Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Mean Golem Is Making A Comeback?

kscott190

The Golem will make a comeback, like Storchenbein said 

Storchenbein, on 27 Dec 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

The "new" Golem is going to be a huge chunk of a Corpus ship that got infested. It's likely going to be an archwing boss.

Here are some pictures that show the w.i.p of the golem boss rework:

e6oqCsy.jpg

(really early on, first shown in the design council, later in a devstream)

QHKTtUT.jpg

b9IgZmP.jpg

Completely new look and size (It is a really huge infested ship xD This was first shown in devstream 30...i..think?)

This is one of the last pictures we have of the new Golem (devstream 38):
Golem.jpg

However, I dont think that it will be just a "shoot at it and kill it as fast as you can" Archwing boss.

Maybe we will fight in the inside too... maybe it will be a 2 part mission (first part archwing, 2nd part normal inside golem) or even 2 seperate boss missions.....

I still want to see those little funny Tenno-grabo-infested-tentacle-thingys....they would fit inside a huge infested boss^^

wpz9M0Z.gif

04OFzzL.jpg

Edited by Fabpsi

Wow! ok that looks awesome! can't wait to see and rip that thing to bits, but I gotta wonder, it has feet & legs in those pics of the new one, any speculation on where something that big could walk? maybe.....a shadow of the colossus fight on a massive asteroid or maybe a broken planet fragment? or Archwing & Regular combat combine? Arch wing distract or disable shields while ground tenno go for a weak spot?

Or able to activate and deactivate Archwings in a mission area with enough open spaces? God I hope so, to all of it!

as it is known that infested can bond with robotics and inorganic technology, j3 golem is in all likelihood going to be an assimilated famorian.

i hope DE creators make the boss bioship multipart free-for-all big  series of battles around  key sections of the golem ship, ending with a big, tentacled, fugly face and limbs at the front, gazing with the big eye shootin ma' lazors  :B

and crying in pain with every shot and sliceydice!

but yea, if archwing has any hope to maintain interest from the repetitive same efforts of grind and such for parts and such, it is a nice lengthy instance of carnage and dramatic successions/challenges.  bosses dying in seconds of uninspired battlling do take away from the epicness  once felt by each one of us when starting out newb-style and everything feeling like a meaningful challenge.

as it is known that infested can bond with robotics and inorganic technology, j3 golem is in all likelihood going to be an assimilated famorian.

it's very clearly a corpus ship in j3's design. i doubt they will redo the design to a fomorian

Mutalist Ospreys, MOAs, etc.

Also, "assimilated" means destroyed.

as·sim·i·late
əˈsiməˌlāt/
verb
past tense: assimilated; past participle: assimilated
  1. 1.
    take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully.
    "Marie tried to assimilate the week's events"
    • absorb and integrate (people, ideas, or culture) into a wider society or culture.
      "pop trends are assimilated into the mainstream with alarming speed"
      synonyms: subsumeincorporateintegrateabsorbengulfacculturateMore

• (of the body or any biological system) absorb and digest (food or nutrients).
      "the sugars in the fruit are readily assimilated by the body"
      synonyms: absorb, take in, acquire, soak up, pick up, graspcomprehend,understandlearnmasterMore

Edited by Llelouche

The Golem will make a comeback, like Storchenbein said 

Here are some pictures that show the w.i.p of the golem boss rework:

e6oqCsy.jpg

(really early on, first shown in the design council, later in a devstream)

QHKTtUT.jpg

b9IgZmP.jpg

Completely new look and size (It is a really huge infested ship xD This was first shown in devstream 30...i..think?)

This is one of the last pictures we have of the new Golem (devstream 38):

Golem.jpg

Looks like a skinned chicken on heroine and PCP that ran into a dumpster

J3 Golem is the reason why we MUST DO this current event.

Otherwise when J3 returns, the butthurt will be huge as everyone will be lacking gear to fight.

Much less win.

Flying Infested IN SPESSSS are coming !!!

Prepare UrAnus. Soon™

Edited by fatpig84

If golem become an archwing boss then it will likely drop archwing bps, not frame bps.

But ALL bosses outside of the tutorial Vor drop frame BPs, if even an event and tactical alert has failed to work if there is one thing which will sway players into hopping into Archwing mode more it will be the lure of a new frame for doing so (or still being stubborn and just buying via plat - either way DE win)

But ALL bosses outside of the tutorial Vor drop frame BPs, if even an event and tactical alert has failed to work if there is one thing which will sway players into hopping into Archwing mode more it will be the lure of a new frame for doing so (or still being stubborn and just buying via plat - either way DE win)

We already have the frame, that frame is called Limbo, you either need archwing or plat to get him.

We already have the frame, that frame is called Limbo, you either need archwing or plat to get him.

One run of an easy interception mission is all you need for enough proof fragments to never need use of the mode again so not sure i agree, its majority wise Excavation mode not Archwing mode in my opinion. An Archwing boss dropping a new frame parts however would be a very different scenario where players WOULD actually have to use the mode.

Basically Limbo was the frame to get you to build one, a new frame via the golem would be the frame to actually get you to use it.

It has nothing to do with that, people come to WF to play a Third Person Shooter and not a zone of the enders clone; they may like it but it's not certain.

Even if golem drop a frame's BPs what then ?

People will find a way to farm it just as necessary to get the BPs and AW will return to taking the dust in the closet after that.

You cannot shoehorn an entertainment product because the purpose of entertainment is to have fun and if people don't find AW funny then that's it.

DE should make AW funnier by developping it correctly, and if they want AW to be part of WF then they need to find incentives to it.

For example totally dissociating AW from the stats of a Frame was a mistake, now AW mechanics are cut off WF mechanics, bar the drops of fusion cores in AW missions.