Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does something need to be done about this mod combination?

Cibyllae

@Cibyllae This "universal build" is not any sort of big deal because you have barely any capacity to mod for range, strength, and efficiency. Being immortal (not really in this case) means jack if your abilities aren't effective, look no further than Wukong for proof of this. The only frame that can take actual advantage of it to an extent that matters is umbra himself. This is the build I use for Umbra: https://goo.gl/wYLcTH

I use both rage and adrenaline to provide massive energy returns, and life strike on exalted to provide massive health returns. I'd say it's quite good. 

Quick Thinking has been misleading people on the matter of its usefulness for a long time. It looks great on paper, but unless you like being stagger-locked to death, the OG Health+Shields or Health+Armor setup is more practical outside of niche cases. With this particular setup especially, your abilities would be almost neutered in comparison to a more conventional build.

Saryn Prime, for example, while having high enough base stats to fully benefit from the entire setup, would be lacking in the Efficiency, Range, and Duration needed to make her skills truly shine, and without abilities worth casting, you'd be no more useful to your team than a tanky Specter.

17 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Quick Thinking has been misleading people on the matter of its usefulness for a long time. It looks great on paper, but unless you like being stagger-locked to death, the OG Health+Shields or Health+Armor setup is more practical outside of niche cases. With this particular setup especially, your abilities would be almost neutered in comparison to a more conventional build.

Saryn Prime, for example, while having high enough base stats to fully benefit from the entire setup, would be lacking in the Efficiency, Range, and Duration needed to make her skills truly shine, and without abilities worth casting, you'd be no more useful to your team than a tanky Specter.

Saryn_umbra_build.png

I reach top kills in ESO 100% of the time with this build. Even when there is an equinox or another Saryn in the team, or both.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I'd prefer a frame who's kit isn't designed around preventing damage as much as possible honestly as a reliable example.

I didn't even use her abilities mate, its me just pressing E. Just used her cause she has 150 base armor.

Edited by Cibyllae

1 minute ago, Cibyllae said:

Saryn_umbra_build.png

I reach top kills in ESO 100% of the time with this build. Even when there is an equinox or another Saryn in the team, or both.

VERY bad example and honestly I'm ashamed you use that. Saryn gets top kills by effect of spores constant damage so the "kills" value is based on last hit from spores.

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

VERY bad example and honestly I'm ashamed you use that. Saryn gets top kills by effect of spores constant damage so the "kills" value is based on last hit from spores.

Mmm, its only stealing kills if you don't have the highest damage percentage.

9 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

Saryn_umbra_build.png

Speaking as a Saryn player, 1: it's incredibly stupid to act like out-damaging/killing everyone else on the team is an achievement, and 2: you're probably a liar if you're saying her kit is still as effective with neither duration nor efficiency.

I've noticed you keep posting screenshots of builds and no evidence of said builds' actual performance. Would you mind remedying that, so we can be certain whether you're truly as duplicitous as you seem?

Edited by Dreddeth

Just now, Cibyllae said:

Mmm, its only stealing kills if you don't have the highest damage percentage.

or the highest hit rate. Sorry but I'm not convinced, especially given my own experience with other saryns in ESO.

And as stated above, all your stuff so far is all in the mod screen. Words are cheap after all.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

or the highest hit rate. Sorry but I'm not convinced, especially given my own experience with other saryns in ESO.

And as stated above, all your stuff so far is all in the mod screen. Words are cheap after all.

ESO_Saryn.png

The other two tenno left before we exited. They were both playing Saryn. But my guess is you're going to tell me I can't prove I was using this mod setup. So that's fine, I'll just go play ESO, record it, and show you.

Edited by Cibyllae

5 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

ESO_Saryn.png

uh huh, riiiiight. Tells me nothing. Not their in game performance or even if they were using a saryn.  I notice they have a Significantly lower damage taken too. Were they in the firefight? They were also using melee a lot more than you so you weren't using the same attack method. Poor evidence.

Edit:

5 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

The other two tenno left before we exited. They were both playing Saryn. But my guess is you're going to tell me I can't prove I was using this mod setup. So that's fine, I'll just go play ESO, record it, and show you.

Why in the world did you think that was good evidence then? Showing a value while also saying the actual useful information "left" before you. How long ago did they leave? How much damage did you incrue after they left? enough to tip the score? I'm sorry but your information methods are just really not convincing me. I enjoy a good debate, but please consider how you post your sources if you intend to make a solid argument.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

15 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

you're probably a liar if you're saying her kit is still as effective with neither duration nor efficiency.

Going somewhat off topic, what would you think of this build, being such a skillful saryn player as you claim you are??interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024%3A560&composite-to=*,*%7C1024%3A560&background-color=black

I use the vazarin focus tree for healing, and I do plan on formaing further for better aura and exilus. I straight up don't run out of energy with rage+adrenaline, and haven't ever bothered with more duration, as everything dies super fast from miasma in my experience, going even beyond solo round 8 ESO.

1 minute ago, torint_man said:

Going somewhat off topic, what would you think of this build, being such a skillful saryn player as you claim you are??interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024%3A560&composite-to=*,*%7C1024%3A560&background-color=black

I use the vazarin focus tree for healing, and I do plan on formaing further for better aura and exilus. I straight up don't run out of energy with rage+adrenaline, and haven't ever bothered with more duration, as everything dies super fast from miasma in my experience, going even beyond solo round 8 ESO.

having both rage and adrenaline seems like overkill even with such low efficiency as long as you have flow. 

Miasma does a lot of effect with its guaranteed viral, but alone its damage is meh. Spore does all the work.

1 hour ago, torint_man said:

Going somewhat off topic, what would you think of this build, being such a skillful saryn player as you claim you are?

That's a specialized Spore build with a couple neat bells and whistles added. Efficiency is the most convenient dump stat when the ability you plan to regularly use has a base cost of 25 and you're doubling up on Rage mods.

Your build might perform better than the OP's build because you aren't taking hits in stats that you'd necessarily need, which would prove my point as it doesn't go all-in for tank stats that will only be out-scaled by enemy damage, and to add insult to injury, it makes use of fairly common mods.

1 hour ago, yles9056 said:

I thought this was all about your tank build. So tanky that it needs to be looked at.

And then you died 2 times.

Ain't that interesting?

It's almost like the setup itself has been blown completely out of proportion via misrepresentation of the data.

Edited by Dreddeth

i'd probably swap rejuvenation for seel charge or whatever for  them 4 extra mod slots and forma the 2 empty spots and slap on 2 augur mods i guess 

always carry either Hirudo or a melee weapon with life strike for hp  recovery 

i recommend hirudo cuz  it has built in  life steal so you dont even need to  swap out  your ranged weapons

Edited by Retepzednem

Il y a 2 heures, Retepzednem a dit :

always carry either Hirudo or a melee weapon with life strike for hp  recovery 

i recommend hirudo cuz  it has built in  life steal so you dont even need to  swap out  your ranged weapons

That rather depends on what you run. Hirudo is not that great if you don't use it consistently (as in keep you combo multiplier up). And depending on your frame you might want to consider  Healong Return, if you proc a lot of status around. 

Oh, and healing return works also on stuff like the Sarpa so you can have ranged lifesteal without losing your actual ranged weapon. 

18 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Depends if the frame can keep up with it. Infinite energy yes, but incredibly risky gameplay if you don't have reliable heals (rejuvenation is not reliable in the slightest in a firefight). Also the moment you run out of health you are also going to drain energy fast. REALLY bad if you need it for heals.

18 hours ago, Cibyllae said:

Life Strike

Healing Return

Winds of Purity

Life Strike also heals off of slash procs, I do not know if it heals off of toxic procs or heat procs.

Your armor is applied to Quick Thinking energy to hp conversion. It would drain slower than your hp as a 2.4 multiplier is applied to the conversion.

most reliable heal is actually 2 maxed Magus Elevate