Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #45 Overview

AM-Bunny

Update 16?

Next week? No way! But look forward to an 8 player raid!

8 Player Raid?

Design team is taking the gloves off. It’s going to take trial and error to figure out, plan on dying a few times, intended for veteran players. Update 16 will have the first one.

Public Facing Task List?

An itemized breakdown of all the devstream topics covered, to prevent topics from being lost after being discussed once in a stream. A way to keep track of what the devs are working on! Scott hates it though, might not go through.

q7So27R.jpg

Next Warframe statue after Excalibur?

Rhino!

wN4BXXD.png

J-3 Golem update?

Not 8-player raid. Multi-stage boss: play on the ship, then exit the ship and fight J-3 with archwing, then open J-3 up and get inside to do internal damage.

See it here.

Nekros update?

• Soul Punch will be changed to a ‘one handed’ casting animation, such as Ember’s Fireball, that can be cast while doing things such as reloading.

• Shadows summoned by Shadows of the Dead are getting a health and damage buff, which are also affected by mods.

• Terrify affects more enemies, casting animation sped up, but reduced range. Intended as an ‘oh S#&$’ move.

• Desecrate? Lots of joking about it being nerfed, who knows if it’s being changed at all.

Ember changes?

Gauging reactions, open to further changes based on community feedback. Overall happy with where she’s at now.

Player-made quests?

Developer created quests need a lot of work first!

Re-playable quests?

Working on it!

Any new PVP content?

• PVP is going to get a drastic re-work. Quality of PVP overall isn’t where it needs to be, so it’s getting a complete overhaul.

• Might have PVP specific arsenal and mod options to save on balancing headaches. For instance, Soma might not be allowed in PVP, there might be only 5 weapons that are balanced for PVP right now, so that’s all you can use.

• New PVP syndicate that you earn rep with from doing PVP. This includes new PVP sigils.

TGwO4BR.jpg

New Warframe details?

Energy colour that you select in your customization determines the elemental damage that you deal with his powers. If you’re smart, you can figure out the theme of the frame from this hint.

Any updates on relays?

• Cephalon Cordylon librarian gives scanning related quests, to appear in Update 16.

• Darvo’s shop will be functional.

• Statues will change to reflect the warframe that is dropped on that planet.

sJGgbau.png

1bSyxRW.png

gYXas0z.png

7xK3dvW.png

RPgWss5.png

VJ1FOP7.png

Rotation C reward changes?

Maybe adding additional rewards for staying longer? Tighter rotation as mission progresses? Working on better solutions to Void rewards in general.

New enemies?

Corpus girls with skates. Probably will murder you a lot.

Also Grineer frog-men and other underwater enemies.

SDt980l.png

Auction system for trading?

Definitely going to re-work trading in general, but not really looking at auction system.

Tintable gold for older prime items?

It’s going to happen, but not sure when.

Other new features for U16?

• New sound system that adds size and material appropriate reverb. Will make the environment more immersive and realistic. Hear it here.

• Adaptive Exposure added, so that camera adjusts to overly bright and dark areas. Underwater tileset pre-viewed too. See it here.

• Swimming was trashed, but Archwing will be going underwater instead (sharkwing). Underwater segments of the new tileset will use all your archwing gear.

Changes to syndicates?

• When doing Syndicate missions, they’ll send reinforcements to help you (i.e. ally MOA when doing Perrin Sequence missions).

• Also, working on unique units for assassins, more dialogue in general, more rewards, more of everything.

• Also, apparently Steve thinks Ratka Ballistica is fine as-is.

Dedicated slots for augment mods?

For now, it’s staying the way it is.

Parkour overhaul?

Vaulting and wallrunning momentum is being re-evaluated right now. Also some completely new parkour features are being worked on.

Lore?

First working on getting quest system into better shape. Relay librarian (Cordylon) should have lots of things for lore hungry players.

If done correctly, I think the Task List would be a great service to the people. There have been issues of DE not "listening" to players, but if the issue they were having was on the Task List, even if it was low priority, at least they would know that DE knows about it, instead of being left in the dark.

Steve is pissing me off at the moment...

He doesn't like the board which would help us keep track of what they're working on. Why!?

He thinks Rakta Ballistica is fine. WTF?

Also, I love the look of the tileset they showed for the exposure change. I just hope we can play that tileset without having to go underwater and do archwing all over again. I still don't like archwing. 

Really want that PvP change. Did they said anything about Warframes balance?

If you are talking about Warframe in general I think they mentioned something about how they are always looking at weapon balance. If you are talking about Warframes in specific, I don't think they mentioned anything.

I'm looking forward to PvP changes as well.

Edited by Rakshal

• Statues will change to reflect the warframe that is dropped on that planet.

I think this is inaccurate. volt and oberon do not drop from planets. I think it will be relay-specific, and with that in mind, chances are we'll have to re-build the relays before some of those appear.

I think this is inaccurate. volt and oberon do not drop from planets. I think it will be relay-specific, and with that in mind, chances are we'll have to re-build the relays before some of those appear.

Yes Rebecca even brought this up regarding Volt. It's unclear at this point how those two will fit. It was also mentioned that they could be dojo statues rather than the default Loki, so who knows.