Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying ash again in 2018. New bladestorm?

(PSN)RockstarJungle

Hi, so i decided to try ash again, the last time i played him was in 2016ish, and it was just a couple of missions. Anyway, i noticed that when i took him out of the ship yesterday that his bladestorm animation has been replaced by what looks like him standing there pressing a detonation button? and glowing glitter around targets. So i looked on google, and it said he had a rework done to him and now the old bladestorm cut-scenes are manually done. By pressing the teleport skill of ash's you can do the animation on a target. But the thing is, How can you know where all the targets you marked are and put your cursor over them to teleport before they die after he presses the button? i just tried on hydron (sedna) and they still die too quick. If not from me, then by the maximum range octavia in the group. 

I really do not like the idea of lowering my weapon attack speed, But will it even help inside of a group of enemies? I personally hate this new bladestorm and it's extremely boring remembering what it used to be. My weapon is too fast and i dont see any clones, if thats what the glitter is suppose to be. I really wish it was some kinda option we could have. But whatever. 

Edit 1 from much later in day : okay, so i just tested it again and gotten more serious with the whole thing. it seems that instead of Pressing the 4, and then searching for targets-then pressing again to kill-Then pressing his teleport skill to preform the animation on every target manually(which is what i thought😞 It seems that my max rank ash was killing them too quick so i couldn't do the animation(which i care more about killing them quick lol) But actually it's a One-press and he kills all of the enemies with the animation in the range of when he puts the mark on that are still alive. I think that's where the range comes in with that ability. 

So if anyone is wondering about the animation like me, i hope this helps.

1. Press 4/ultimate.

2. find targets, if the maximum range octavia is in squad killing everything on the map then you might not get any.

3. Press the 4/ultimate again.

4. Press his teleport skill once on a marked target, and he will do the animation on every target thats still alive and within his range of the ability, Regardless if they are marked or Not. If not in skill range, he will just do the animation for the range of the ability. I believe this is where "range build" those users copy from each other comes into play

My notes: With more range you have more chances, you can spin your camera inside of the death mark stage and get a lot. 

I know all of this is more or less known already but just in case someone is on google searching here it is XD

Edited by (PS4)RockstarJungle
new notes

I didn't see you mention this but, if you press his 4 after marking all the enemies get attacked by shadow clones of Ash. You don't have to use his 3 after pressing 4 to mark. His 3 is more for priority targets and can work well with the Augment Fatal Teleport and a Dagger with Covert Lethality since it is considered finisher Damage(Also works with the new Umbral Ninkana's perk of invisibility after a finisher.)

The post you wrote makes it sound like you have to use his 3 after pressing 4, which isn't the case. You just have to press 4 twice.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

How can you know where all the targets you marked are and put your cursor over them to teleport before they die after he presses the button?

Checking your radar and being aware of your surroundings.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)RockstarJungle:

How

Playstyle. Current Bladestorm is something between complimenting weapon play and a nuke rather then beein a straight up nuke so you basicly want to mark and trigger it midfight. You mark one area you move trough onto the next to damage simultaneos, what covers a lotta ground with basicly melee scale damage.

Getting a target to teleport to for the animation isn't really an issue if you're using it before making contact with new enemys. It's all about the timing you get naturally when you're using it propperly for a while.

When you can't manage to find targets...why would you? 2 shadows attack if you don't. You joining is simply raises its speed...what's somewhat pointless if you're killing too fast as is.

Should the buildup be too slow for you, consider spamming his shuriken. Those got changed a bit since 2016 too...compared to back then, they target propperly, do a little more slash damage trough his passive, can dispell armor trough its augument (massive passive damage boost) and have fixed range at 60m, targeting and hitting enemys trough walls. With the difference in builds, they even do similar damage to the old Bladestorm before it could scale off combo the way it does now.

He's on equal ground with nukers that way till level 70 or so and exceeds theyr damage by far with bladestorm past that.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Im sorry, i forgot to mention. I thought it'd be obvious from the post but im not a typical player. I dont care about damage per say, as long as i can kill them before they kill me then Thats 100% enough for me. What i meant about the new blade storm, is that the animation has changed from the old one. This is not a popular thing to say and i fully understand everyone doesn't feel this way, But i wish they could have left it like it was. Even with the expense of increased damage/efficiency. I thought the old way was more fun to do

Dont know what impression the first post gave, But i was talking from a visual standpoint. I preferred the old way over the new -Press button, Imput damage, targets die. 

Just now, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

Im sorry, i forgot to mention. I thought it'd be obvious from the post but im not a typical player. I dont care about damage per say, as long as i can kill them before they kill me then Thats 100% enough for me. What i meant about the new blade storm, is that the animation has changed from the old one. This is not a popular thing to say and i fully understand everyone doesn't feel this way, But i wish they could have left it like it was. Even with the expense of increased damage/efficiency. I thought the old way was more fun to do

Dont know what impression the first post gave, But i was talking from a visual standpoint. I preferred the old way over the new -Press button, Imput damage, targets die. 

Apparently the old animation was literally giving players who used him motion sickness so they removed the animation as the default but left it in for those who did like it.

Also if you are talking the OLD bladestorm with the 1 button press, they removed that for good reason.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Apparently the old animation was literally giving players who used him motion sickness so they removed the animation as the default but left it in for those who did like it.

Also if you are talking the OLD bladestorm with the 1 button press, they removed that for good reason.

Yeah, i guess that makes sense. I just wish activating the old animations was a little easier though. Like my ash attacks so fast that i cant see any clones, they are just glitter around the targets. They die and thats it. I was able to do about two strikes on the stronger targets, But i guess to really enjoy it i will have to try on lvl 80 enemies and take his weapon speed down so moving to the next target is actually doable for me. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

Hi, so i decided to try ash again, the last time i played him was in 2016ish, and it was just a couple of missions. Anyway, i noticed that when i took him out of the ship yesterday that his bladestorm animation has been replaced by what looks like him standing there pressing a detonation button? and glowing glitter around targets. So i looked on google, and it said he had a rework done to him and now the old bladestorm cut-scenes are manually done. By pressing the teleport skill of ash's you can do the animation on a target. But the thing is, How can you know where all the targets you marked are and put your cursor over them to teleport before they die after he presses the button? i just tried on hydron (sedna) and they still die too quick. If not from me, then by the maximum range octavia in the group. 

I really do not like the idea of lowering my weapon attack speed, But will it even help inside of a group of enemies? I personally hate this new bladestorm and it's extremely boring remembering what it used to be. My weapon is too fast and i dont see any clones, if thats what the glitter is suppose to be. I really wish it was some kinda option we could have. But whatever. 

To be clear 4 should be toggled on (no energy cost), run around to mark, hit 4 to kill. Hit 4 again to enable marking.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

Yeah i know how to put it. Press 4, then move cursor over the enemies. Press 4 again and they just drop dead. lol 

I’m on console. Ash only needs to “look” an enemy.  It took a short time to get into the change but I genuinely like it much more.

Blade storm should be a channeling ability. when an enemy gets marked the clones automatically attack. all the other mechanics are fine to me. the current 4 scan 4 method is too slow in a squad. id like a little smokescreen synergy that would extend invis time for enemies killed by BS. However I can ssee how thats slightly OP, and would settle for a LoS AoE marking, like frost's ice wave cone.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Duplicitous 619:

Blade storm should be a channeling ability. when an enemy gets marked the clones automatically attack. all the other mechanics are fine to me. the current 4 scan 4 method is too slow in a squad. id like a little smokescreen synergy that would extend invis time for enemies killed by BS. However I can ssee how thats slightly OP, and would settle for a LoS AoE marking, like frost's ice wave cone.

Kinda doubt it would be a good idea to buff it much from what it currently is... it's become waay too much of a common trend to have ash's spin theyr cursor like madman to have it function like a easily 100k finisher damage nuke and that this isn't exactly working out for them is the sole reason stuff other then ash is beein played at all.

I'm definitly in for a little QoL in the form of a small, really small reticicle as common console player but buff it beyond that, make that spinning trigger kills or marking lazy and you can be sure you make him an utterly broken meta.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

When in the process if changing it to what it is now, a few dev streams back. The where going over some of the Ideas they picked though before settling on the now active one. One of the ones left behind was the Channeling version. Like a WoF but with Ash clone death. It was so OP it wasn't funny they said.

• 4 weeks later...