Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Endless" Mission Rework

MonsieurBMW

I've noticed while playing with random people everyone leaves after rotation C of any "Endless" Mission, why is there nothing to make people want to go further than wave 20 in Defense, 20 minutes in Survival, 4 Excavators in Excavation, etc. I feel like we need something to make going let's say an hour in Survival worth our time, at the moment we waste a lot of time doing something that is much more difficult for a chance at the exact same thing we could be getting at the much lower level cap. I know the endless missions are one of the best portions of Warframe they're just really lacking in reward for the amount of effort required to go long periods of time.

5 minutes ago, MonsieurBMW said:

I've noticed while playing with random people everyone leaves after rotation C of any "Endless" Mission, why is there nothing to make people want to go further than wave 20 in Defense, 20 minutes in Survival, 4 Excavators in Excavation, etc. I feel like we need something to make going let's say an hour in Survival worth our time, at the moment we waste a lot of time doing something that is much more difficult for a chance at the exact same thing we could be getting at the much lower level cap. I know the endless missions are one of the best portions of Warframe they're just really lacking in reward for the amount of effort required to go long periods of time.

It's because people don't want to sit through all A rotations just to get back to B and C rotations.

What DE needs to do is be able to have the endless mission reward structure do something like:

Time | Rotation
5 | A
10 | A
15 | B
20 | C
25 | A
30 | B
35 | C
40 | B
45 | C
50 | B
55 | C
60 | B
65+ | C

That would give players three different ways to play the mission stay for 10, stay for 60, or stay indefinitely.

I think the answer is in the endgame topic.

Currently there are no reward for endurance run 'yet' maybe one of the reason why we don't go that far

But let me bring up another reasons, Either we don't have time for it or we just got bored of running endless with random people.

Some may bring up the scaling, But I only find that reasonable when running T4 void because enemy's damage is 3 times more rediculous.

For my taste atleast, I would like to have Field boss show up every 2 rotations to drop relic.

I know corrupted vor is very annoying boss to listen, But more reward is ok.

Or make the reward multiply by 2 every 4 rotations and 3 every 8 rotations.

DE doesn't care that people want to sit in the same mission for hours. After 20, aka AABC, you're going for whatever reason, but you aren't going to be rewarded for it. If it would work out that players would feel punished for not spending tons of time in the same mission, it's a nonstarter.

It's not that DE doesn't care it is that they haven't patched but minimally the Endless missions. All endless needs to have patches both in functionality and AI enemy behavior cause sometimes it bugs out and just dies.

Until they fix how they function I'm afraid of them adding more rewards or making it better to go longer because if you still get stuck with no spawns then you won't get the higher tier either

On 2018-07-28 at 10:02 PM, MonsieurBMW said:

Blame the rewards we get. No Reward Scaling = lack of reason for long runs. I’m confused why Ophelia have similar rewards as Mot. But whatever, it’s better to farm in the higher levels because of the unbalanced Reward scaling. The amount of endo you get in a 20 - 25 mission after you played there for 1 hour 40 mins is the same you played a lvl 40 - 45 mission for 10 mins. But even there, you would get the AABC rewards for a hour+ straight. So to enjoy High level enemies, you have to forget about the Rewards. If the players are going for the rewards, they would go for short runs just to get what they want. It’s easier to reach lvl 150 - 200+ or lower Solo since you are in full control of the mission and nobody is forcing you to leave.

On 2018-07-28 at 10:26 PM, nameomnz said:

I know corrupted vor is very annoying boss to listen

I would love for DE to shorten his Speech because he be saying “Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno used the keys, but they are near Trespassers. Only i, Vor, know the true power of the Void. Know i would stop them. Now i have changed. Reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound, to the Void. You cannot blame these Creatures, they are lead by a false Profit. A imposter, who don’t know the Secrets of the Void. The Tenno are lost, and they will exist. While i, Vor, will cleanse this place with their Impurity.” After you killed him, he would say “i was cut in half, destroyed. Through the Janus Key, the Void called to me. They brought me here and here i was reborned. Behold they cut me down but still i speak, i am energy and i cannot be destroyed. This death is Temporary. My Existence is forever. I cannot be destroyed” if it was about as long as Stalker’s speech, he would be fine.

There ARE rewards for endless runs. And if you're opening relics, you may actually end up with more relics than you spend, depending on RNG.

Copy-paste from a google search:

Every time you open a Relic, you get a predetermined booster. These boosters stack the longer you stay.

• The first interval: 1.25x Affinity.
  • The second interval: 1.25x Credits.
  • The third interval: 1.25x Resources.
  • The fourth interval: 1.25x Resource Drop Rate.
  • The fifth interval: a random Exceptional Relic (that can be used in the same mission).
  • The sixth interval: 1.5x Affinity (replaces first).
  • The seventh interval: 1.5x Credits (replaces second).
  • The eighth interval: 1.5x Resources (replaces third).
  • The ninth interval: 1.5x Resource Drop Rate (replaces fourth).
  • The tenth interval: a higher tier random Flawless Relic (that can be used in the same mission).
  • Boosters continue to increase every set of intervals and are capped at double (2x). After the nineteenth interval, all boosters reached their cap.

After the first "round", you get the first interval bonus. Same goes for all other bonuses. The relic that drops is directly sent to your inventory, allowing you to immediately use said relic during the next round's relic pick. It is not an end-of-mission reward, as the wiki clearly states that it can be used in the same mission, and it is for that reason you will not see it in the mission reward list.

Edit2: Keep in mind that Resource Booster and Resource Drop Rate Booster stack multiplicatively. So, go to a fissure on a planet which has the resources you need. It's not as much as organized farming, but it's extra rewards.

Edit: Regarding Vor in the Void, I love his speeches. But sometimes he bugs out, doesn't let other enemies spawn or if he appears between waves, the next wave doesn't start. A guaranteed Orokin Cell would make him more welcome, though.

Edited by Uthael

On 2018-07-30 at 6:09 AM, Uthael said:

There ARE rewards for endless runs.

This only occurs for Fissures, I am referring to any and all endless missions including the new SO and ESO. Fissures are not all there is to end game, and I really hope that remains the case because doing literally the exact same thing for the rest of the time playing this game I'd be gone in a heartbeat.. Games are supposed to cater to all play styles and yes I know that is really difficult and DE is doing an excellent job already, but there is room for improvement.

On 2018-07-29 at 3:19 AM, peterc3 said:

DE doesn't care that people want to sit in the same mission for hours. After 20, aka AABC, you're going for whatever reason, but you aren't going to be rewarded for it. If it would work out that players would feel punished for not spending tons of time in the same mission, it's a nonstarter.

If this game was only catering towards new players no one would end up playing this game and spending $100's on cosmetics, if they feel punished for not spending tons of time in missions that's not anyone's fault but their own for thinking it's the only way to do things. you would not be required to get to 60+ minutes to get different stuff, only to get a higher rate of drops than if you were to leave at 20.

~ I purely want some sort of reward system for ALL ENDLESS MISSIONS set in place that gradually increases rewards, even if it's only resource/credit boosts in the missions LIKE Fissures, although having the extra Relic drop would be nice, maybe make it the further you go you start to get enhanced relics. Yes I know this is already in a couple of the mission types but others are really lacking at the moment.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Almagnus1 said:

It's because people don't want to sit through all A rotations just to get back to B and C rotations.

What DE needs to do is be able to have the endless mission reward structure do something like:

Time | Rotation
5 | A
10 | A
15 | B
20 | C
25 | A
30 | B
35 | C
40 | B
45 | C
50 | B
55 | C
60 | B
65+ | C

That would give players three different ways to play the mission stay for 10, stay for 60, or stay indefinitely.

yes scramble the eggs after 20 is great Idea &  for fissure part be nice to always have least 1 endless /era open at all time

don't like to wait.i close the game

If I remember correctly, DE does not want to incentivize long play sessions, that is, that allow if you want but don't want to give you a reward for it. Presumably since it's an unhealthy thing to do and will invariably force people that don't want to do long runs to do them (or have nerfed drop rates), or grandly inconvenience those that want and have leavers that don't want.