind it like it use to.

Then this should be enough for you, know that you, the amazing guy who completed that previous event, the all-star Champion of the game. Leader not by choice but for having the rift sigil before so many others, is great. And with that, let the new players who wasn't playing back then or just got it now, enjoy it. I don't think they'll loose any sleep over that they "don't have that story behind it like it use to".

Edited by haloamted

12 часов назад, peterc3 сказал:

Nobody has ever noticed the Rift sigil and thought either of those things, I can guarantee it.

^

The only two possible things people could've thought if gave any thoughts at all are " I want one" or "I'm indifferent to it". No one fcn cares what kind of mission you've played, no one even remembers it's name or what kind of a mission it was.

Цитата

But I totally agree with Crixus here I'm not mad that the sigil came back I'm just mad at how much easier it is to obtain, we had to fight lvl 150+ enemies to get it waay back in the day when are weapons and frames were much weaker.

It's not directed at you but honestly - cry me a river.

You already had cp. You know that. It was a pve event now that I googled it for the first time, for some reason I thought it was pvp - which MIGHT at least meant something but no. It's just another mindless pve. The only reason why it was "hard" for some is not because weapons were weaker but because you had no experience with this kind of thing. When sorties were new, they were also hard especially for regualr players. Now mrs 10 pug them them and feel nothing.

Also those who fought for gold trohpy especially for ghost/solo clans in the Ambulas reborn event had to face - if they were actually playing it and not sitting there, squatting, intentionally prolonging each wave lv 500 to 1000 enemies. I did so for example. You don't see me asking to get rewarded for because those throphies are hardly a reward (it's mostly was affinity anyway) and don't see bragging about it left an right. Why? Because just like that interception it wasn't difficult even tho it probably was more difficult since it's defense where you had to kill to continue. But regardless, level measn nothing. The only thing it means is how long you have to be hitting the mobs for tehm to die. I'm sorry but awarding someone something just because he sat there until hiss butt got square is pretty bad as it is.

Also last but not least. Valkyr that can get energy from pads while in hysteria. And just in general a bunch of other warframes like Loki or Nova existed already. Yeeeah. So effing difficult.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sorry, but I wanted the Sigil.

learn to share.

Please read the following below from my original post.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I am extremely happy the rift sigil has finally made its return. A new era of players can complete their fashion frame with it,

Before you make a post, make sure you understand the topic. Congratulations on getting the Sigil.

Personally I've never really cared for it, when we got that thing, I remember it took a while to figure out the right combination of frames, and although some people call that cheese.. it's also called being a vet, knowing the game mechanics so well that you can assemble a squad specifically designed to achieve an objective. Yeah there were likely players who got a taxi through from their clanmates and maybe to them it seemed like cheese, but to the players that designed squads to make it achievable with what we had back then.. that was skill.

Only sigil thing I wear is the one for the gustrag upside down and that doesn't really speak to any kind of elitism. It's cool that new players get a shot at a sigil they have coveted for so long, shame it was significantly less difficult to obtain and becomes one less thing vet players have to distinguish themselves visually from others.

Based on the above you might wonder, "ok so he doesn't even want or care about it or prestige or anything so what's the big deal?"

I have clanmates and friends playing who came up with brilliant solutions back in the day to form squads that got the rift sigil, they didn't have the cash to buy founders, and they have continued to support DE for a lot of years. To them, that sigil was one thing special that felt like a thank you from DE for supporting their game. The longer it remained exclusive, the more special it became commensurate with their continued support of the game.

To a player who obtained it, maybe it doesn't say, "that guy has skill". What it did mean when someone asked how they got it (and yeah people have asked my clanmates / friends that wear it how they got it often) "this player has been around supporting the game for a while now". To some people, it's nice to be recognized for things they do, right? I cannot fault them on feeling like this as it strikes me as reasonable.