Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus farming, HOW?

Girador

Question

What is the best way to farm focus I've never been able to cap out the focus per day and i'm wondering if there is some method that I am missing to obtain focus effectively thus far my best method that i'f found is Sinai on Jupiter as it has decent level mobs that can be killed fast and in come in high quantities

12 answers to this question

1. Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught both give bonuses to focus earned during the beginning of each wave.
  2. Stealth killing a lot of enemies, to get that stealth kill affinity bonus, while under the influence of a focus booster (the yellow pickups that show up in missions) works.
  3. Eximus Stronghold sortie missions net large amounts of affinity if you kill everything (combos nicely with #2 if feesable, like a spy or rescue)
  4. The Naramon focus tree, first passive you unlock in the middle, gives you bonus affinity for melee kills (can combo with first three points nicely)
  5. Build eidolon lenses for your gear. Eidolon lens blueprints are rarely awarded from the last bounty in PoE. Requires a greater lens (of any school) to build (among other resources I am brain farting on atm, so not that important) Eidolon lens bps can also be traded for with other players.
  6. If you are doing a mission where you are going for stealth kills, go solo so you can take your time and not worry about others alarming everything (and thus negating the stealth bonus) If you get a chance to do an Eximus stronghold survival/defense/interception/excavation, go with a group as the more people who join, the more enemies spawn to kill and get that sweet affinity.
Edited by (XB1)Furious Kaiser
added #6 as an afterthought

Doing higher level enemies and having good team mates helps a lot. Stay near your team mates, you get XP from their kills as well.

Always take the focus boosters (the yellow glowing things) and focus on the weapons that you have a lens on.

Sanctuary Onslaught is often a good way to earn focus.

I was wondering the same for a while, barely did 10k a day and felt impossible to reach the 300k cap.

Well... it's actually quite simple, get greater focus lenses for each slot, but for the frame alone will also work, with lesser lenses in the other slots. Enter ESO and in about 3 runs of 8 waves, which is about an hour or less, you'll have your daily limit caped.

Eidolon hunt is also good if you're going for 3x and it also lets you go over the daily limit, but for that you'll require some set up, as opposed to ESO, where the only thing you'll require is a saryn,volt or equinox on your team, which has a higher chance of all 3 being on your team than none of them.

It is honestly worth just learning to do eidolon hunts well, it doesn't require a massive amount of gear and isn't hard to get into. 3 months ago, I had never done a hunt, now I do 5x3s per night and earn 1 million focus in those 50 minutes. And it's not capped like the daily focus cap is. So do 3 cetus nights of hunts and that's 3 million focus in 1 day's play. And on top of that you get arcane rewards.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2018-08-20 at 2:44 PM, Zilchy said:

It is honestly worth just learning to do eidolon hunts well, it doesn't require a massive amount of gear and isn't hard to get into. 3 months ago, I had never done a hunt, now I do 5x3s per night and earn 1 million focus in those 50 minutes. And it's not capped like the daily focus cap is. So do 3 cetus nights of hunts and that's 3 million focus in 1 day's play. And on top of that you get arcane rewards.

This, the time and resource spent to gear up for ESO is better allocated to eidolon hunts if focus is your main goal ( and i personally feel ESO is boring AF when you and your mates just stand still in the center and saryn / volt / equinox spams 4 )

You will eventually competent enough to capture 15 or 18 eidolon in one night cycle, not to mention you could get a few hundred plat if you got good arcanes, not bad for some pocket money

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

no your focus comes from turning in the eido shards to whatever school you want.  

Well that's fantastic news. I was really hating the idea of needing lenses since I'm...somewhat low on plat at the moment >_>. lol.

Eidolons opened up skills in my Tenno tree very quickly 

It’s the unique convertible Eidolon pickups that you see by Focus, they get converted into loads of points 

I just watched MCGamerCZ and Nooblshowtek YT guides, read the wiki and that removed the chaos and confusion quickly