Ask A Cephalon, June 23

DE_Adam

Do Syndicates hold their bloodlust for their rivals in check outside of Relays?  Why can't the Foundry make Kubrows?  Does the Liset bring in other transmissions beyond private Corpus and Grineer wavelengths?  This week's Ask A Cephalon has Cordylon answering another round of Tenno questions as accurately as possible -- which is really the only way Cordylon prefers to do business.

You can check out all the Q&A here, and if you have any questions for Cordylon to answer in the future be sure to post below!

-DE_Adam

Organic components are difficult to construct and even more tedious to properly store for future use. The Foundry, while capable of replicating natural and synthetic materials such as fabric or metals, is not properly equipped for the growth of organic life. This also does not take into consideration the complications in growing 'living' subjects -- a point of difficulty the Grineer have long tried to overcome.

Does this confirm that Warframes are mechanical and not organic in any way?

What do the Syndicates do with all the tributes we give them? I understand giving away credits and resources, but what use do the syndicates have for orokin reactors and catalysts, forma and prime parts?

"Infested tissue is the only known exception to this parameter as it can be easily grown and thrives in any environment."

Warframes can still be made of Infested tissue, aka. techocyte.
Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Really? We can't listen to Griner Radio 4 or Corpus Today with Max Profit because some idiots got themself killed. Damn.

I wonder how many times negotiations involving the Lotus ended with one party asking "You and what army?" and then taking an entirely differnet turn once a few Tenno appear behind them?

I thought Spectres were just automated pseudo Warframes and Sentinels are basicly robotic drones. How are they supposed to be "living" in the same way as Kubrows?

Questions for the next one:

Where did Naked Nick go after the Tenno canceled his job as cryo pod tester?

Do Tenno need to breath or just their Warframes (we can see breath comming from the Warframe in cold temperatur areas).

What unit of measure is used in the post Orokin era? Did meter, liter and kilo survive or did the Orokin come up with their own units?

Is there any way i can tell Ordis to not bother me while on the Liset, without hurting his feelings too much? I would like to keep some peace of mind on my Liset, while i don't mind him as much in missions.

Besides the occasionaly angered Suda. Are there any Cephalons who might be directly opposing the Tenno because of a conflict of interests?

How do Clantech research based weapon blueprint differ from the black market obtainable ones. Why do they require such extra research and forma to build?

A Grineer, a Tenno and a Corpus walk into a bar... please help, i forgot how this joke ended!

Edited by Othergrunty

No, only the suit is being built. The player character is the organic being inside it, the foundry isn't constructing you. I'm not saying I support that theory, just saying it isn't busted. TBH, I don't really care what the Tenno are and don't have any opinion at all on them.

The Warframe itself, the container, is of inorganic design, yes.

That's easy enough to determine from our enemies' mockery: "Tin suit" from Maroo, "Metal Corpse" from Ruk, etc.

"Infested tissue is the only known exception to this parameter as it can be easily grown and thrives in any environment."

Warframes can still be made of Infested tissue, aka. techocyte.

Fair enough.

· Driving headlong into a patrolling Grineer Galleon.

I thought the Ship Cephalon were responsible for navigation? Was this why they discontinued the series 2 Cephalon?

How does the infestation grow? Can it spread from any cell that has been infested, or are there specific infestation cells (or microbes) that replicate on an infected subject?

If from any infested cell, how is it safe to use infested weaponry such as the Mutalist Quanta -- both for Tenno contact and for those we damage with the weapon?

I'd be interested in learning about the history of Phobos. The moon clearly has wildlife and was at some point inhabited by an intelligent species, but that's all I know. How could a moon sprout wildlife? Who were these inhabitants? What happened to them?

Do you have any intel that could shed light on this mysterious moon?

was there ever a Report of Tenno being corrupted by the infestation so that the Infestation corrupted a Warframe ? 

we know that the Quantas can be infested so my question is...could a Warframe be infested ? and if yes...why arent they infested during missions on Eris ? O,..,o

Why can't I name my sentinel? Why can't my sentinel tell me how much it loves me and what it wants for dinner? What does it mean when my sentinel makes cute little squeaky noises and I can't understand a thing it's trying to tell me...

The mysteries of a sentinel..

Our suits are grown from technocyte as we use technocyte tumors of nanospore origin, plastids, as well as standard materials like alloy and such. The reason characters like Maroo might call us 'Tin suits' is that infested creatures grow a techno-organic exoskeleton of a living metal type substance, and it could simply be that our outer shells contain alot of obvious alloy plate.

Question for the almighty Cordylon:

I, a lowly Tenno only seeking knowledge in this vast universe. I have but one question, what are we? I know your race the Cephalons are as mighty as you are wise, but us Tenno. We don't know our ancestors we don't know our cause, we dont' even know whom created our gratest weapons the Warframes. Please enligthen us allpowerfull Cephalon Cordylon! Please.

please

I was just pointing out in that comment that our armor must contain more obvious plating since we have the 'alloy armor' armor type like some Grineer besides many of our suits blueprints requiring such material.

One thing I would like the esteemed Cephalon to answer is:

1. "How similar to our warframes are sentinels?" Are they closer to the techno-organic nature of our suits or a Corpus drone proxy? Do they operate on a primitive neural net or organic 'brain' mechanism or an AI similar to a Cephalon?"

What exactly do we do to capture targets? whatever it is is 100% non-lethal (because if it wasn't what good would capturing them be) but also seems extremely painful to the person being captured based on their screams.

I noticed on a cold mission the other day that mist from my breath was escaping my warframe. Should I be concerned about future use in low atmosphere conditions or does the suit seal in vacuum and near vacuum conditions? Of course we lack on board life support so wouldn't last forever but when using an archwing that's not a problem. I just want to be sure of my survivablity in sudden decompression situations.