Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Put Your Foot Down.

Zerrien

My feedback is in the 'good job,' direction for once, instead of 'bad job,' way.

Removing Ability Mods, and consolidating the # of mods slots back to 8 is... 'progressive.'

Now, let me be clear, I think removed Abilites from being equippable in mod-slots is a negative, as, it completely removes Abilities from the interesting mod system that makes Warframe unique.

However, I do feel that with the promise of so-called 'Augments' for abilities, that the overall direction the game is taking is much better than... 3 days ago?

BUT! Do not undo this quality change by catering to those who demand extra returns. Changes have to be made, and I'm very excited to see them happening. Returning excess Forma is super kind, and my only suggestion is to give a 3-day/7-day booster to go along with the update.

Do not release a... 'legendary Forma,' or try to appease any of the other suggestions. (Because my suggestion is the best, you see?) We already have Arcane Helmets and Legendary Cores. Enough is enough. If change needs to be made, to fix the game, improve it, balance it, do it. People will get upset, but, it's bad track-record to try and 100% satisfy every dissenter.

Do try to consolidate the Forma'd mod slots over those that didn't get Forma'd. If a player had Forma'd an ability, but not a blank slot (for whatever reason,) be sure to attempt to force those together to minimize Forma returns and maximize appeasement.

I do not feel sorry for those who used 0/1 abilities, as, they were playing the wrong Warframe if that's the best build they could come up with. And, it seems like you're committed to dropping slots down to 8, so I'm not too worried about anything there.

This thread will be ill-received but we, as a community, needs to accept that changes must be made to improve the game. There is much more to focus on than the only actual progressive change they've made. (Mmm, gotta love some Tabard-locked Daily Quest Reputation Grinds.)

Edited by Zerrien

I'm looking forward to Abilities being removed from the mod system, even if certain accommodations must be made overall I feel like it's a step closer to being able to make each skill a lot more in-depth and malleable, and promoting the use of all abilities over the "one trick pony" builds that have been the norm for so long. On the other hand, I suppose I'm not the biggest fan of the mod system (it's unique sure, but it does have some hefty flaws as well) so I suppose I'm a bit biased about this change.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Gets 2 birds stoned at once.

I don't think that's what they intended to say...

But I agree, the game is my reward. Hell, I welcome the forma. I may not even need them since abilities will no longer take mod points, so I can relocate the forma to where it'll be needed. For me it's a win-win.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Hear hear. Giving into dissenters also creates a crying-child syndrome, and players will learn that if they whine about how a change is unfair enough, then they'll be given free loot. Any compensation is welcome, but don't toss handouts just because some people are whiny.

I mean it's nice to have Abilities gone from the drop tables and I'm really looking forward to how abilities will level up along with your frame.

However I really am not looking forward to have to re-forma my max dps Miasma Saryn and infinite invis Loki twice to just to get them back to the power they had.

All in all... Eh... Could have been done better.

I don't think that's what they intended to say...

But I agree, the game is my reward. Hell, I welcome the forma. I may not even need them since abilities will no longer take mod points, so I can relocate the forma to where it'll be needed. For me it's a win-win.

No, I think they did intend to say that. They were probably talking about getting two bird lifters at once, so obviously getting them stoned would be the best way to do it, duh.

/sarcasm

Oh cool. I don't think they'll give legendary forma, but we just get refunded what we put into them. It'd be kinda weird having legendary forma, as I don't even know what that would entail.

I'm cool with getting my forma back, that sounds good.

If I had to make a guess what legendary forma would be...It would turn a slot into a legendary slot and any mod placed into it the cost is reduced to 0.

So DE Should instead force us to forma and level up our frames again!? I have 2 formas on almost all my frames, It is just plain wrong to just give forma, and not a special forma that doesn't set the frame to unranked. You're concerned that it'll F*** up the market? Don't make them tradeable then! Bam! problem avoided.

We don't need uber-forma, its very simple:

1 - Remove all ability polarities

2 - Keep ALL other polarities. 

No need to hand out forma or legendary forma.

If people come back after a break and find out they need to re-forma 6+ frames, well, they aren't coming back. They'll wonder why the devs arbitrarily got rid of their polarizied slots instead of blank slots. They'll take this as a sign the devs don't want them playing.

We don't need uber-forma, its very simple:

1 - Remove all ability polarities

2 - Keep ALL other polarities. 

No need to hand out forma or legendary forma.

If people come back after a break and find out they need to re-forma 6+ frames, well, they aren't coming back. They'll wonder why the devs arbitrarily got rid of their polarizied slots instead of blank slots. They'll take this as a sign the devs don't want them playing.

Alot of ppl, say thousands? Formad ability slots to fit there needs, where would these polarities go?

I agree with the "no legendary crap" thing. Just remove 2 mod with ability polarities, and if there are none, or only one, then remove it and a blank one. I don't think this will be a problem for most players. Of course there will be some cases where the transition won't be "seamless", but giving forma when necessary to help us put our builds back together should be sufficient IMHO.

As for the ability mods themselves, just "refunding" an equivalent number of cores to the the amount needed to max them out is how I would do it. No legendary cores everywhere plox.^^'

Edited by Marthrym