Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Obliterating Lvl80 Bombards In Few Shots

Monolake

8mN0lvX.jpg

Ate like 5 ammo.  

LVL 80s spawn at ~50 min into endless missions, most people never even play that long.

If you still think the weapon is weak you might need to put some mods on it and learn to aim.

Here is my crappy build btw, I don't find OP laser pointer fun so I only formad it once 

3itq13x.jpg

The gun is fine. People are just whining because you actually need to aim and pulse it on enemies rather than just holding down the trigger and sweeping because the ammo economy died with the changes. (most people used gunslinger because it's ammo efficiency was so good. Take it off and add more damage now!)

The gun is fine. People are just whining because you actually need to aim and pulse it on enemies rather than just holding down the trigger and sweeping because the ammo economy died with the changes. (most people used gunslinger because it's ammo efficiency was so good. Take it off and add more damage now!)

That or replace your Gunslinger with Pistol Ammo Mutation

Edited by KidMemphis

I used gunslinger and anemic agility. It used 7ammo per second and did like 60K DPS.   

I would preffer if they nerfed damage over ammo economy. I rather still use 7 ammo with this build but just do maybe 40K dps.

But what about these uber hard level 38 Corrupted Heavy Gunners? I need the extra DPS on my Synoid Gammacor to kill them in 0.3 seconds instead of 0.5, this completely ruins my gameplay experience!

Really, this nerf just separates the people who sit around and read DPS charts and calculations all day, and those who actually play the game and know how to play it. Now trying to not run out of ammo on the Twin Vipers/Dex Furis/Hikou is a struggle.

God forbid you also switch to your other 2, equally destructive primary and melee weapons every now and again.

That or replace your Gunslinger with Pistol Ammo Mutation

"But using Pistol Ammo Mutation takes a whole mod slot, which reduces the weapon's DPS!"

It's ridiculous, some of the buff-the-synoid! arguments I've been seeing here lately. It's as if these people would rather let their weapon hit 0 ammo and then whine about how crappy it is than even think about dropping their 47k DPS build to 30k. (@above: This is with a generic pre-nerf pure-damage build compared to a generic post-nerf "ammo-conserving" build. That's a 36% decrease.)

Come on, guys. 30k is still beastly as hell.

Edited by SortaRandom

reason why they whine because the gammacor is continuous weaponry and DE nerf the Ammo consumption too much. it's a continuous weapon it require ammo to keep damaging the enemies. if you take it away what is it? i always accurate with my weapons but after 5 min of survival i already run out of ammo with the S.Gammacor.

Very simple change that cuts DPS by 70%  

wot

Most builds at least run Lethal Torrent, which increases firerate by 60%, so removing Gunslinger would only reduce dps by like 45%. Given Synoid's already crazy dps, even that wouldn't make it a bad weapon. It'd still be way up there on the charts.

The SGamma is objectively less powerful than the Gammacor now. The math has already been done in previous threads to show and prove it. Every single Syndicate weapon is a direct upgrade over their normal counterpart, even if it is only slightly. Only the Synoid Gammacor is quantifiably worse. It is a waste of 100k rep, a waste of a slot, and the embarrassing mistake of the Syndicate lineup. The nerf it was dealt was so harsh that it is the worst of the lot by a massive margin now.

Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot who doesn't understand the idea of sustainability. You either make the gun even more garbage than it already is with the nerf by wasting a mod slot on something that doesn't increase DPS, or you bring a billion Ammo Restores with you and admit that the gun has a broken leg and can only be used with a crutch like a quarter of a million deployables in your back pocket.

"You can pulse it to kill people tho!"

And then have no ammo for the next five hundred enemies trying to kill you. Good job proving it's great for Mastery Rank tests and hypothetical thought experiments where the Grineer or the AI running the Void towers decide to kill you with one person.

Let me tell you why the post nerf Synoid Gammacor is still superior to the Boltor Prime, and why all claims of overnerfing absolutely cannot be justified.

Here's a max DPS Boltor Prime build: http://goo.gl/Wcacim

Burst DPS: 39799

Sustained DPS: 22613

Here's a Synoid Gammacor build with Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation to make up for the ammo efficiency: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Synoid_Gammacor/t_30_22234030_193-1-5-196-4-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-5-5-404-7-5-487-6-10-489-3-10_204-7-193-6-206-6-489-7-196-6-209-11-487-8-404-9/en/3-0-55/

Burst DPS: 43893

Sustained DPS: 29262

A post nerf Synoid Gammacor with Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation still has higher DPS than a maxed Boltor Prime, the best primary weapon in the game. Even if Ammo Mutation doesn't fix the Synoid's ammo problems, the Boltor Prime has ammo problems too, especially with Vile Acceleration. Every argument saying the Synoid was overnerfed is utterly invalid.

The SGamma is objectively less powerful than the Gammacor now.

By this logic, the normal Gammacor is better than the Boltor Prime. Logic please.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Man, I'd love to live in your world, Orange. I wish I could just pretend Ember was the best frame ever. It must be neat.

Also, that's not a "max DPS Boltor Prime build." Vile Acceleration? All four Rank 5 elemental damage mods? What is this from, Tethra? That's garbage, son. Did anyone tell you Rainbow Builds don't maximize DPS anymore, or did you just pretend away Damage 2.0 as well?

Edited by LordRaine

Man, I'd love to live in your world, Orange. I wish I could just pretend Ember was the best frame ever. It must be neat.

Also, that's not a "max DPS Boltor Prime build." Vile Acceleration? All four Rank 5 elemental damage mods? What is this from, Tethra? That's garbage, son. Did anyone tell you Rainbow Builds don't maximize DPS anymore, or did you just pretend away Damage 2.0 as well?

I will agree that the Boltor Prime has higher status chance armor removing potential, but this is because of several bugs and flaws with the game that need to be fixed or changed.

1. The Synoid's 20% status chance is a filthy lie. I conducted an experiment where I equipped all 4 dual stat mods for 98% status chance on my Synoid and killed 124 enemies in a T4 Exterminate, and made a tally mark for each status proc I got. In the end I had got about 12 status procs over the course of the entire mission.

Don't even talk to me about "status per second." The Synoid had a fire rate of 2 at the time, so the status per shot with all 4 dual stats would be 49%. And I got 12 total status procs after killing 124 enemies. 49% my @$$.

2. High level enemy armor scaling is BS. Armor scaling is what mandates building for corrosive status in high level content, limiting the player's weapon and warframe choice alike. Armor scaling is what makes warframe endgame not enjoyable for me, since you can basically only use weapons (and to a lesser extent warframes) that facilitate procing the corrosive status.

3. All of the above assumes you are not using four corrosive projections, which is the best option for missions where building for corrosive status would increase DPS. If you do, then corrosive status doesn't even matter and the Synoid remains far superior.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

All you're doing is inflating the number on the card as much as possible. That's not the best BoltorP build. The point of the SGamma is that it was a better Gammacor. Now it is not. This is objective fact. You cannot refute it. It's a pocket rocket now, good for killing at most five enemies and then running dry. The fire rate buff combined with the capacity nerf creates a nerf that is greater than the sum of it's parts. It is massively inefficient. It has no sustain whatsoever unless you crutch it with a backpack full of ammunition restores. 

It is not "better" than the Boltor Prime. The Boltor Prime will kill enemies just as quickly in the beginning, and keep killing enemies quickly long after the SGamma runs dry.

Also, I would appreciate it if you stop applying every offhand comment everyone in the thread has said to me. I don't even know what you are trying to argue. Yelling at me that armor scaling is bullS#&$? When did I ever say it wasn't? What are you even talking about? You're just rambling. Speak coherently, man.

What's this? The Synoid Gammacor still functional and capable of killing high level enemies? Lies! Blasphemy! You faked these results!

Everyone knows the Synoid was nerfed into the ground and is only mastery fodder now.

Oh, it's definately capable of killing high level enemies.

The question everyone running all these "tests" is ignoring, however, is how many high level enemies it can kill.

Only three people in this thread have even heard of efficiency and sustainability, and they're still trying to preach. It's hilarious. Somebody here actually posted a Rainbow build. It would be amazing if it wasn't so sad.

Come on, guys. 30k is still beastly as hell.

Not in the Void it isn't. And that's all that matters.

The question everyone running all these "tests" is ignoring, however, is how many high level enemies it can kill.

Only three people in this thread have even heard of efficiency and sustainability, and they're still trying to preach. It's hilarious. Somebody here actually posted a Rainbow build. It would be amazing if it wasn't so sad.

I know! I completely agree with you. Why am I forced to use my primary weapon as the primary way to kill the bulk of enemies?! I'd rather just mow them down with a secondary weapon that fires beams stronger than a Fomorian and can sustain itself as I wield it like a scythe.

I know! I completely agree with you. Why am I forced to use my primary weapon as the primary way to kill the bulk of enemies?! I'd rather just mow them down with a secondary weapon that fires beams stronger than a Fomorian and can sustain itself as I wield it like a scythe.

It always amuses me that it's the Founders who seem to be the least likely to know anything about Void meta.

I guess it's just a side effect of buying all of your guns instead of trying to earn them. You have no idea what getting them actually entails.

-snip-

Not in the Void it isn't. And that's all that matters.

It is entirely usable in the Void at high levels. You have two choices:

A) Put an ammo mutator on and not care about the increased cost

B) Use it as a heavy killer and use another weapon as your swarm-killer

Remember, the Dual Vipers are, and have always been, viable weapons. They use far more ammo.

First, the only way to improve that build is to replace an elemental with Piercing Calibur, which boost DPS by  1.5k/1k.

Secondly, it is a Radiation/Viral build. Those are entirely viable on non-crit weapons.

It always amuses me that it's the Founders who seem to be the least likely to know anything about Void meta.

I guess it's just a side effect of buying all of your guns instead of trying to earn them. You have no idea what getting them actually entails.

Allow me to enter under this great generalization about Founders... there we go.

Egad! I'll have to pulse rather than sweep them down with a finger of God! The horror! What ever shall I do to combat my lack of ammo? Conserving it?! Ammo Mutation?! Never, only scrubs who don't want their DPS do that!

The cryers do have a point.

Simply put I be happier if the Synoid drains ammo at 10 rounds a second and dealt only 40 dmg per tick.

So 400 DPS. Which is lower than the current 420 DPS.

At the same time you still need to manage your shots since with lethal torrent it goes up to 16 rounds a second.

You critted a head shot, which means you did x8 the damage that you would normally do.  Beam weapons have strange crits, in that the ENTIRE PULSE DURATION crits at the same time.  However; the synoid only has a 10% crit chance. So... yeah, nice try, but numbers like that just aren't reliable.