Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Tripping Clan Leaders/Warlords

(XBOX)AnnabelleNewell

Question

So as of late a friend of mine who is also a Warlord for the clan I'm in got all mad over me and my other firend joking with him and out of the blue he threatens to demote both of us.

We assumed that he was also joking, because that's how his tone of voice sounded when we were in a party together. However, it didn't go great. He took away my position and my friend's all because we supposedly disrespected him.

I've personally know this person for nearly a year and the negative attitude came as a shock.

I've put hours of my time and resources into the dojo and was supposed to be head architect according to the original leader.

If he doesn't restore my position in the next few days, I'm leaving the clan and joining another.

I've had enough of being the only one to put in the most effort in the clan.

This leader used to never be like this ever, so it bothers me. Plus, he's disrespected me, and said some pretty ignorant things about me being a female, yet is defensive about other females, especially one that is a part of the clan that just sits in missions doing nothing.

It infuriates me how some people are power hungry and can't control themselves.

Edited by (XB1)AnnabelleNewell
Fixed spelling error

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I really don't get the impression he did seeing how you try to... what exactly? Getting him banned cause you got demoted for "joking" to an extend that he'd demote you?

Where did I say I wanted him to get banned? He's a friend of mine. He gets mad over the dumbest things which is why I even spoken to the original clan leader in regards to it recently.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

Again you don't seem to understand anything that's was even said. Re read the thread because I've already let the original clan leader know what's been going on.

I have read everything. It's really not that much.

You don't need to talk to the original clan leader, you need to talk to the person who you have a disagreement with.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XB1)AnnabelleNewell:

Where did I say I wanted him to get banned? He's a friend of mine. He gets mad over the dumbest things which is why I even spoken to the original clan leader in regards to it recently.

At the point you've tried to contact the authoritys cause he's harrased you in a party appearently? What exactly is it you think they can and would do in that situation?

Just now, WildcardMoo said:

I have read everything. It's really not that much.

You don't need to talk to the original clan leader, you need to talk to the person who you have a disagreement with.

Tried, he's too butthurt over something dumb. And this leader is younger than myself. So that's the issue. If he thinks it's ok to harass me over my gender and preferences, that's not alright. I've warned him to stop. We normally have no issues when we joke around but someone clearly got under his skin that I became a Target to the negative attention.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

At the point you've tried to contact the authoritys cause he's harrased you in a party appearently? What exactly is it you think they can and would do in that situation?

How do I put it this way so you'll understand, we all normally group together in a party when everyone is playing warframes and we always joke around with each other. The position I had I took seriously as I was casually online more than most of the current members.

I tolerated disrespect because I wasn't in any position to stop it from happening, however, this is all completely different.

Now, I'm done with the topic.

The thread can be closed by a mod since it's a rant according to some of you. All I planned on posting this for was to see how many others deal with clan leaders abusing their authority over other clan mates for dumb reasons.

I've seen quite a few threads about this, usually closed, about a similar topic. Just seems like when I post in forums I always get negativity, which is why I never post here. So like I said, not watching this thread after this.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

Not a rant, actual complaint, I've yet to file a ticket since I've already contacted the actual original clan leader about the issue. It's just a matter of him actually getting on, which is the problem.

Filing a ticket for this kind of thing, I'll be honest, you don't have much chance. Clan squabbles are not normally handled by DE's support, the onus is usually on the players to sort it out.

16 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

Now, I'm done with the topic.

The thread can be closed by a mod since it's a rant according to some of you. All I planned on posting this for was to see how many others deal with clan leaders abusing their authority over other clan mates for dumb reasons.

I've seen quite a few threads about this, usually closed, about a similar topic. Just seems like when I post in forums I always get negativity, which is why I never post here. So like I said, not watching this thread after this.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! All iv seen is a buthurt litle girl becouse she lost her clan status. A verry big deal and DE should take actions!

Dear god...

Edited by Nephalem

You say the warlord is abusing their authority but the problem is that it is their word against yours and that would go for anyone posting something like this. We don't have the chat logs so we have no way of knowing if you actually did something to warrant your demotion or not. From the other side if somebody is promoted to warlord demotions or promotions are at their discretion and the validity of either is really nobody else's business outside the clan. Ultimately if you don't like the decision your options are either appeal to another warlord (if there is one), accept it or leave the clan. It is all down to the clan warlords as to how they manage their clan and that is the point of warlords.

Posting to see if others have experienced the same is fairly pointless because somebody somewhere almost certainly has. Discussing it outside the clan isn't going to achieve anything really.

While problems with clan leadership is never a good thing, it's never good anywhere, Players helping players isn't exactly the best place for this sort of thing.

Sometimes the best option would be to just leave. It will save you the heartache - and headache. Perhaps the best decision here would be to leave if your friend is being terribly rude to you.