The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Mod's "Once-Per-Account" Aquisition isn't great game design.

Sandshrew

3 hours ago, Atsia said:

True, they'd probably balance deranking with it costing the same or half the amount of endo it costs to rank it back up, but more likely making it a permanent derank across everything so you can't have a mod at rank 5 on one frame and then rank 7 on another frame.

But people do have exact mods with different ranks. IIRC my clan always recommend having two of the corrupted mods where one is at the balance point and another is maxed rank depending on the build you run. So deranking across the board would be very stupid/detrimental.

24 minutes ago, Atsia said:

True, they'd probably balance deranking with it costing the same or half the amount of endo it costs to rank it back up, but more likely making it a permanent derank across everything so you can't have a mod at rank 5 on one frame and then rank 7 on another frame.

By "across the board" are you meaning all copies of the mod, or every config a singular mod is installed on?

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

By "across the board" are you meaning all copies of the mod, or every config a singular mod is installed on?

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

But people do have exact mods with different ranks. IIRC my clan always recommend having two of the corrupted mods where one is at the balance point and another is maxed rank depending on the build you run. So deranking across the board would be very stupid/detrimental.

Like if you wanted to derank an Umbral mod, it would derank it for everything it's on

Agreed.  Under the assumption that there would be ways to forma the new polarity or get duplicates, I made the horrible mistake of ranking up some of those mods as soon as I got them.  Now I am forever locked out of making a build that I want to use, unless I leave everything I have now behind and make a new account.  You should never be punished like that for ranking up a mod.  That's just silly.

I don't see a Problem with the Umbral Mods, I decided to use all of them at Max Rank for Inaros and with a few extra Forma you can fit two of these Mods into nearly every Build. 

Also the Unranking of Mods isn't necessary in this Game. You have no limit on how many Mods you can own and its fairly easy to get every mod (except for Login rewards, wich are used at max anyways, and Umbral/Sacrifical) multiple times.

I even have Multiple Corrupted mods at different Ranks just because the work better with certain Frames/Builds. And as the acquisition of Endo/Credis was never a Problem in the Game you can always Rank up a different Copy of a Mod.

I saw Posts with Pictures of Support Replies on the Umbral Topic and all they said was that there won't be a Method with that we will be able to add Umbral to non Umbral Frames and this decision was made to reduce the Impact these Mods would have on the Powerlevel of Players. And when the 'Meta'-Players complain that they can't do all the Builds that they would like to do with these Mods then I would say they work as intended.

23 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

I don't see a Problem with the Umbral Mods, I decided to use all of them at Max Rank for Inaros and with a few extra Forma you can fit two of these Mods into nearly every Build. 

Also the Unranking of Mods isn't necessary in this Game. You have no limit on how many Mods you can own and its fairly easy to get every mod (except for Login rewards, wich are used at max anyways, and Umbral/Sacrifical) multiple times.

I even have Multiple Corrupted mods at different Ranks just because the work better with certain Frames/Builds. And as the acquisition of Endo/Credis was never a Problem in the Game you can always Rank up a different Copy of a Mod.

I saw Posts with Pictures of Support Replies on the Umbral Topic and all they said was that there won't be a Method with that we will be able to add Umbral to non Umbral Frames and this decision was made to reduce the Impact these Mods would have on the Powerlevel of Players. And when the 'Meta'-Players complain that they can't do all the Builds that they would like to do with these Mods then I would say they work as intended.

What about things like primed shred and primed sure footed? Ther eare def mods you can't get multiple times. Also, that's kind of irrelevant. It would be a nice quality of life change even if that is so.

Also, maybe you have an easy time with endo, but I know it takes me awhile to get the 20k+ for the final level, and I often am busy farming every other thing imaginableable and can't just run off to the arena for 20 hours straight to get that kind of endo.

Also, "meta players" lol.

"I do not think that words means what you think it means."

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

What about things like primed shred and primed sure footed?

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Darkuhn:

except for Login rewards, wich are used at max anyways,

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

Ther eare def mods you can't get multiple times.

other than Primed Vigor (which is a Login Mod)? Please elaborate which Mods you mean.

I don't even Farm Endo, I regularly get it as a reward from Sorties/ESO/Hieracon the later I do to Forma Weapons/Frames. Normally I have around 80k Endo sitting in my Foundry and nothing to spend it on except trying fun Builds.

I have all Primed Mods Maxed except for Primed Sure Footed (Next Login is Sigma and Octantis) and the Bane ones as I don't find them that useful. 

I even use more than one of the same maxed Primed Mod for some Loadouts, for some Sentinel weapons as well as my Primary/Melee.

Edited by Darkuhn

9 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

I have all Primed Mods Maxed except for Primed Sure Footed (Next Login is Sigma and Octantis) and the Bane ones as I don't find them that useful. 

I even use more than one of the same maxed Primed Mod for some Loadouts, for some Sentinel weapons as well as my Primary/Melee.

grats? You showed me.

(I'm way cooler as I have more primed mods at a higher rank then you than as I have the bane ones maxed other than corpus and primed quickdraw is at rank 8 atm, anyway!)

The point is your answer was dismissive and poor.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎06 at 12:00 AM, Sandshrew said:

With the addition of single-aquired umbra mods comes the new (perhaps unintended) possibility of inadvertently locking oneself permanently from many excellent builds. This new gear can be a part of the most powerful meta builds, but a misstep in leveling means you're s.o.l. forever. Builds like max possible strength rhino (https://i.imgur.com/47c9cHr.jpg) are only achievable if you don't level your mods up. Other builds, such as max survivability inaros, call for the exact opposite course of action. Most players get these mods well before they are aware that these meta strategies and builds even exist, and are making mistakes because of it.

For ease of moding especially when leveling and forma use, sure a method for being able to set the mod rank (as long as its less than your current investment rank) would be a useful tool. Ignoring database issues with how the DE servers are going to have to track such information for every mod and every build and equipment you put them on. I couldn't say if it would be more intensive than Rivens but that was their excuse/reason for having only a limited amount of slots. Other than that you don't particularly need more than one copy of anything. Small sell mistakes can sometimes be corrected by support though somethings rewarded through quests should be re-acquirable (Warframes are really the biggest thing) and they have talked about getting them into the market (like blueprints) that become unhidden after quests.

However if it is simply about 'META builds' I am going to have to disagree. As far as I am aware, DE's stance is that Umbra mods are meant for Umbra but you are free to use them as you please if you can fit them in. There isn't a META build that is even close to being necessary to complete any reasonable objective so creating a work around in particular to get mods meant for another system to work somewhere else is silly. Yes I understand there are other situations that could benefit from this though generally the work around for it is more forma (sentinels mod restrictions need to be decoupled though). And the only reason we really talk about in on a couple corrupted mods is because efficiency is capped making the negative stats be non-contested. At this point, the easier fix is just to restrict umbra mods to just umbra related equipment.