Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on 100% status on Sobek

JVargo

Question

I'm really more of a bullet hose kind of player, I've never really enjoyed using shotguns. They usually have plenty of damage but I always felt they had way too much downtime and just didn't feel good to use overall. For whatever reason though I always thought the Sobek looked kinda cool, and I finally decided on a whim to make one. I can't really explain why but I love it! I want to use it. I want to make it part of my regular loadout for doing tier 5 bounties and sorties solo. So basically, I need to try to get the most I can out of it without a Riven until I can either afford to buy some plat or get lucky.

Now to listen to random chatter in the community you might be inclined to believe that if you can get 100% status before multishot you automatically win the game. But testing this on the same thing I test all my builds on, level 100 Corrupted Bombards, it just doesn't feel very satisfying. The most effective combo I tried was corrosive/blast, which took about 15 shots and has the annoying drawback of knocking them down. What I'm left wondering is if I'm giving up too much in order to achieve that 100% status. Could I be getting more out of Sobek with two 90 mods, Blaze, and Vigilante Armaments? I'd test it myself but I'm currently waiting on forma to cook. In the meantime I'd like to know what everyone thinks about 100% status on shotguns, whether it's always worth it, or if this is a case of just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Current Build

Primed Point Blank | Hell's Chamber | Shattering Justice | Acid Shells

Toxic Barrage | Shell Shock | Frigid Blast | Scattering Inferno

Proposed Build

Primed Point Blank | Hell's Chamber | Shattering Justice | Acid Shells

Contagious Spread | Charged Shell | Blaze | Vigilante Armaments

11 answers to this question

Edit: My Sobek have riven with multishot and toxin and I can get it to 100% with only corrosive elemental, 

Tho If you want to put the sobek into full potential you have to use it with ash / oberon or any warframe that can removes armor on multiple enemies then mod it with viral without having riven or 100%.

I would like to show my sobek build without riven but Warframe builder isn't really function for me atm.

Edited by nameomnz

Yeah 100% status blast/corrosive can be very viable, but I don't particularly enjoy it. Things really start to pick up if you can get ahold of a riven with status chance (or Nano-applicator), allowing you to go for corrosive/fire or cold (with the benefit of less of the secondary element which will increase corrosive proc rate), or with a really good status riven, just corrosive by itself.

Though if you want to try to make a non-100% status build that can take you far... you'd probably still need a riven.

Edited by rapt0rman

5 hours ago, nameomnz said:

My Sobek have riven with multishot and toxin and I can get it to 100% with only corrosive elemental

That's not "true" 100% Status then though, you need to reach 100% before Multishot
for the broken every-pellet-is-guaranteed-to-proc "feature" to kick in.

FWIW, I've decided on a raw damage Sobek, that works nicely in combination with e.g.
Nova (yay quick AMD charge) and Frost (no procs on frozen enemies anyway),
the combined kerbooms of Acid Shells and their 4's on-death blast is nifty 😄

Did what i could since I had a Sobek riven with 130%+ Status Chance and only missing Acid Shells from your proposed build which doesn't mean much. Also used my riven to replaced Shattering Justice since I don't have that.

Basically 100% status shreds armor faster and its most effective on heavy armored folks like Bombards and level 120+. If its the normal sorties or star chart folks there should be very little difference. 

Added a 100% status Kohm to show why when 100% status shotguns, Kohm is being used more than other shotguns apart from Tigers Prime.

You can always use Nano-applicator to get that 100% status if you don't have a Riven, and the cool thing is that the Acolytes are coming back next week so it will be a great chance to farm for it.  I run it on my Kohm for the 100% status.

7 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Why use that if the Syndicate Augment + 4x 60% Dual Stats is enough for 100%?

If the Syndicate mod Shattering Justice is going to get it to the 100% then it's more then enough. I only recommended the Nano-Applicator because it's not tied to one single weapon and it happens to be what I am personally  using.

1 hour ago, kambinks said:

Added a 100% status Kohm to show why when 100% status shotguns, Kohm is being used more than other shotguns

The video showing it is great, but for the OP the reasons are also easy to explain.  The sobek has a base 5 pellet count and deals primarily impact damage.  The kohm on the other hand has 12 pellets (at full spool) and deals slash damage.  The number of pellets gets multiplied by multishot so with Hell's chamber you are looking at 11 pellets that each proc a status effect versus 26 on the Kohm.  Your riven is stupid good because it has SC *and* MS.  You have somewhere around 45 pellets from that thing.  Then the IPS damage matters because when you proc something physical, which is often, impact sucks and slash doesn't.

I'm sure you know all that I'm just quoting you to give context.

10 hours ago, JVargo said:

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about 100% status on shotguns

100% status on shotguns is super powerful but you need the right one to make it shine.  Pellet counts, damage types and things of that sort matter.  To me the sobek isn't the right option for 100% status unless you can add a +SC riven to the mix to raise the power with additional stats like multishot or damage.

100% status is best suited for very highly level tanky single targets.  You guys are testing against 1 bombard and things like that for a reason.  That is not where the sobek wants to play.  It is a weapon that shines as a mid level room cleaner.  Acid shells makes it that.  Kill one target and that blows up additional targets in the area.  That only works if you can kill the first guy and there are other guys in the area.  Shattering justice makes it that.  The AOE proc is just like acid shells in how it functions.  Kill a bunch to fill the affinity meter and then blast everyone else.

When you are taking a full clip to down a bombard shattering justice isn't giving you anything nor is acid shells.  You are effectively running a gun with 6 mods on it in some ways.

I like the sobek quite a lot in sortie 1 level missions.  It starts to struggle more than I like in sortie 2 and by sortie 3 it is past it's sweet spot in terms of effectiveness and you can tell.  I'd just rather be using my kohm or even my boar prime. Of course a very good riven can change all of this.  My sobek riven isn't that good admittedly stats wise and I never have enough kuva to try and roll it into something better.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The video showing it is great, but for the OP the reasons are also easy to explain.  The sobek has a base 5 pellet count and deals primarily impact damage.  The kohm on the other hand has 12 pellets (at full spool) and deals slash damage.  The number of pellets gets multiplied by multishot so with Hell's chamber you are looking at 11 pellets that each proc a status effect versus 26 on the Kohm.  Your riven is stupid good because it has SC *and* MS.  You have somewhere around 45 pellets from that thing.  Then the IPS damage matters because when you proc something physical, which is often, impact sucks and slash doesn't.

I'm sure you know all that I'm just quoting you to give context.

100% status on shotguns is super powerful but you need the right one to make it shine.  Pellet counts, damage types and things of that sort matter.  To me the sobek isn't the right option for 100% status unless you can add a +SC riven to the mix to raise the power with additional stats like multishot or damage.

100% status is best suited for very highly level tanky single targets.  You guys are testing against 1 bombard and things like that for a reason.  That is not where the sobek wants to play.  It is a weapon that shines as a mid level room cleaner.  Acid shells makes it that.  Kill one target and that blows up additional targets in the area.  That only works if you can kill the first guy and there are other guys in the area.  Shattering justice makes it that.  The AOE proc is just like acid shells in how it functions.  Kill a bunch to fill the affinity meter and then blast everyone else.

When you are taking a full clip to down a bombard shattering justice isn't giving you anything nor is acid shells.  You are effectively running a gun with 6 mods on it in some ways.

I like the sobek quite a lot in sortie 1 level missions.  It starts to struggle more than I like in sortie 2 and by sortie 3 it is past it's sweet spot in terms of effectiveness and you can tell.  I'd just rather be using my kohm or even my boar prime. Of course a very good riven can change all of this.  My sobek riven isn't that good admittedly stats wise and I never have enough kuva to try and roll it into something better.

Thanks for the knowledge. I don't know the details of it too much. Just bits and pieces. I was trying to suggest that the guy look to the Kohm for a 100% status shotgun rather than the Sobek thats why I added that part just for fun.