Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isnt Volt The Fastest Warframe?

Hypernaut1

he should still have the highest base sprint speed or at least equal to that of Loki's.

do you have a reason for that to be the case?

other than 'because raisons'?

Volt is pretty durable compared to say, Loki. he doesn't have anywhere near as much need for it. but he still has it ala Speed.

Yea, except that skill effects the entire team, so actually no, he is not.

so in other words you're selfish and want to always be selfish. you don't need to worry about actually playing Co-Operatively if you only play Solo. then you can pretend you're not playing a Co-Op game where working together is INTENDED.

Yea, except that skill effects the entire team, so actually no, he is not.

Narrow Minded says "Volt, fastest there is"...

He doesn't have to share that boost at all.

Rush, Sprint Boost, Max Power Strength, Tipedo (speed/beserker) and Narrow Minded make Volt the fastest in the game. He will out copter and out run the shared Range of the next Speed-cast keeping the boost for himself from there on out, creating a gap & enlarging it with every second that goes by; until destination point is reached.(Then he waits impatiently...)

I've always thought the same thing. Even though he has "Speed," he should still have the highest base sprint speed or at least equal to that of Loki's. 

Where do these "shoulds" and "supposes" that people like to use come from? Why does his base sprint speed have to be the highest? His speed after using the ability is already the fastest, and now you want it to be even faster. LOL

Edited by Duyet

Because Volt isn't a speed based Warframe.  He's a multi-tool who, with one of his abilities, can play heavily to the role of a speedster while also allowing his teammates to taste such zippy movement as well.

There's no reason to increase his current speed at all, he's a frame who fits numerous roles.

Because Volt isn't a speed based Warframe.  He's a multi-tool who, with one of his abilities, can play heavily to the role of a speedster while also allowing his teammates to taste such zippy movement as well.

There's no reason to increase his current speed at all, he's a frame who fits numerous roles.

I disagree. Increasing his base speed from 1.0 to 1.1 or 1.2 would instantly make his Utility better across the board, which he needs.

Also, I shouldn't have to choose between the negatives of either using a slot for narrow minded or watching other frames leave me in the dust to fend for myself in missions as my AoE from speed suddenly makes me the slowest (!) in the group. I don't know of any other AoE shared warframe power that boosts squad members to a greater extent than the caster.

If they won't increase base speed (They should, despite making Loki player's heads explode ;)), give us an AoE toggle or cap out the speed power so other frames can only run as fast as Volt.

Currently, Zephyr is the fastest warframe.

True. That speed ability does jack vs a duration specced tail wind.

That plus the low running speed. He should get the most gain from it, making him a f❤cking thunderbolt on the battlefield. Thats kinda the basic idea in the first place. "You are fast but not VOLT fast"

The fact is that if we were to calculate the fastest speed in the game we would apply Volt's Speed to another Warframe other than Volt.  Therefore Volt is not the fastest Warframe in the game.

Without Speed, Volt is cumbersome because his movements are slow and he maneuvers on land like a boat.

With Speed he is fast but the Speed visual effect distorts all geometry so he handles in a cumbersome manner with speed on anyway.

So, no matter what, Volt comes across as some kind of slow.

When Volt shares Speed, he gets left behind by faster Warframes and has distorted vision, while the other Warframes get the benefit of Speed without distorted vision.

Speed doesn't last long and costs energy.  Which doesn't leave him with energy for anything else.  Which makes him versitile on paper but not so much in actual practice unless Trinity is around to constantly feed him energy.

His ability set is contradictory.  I guess that's the result of being versitile?  But, it also leads to heavy energy costs while trying to keep up with changing battlefield conditions.

The irony is that Volt is not a good choice for fast, spectacular, high energy game play, without a good trinity or three around to juice him up.  And then he's looking at the world through coke bottle lenses all the time.

Edited by ThePresident777

do you have a reason for that to be the case?

other than 'because raisons'?

Volt is pretty durable compared to say, Loki. he doesn't have anywhere near as much need for it. but he still has it ala Speed.

so in other words you're selfish and want to always be selfish. you don't need to worry about actually playing Co-Operatively if you only play Solo. then you can pretend you're not playing a Co-Op game where working together is INTENDED.

Because theme. 

And I'm being selfish because I stated that his "Speed" move effects the whole team? That makes no sense. 

And I'm being selfish because I stated that his "Speed" move effects the whole team? That makes no sense.

neither does it make sense that you continue to insist there's a problem because Speed isn't a selfish Ability.

Volt has a decent Speed, while i'm not a huge fan of anything less than 1.15 Sprint Speed, *shrugs*

the other faster Warframes are faster because they are fragile. Volt is not. he has fairly good defenses, and direct Damage Abilities with CC.

Volt is an Offensive Warframe, that is also durable.

therefore, i'm not really surprised he's not super fast. but he has an out, Speed allows him to be much faster. the fact that it shares is a good thing, not a bad one.

i don't really see a problem. i take Rush when it fits on my Loadouts, as Rush is a useful Mod. but if it doesn't fit, whatever. things that are available to everyone helps out anyone. Flip Jumps, ButtChugging (sliding), and those silly things we do with our Melee Weapons (that i currently feel like keeping unnamed), yadda yadda.

neither does it make sense that you continue to insist there's a problem because Speed isn't a selfish Ability.

Volt has a decent Speed, while i'm not a huge fan of anything less than 1.15 Sprint Speed, *shrugs*

the other faster Warframes are faster because they are fragile. Volt is not. he has fairly good defenses, and direct Damage Abilities with CC.

Volt is an Offensive Warframe, that is also durable.

therefore, i'm not really surprised he's not super fast. but he has an out, Speed allows him to be much faster. the fact that it shares is a good thing, not a bad one.

i don't really see a problem. i take Rush when it fits on my Loadouts, as Rush is a useful Mod. but if it doesn't fit, whatever. things that are available to everyone helps out anyone. Flip Jumps, ButtChugging (sliding), and those silly things we do with our Melee Weapons (that i currently feel like keeping unnamed), yadda yadda.

You, apparently, are one of those people who just pulls things out of nowhere & make things what they aren't. I never said there was a problem, at all. I never implied that I had one either. I never even said Speed was a selfish ability. Don't let how you feel about a topic inhibit your reading comprehension. One person says that Volt is the fastest because of his #2 & I replied that he is not the fastest because of his #2, because the speed boost is shared amongst the group. Nothing more, nothing less. 

IDC how fast he is. I rarely even play Volt anymore. My original statement was simply a reply to the OP with my sentiments that I've accumulated during my tenure. Volt's theme is lightning/electricity. Anything that deals with lightning typically invokes the connotation of speed, fast, quickness, etc. He has an ability called "Speed." Just based on theme alone, one would think he'd have a particularly high base sprint speed. Yes? That's all I'm saying. Did I request a change? No. Did I say it needed to be changed? No. However, he is rather slow when compared to other frames.

But with that said, Volt is not what I would call durable, at all. He has pi$$ poor armor, has a stationary dmg mitigator, is slower than frames that are ACTUALLY durable (Ash, Valkyr, etc), & has average health & shield capacity... but that's beside the point, really. 

Edited by Rexlars

But with that said, Volt is not what I would call durable, at all. He has poor armor, has a stationary dmg mitigator, is slower than frames that are ACTUALLY durable (Ash, Valkyr, etc), has average health & shield capacity... but that's beside the point, really.

Armor means almost nothing. Valkyr is the only Warframe that you'll really get any benefit from Armor.

that being said, 15 Armor is pretty terrible. 65 is decent. but that only really makes a difference for Slash Status and Toxin Status really.

definitely average Health.

but that's not that important, Volt is a massive Shield Tank. tied for the highest Shields in the game, with the other 150 Shield Warframes. definitely not average.

Ash and Valkyr require to be in close Quarters almost at all times. ergo they move faster.

Volt is a Ranged Warframe, getting close is not recommended. the Abilities he has reinforces this. fairly long Range Abilities that stun well, Mobility (well used for getting the hell out of dodge), and a Shield that is intended to be used from Range (since it gives bonuses to Guns, which are Ranged Weapons - and protects from Guns, again, Ranged Weapons).

- - - - - - - - - -

however, thank you for clarifying where you stand. the Curtus statements left much to be assumed, and since this is a Volt thread, users replying are presumed to be invested in Volt in some way or another.

Armor means almost nothing. Valkyr is the only Warframe that you'll really get any benefit from Armor.

that being said, 15 Armor is pretty terrible. 65 is decent. but that only really makes a difference for Slash Status and Toxin Status really.

definitely average Health.

but that's not that important, Volt is a massive Shield Tank. tied for the highest Shields in the game, with the other 150 Shield Warframes. definitely not average.

Ash and Valkyr require to be in close Quarters almost at all times. ergo they move faster.

Volt is a Ranged Warframe, getting close is not recommended. the Abilities he has reinforces this. fairly long Range Abilities that stun well, Mobility (well used for getting the hell out of dodge), and a Shield that is intended to be used from Range (since it gives bonuses to Guns, which are Ranged Weapons - and protects from Guns, again, Ranged Weapons).

Blah blah speedy or not, Volt surely isn't considered durable.

It's true that Armor rating isn't all that important for the most part, however, Volt is given the lowest possible armor rating in the game. Volt's is 15 while the standard is 65. That only adds insult to injury.

It is true though, that he's tied for the highest shield capacity. Dude shouldn't have said average, but I probably know why he did. But, "Massive Shield Tank?" Nah. Because of Redirection, default shield capacity is made trivial, so an extra 100-150 shield makes little to no difference when Redirection is taken into consideration. Especially when you can lose 100-150 shield in 1-3 bullets against level 30+ enemies.

As for Ash and Valkyr, their specialty is irrelevant. They are CQC frames, sure, but the point Rex brought up was durabilty. You're implying that since Volt is "durable," he shouldn't have a high base sprint speed, but both Ash and Valkyr are very durable but also have a high sprint speed. Volt's sprint speed is

None of Volt's skills or attributes make him "durable," except maybe having 450 shield @ max, but again it's irrelevant when you have things like Redirection and Vigor. His only move that provides mitigation is his shield, but like Rex pointed out, it's stationary. If you get swarmed your screwed unless you run away, but then what's the point of a shield, right? You could have several melee enemies or just enemies in general come from behind. It's situational. Plenty of scenarios where it's usefulness dwindles.

All in all, being durable means you can take damage and Volt is certainly not intended to take damage. There's no arguing that. He's a glass canon. That's why his moves have minor CC capabilties via shock status proc.

As for OP, I've wondered that as well. It'd make sense. It definitely wouldn't make him OP. Maybe not the fastest base speed, but certainly 1.15 would suffice.

Edited by thundermars

Shield stats don't matter because i can't count

As for Ash and Valkyr, their specialty is irrelevant. They are CQC frames, sure, but the point Rex brought up was durabilty. You're implying that since Volt is "durable," he shouldn't have a high base sprint speed, but both Ash and Valkyr are very durable but also have a high sprint speed.

Volt isn't durable because i let Enemies get close to my Longer Ranged Warframe

and Volt is certainly not intended to take damage.

75 Shields is 555 with Redirection.

100 Shields is 740 with Redirection.

150 Shields is 1110 with Redirection.

this is a significant difference.

if you're fighting Enemies at the level where Health and Shields don't matter, saying someone is squishy is irrelevant. everyone is squishy, cry me a river.

yes, those two are Health Tanks. they are always right in the middle of the Enemies. they take a high risk doing this.

Volt is a longer Ranged Warframe. you can make do in Melee Combat ala Speed, but the Warframe is more suited to longer Ranges.

absolutely!

Volt has his regenerating Durability as a buffer zone if you get hit. Volt doesn't want to get hit at all, but if he must, he can make do.

Not when she's running. lol

he's counting the Turbulence Augment.

Slash status or Bleed is armor ignore.

Bleed procs take the same amount of health away from 1260Armor Valkyr as they do 15 Armor Nyx.

Toxin and damage done to health, if shields are depleted, is mitigated by armor.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

-snip-

there was a time where Slash on Tenno ignored Armor. everyone was dying a lot. same deal for Toxin.

now they don't.

mid Level Seekers and Eviscerators no longer create Slash Effects for hundreds of Damage per second.

mid Level Lancers no longer create Slash Effects for several dozen Damage per second.

(while unlikely, it could theoretically be possible that the Slash Status was being based off of 100% of the Damage from the Enemies' Weapon, and now is just the Slash component, which would have made an enormous difference)

the difference is very noticable. like when Armor accidentally applied to Shields, and suddenly everyone's Shields felt like they were made out of unobtainium.

Edited by taiiat