Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Want Some New Rooms For Existing Tilesets?

Generalsherman

Now I know new weapons, enemies, game modes, and even new tile sets are always nice to get but what I've been wanting for a while now is just a few new rooms for the tile sets we already have. 

It doesn't have to be anything major but I really feel like we haven't had anything added to the older maps in ages and could use a little something to make farming run #1026 on the Corpus outpost or Grineer Galleon a little less repetitive. Lets see some new hidden places added for possible rare chest spawns, add a new mobile defense point to two, make better use of Parkor 2.0 and add in some rooms that embrace it.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Proper Armory.

Proper rnr zone.

Proper hangarbay.

Proper Egineering, sick bay, Quarters, Bridge, Brig.

Captains Quarters.

Commerce hub of Corpus.

Training and fitting for Grineer.

Indoctrination Temples for Corpus.

Void Churches?

Cybernetics for Grineer.

High up city for Grineer vips.

Slavers.

Resistance camp.

Civilian transport.

Colony.

Destroyed colony.

I'd like maps wouldn't be so repetitive, having each room being more emphasized in strategy and way to cross them.
For example: suiting Stealth and Parkour through sideways and secret passages OR Gun-and-Run with more crowded and guarded main corridors.
Add STRATEGY to them.

Also secret-hidden areas should have a good reason to reach them, you know you should get there to get something, so let's have a chance at getting more loot,  maybe a sure chance to have a rare chest spawn in some locations, similar to how old jumping puzzle in raids were working.
REWARD EXPLORATION.

Talking about Chests and Lockers. I feel they're extremely useless or forgettable.

I'd like the Ammo and Energy systems would be more balanced to promote a good use of them, not a frantic spam. Starting with Enemies dropping less ammos and Orbs.
Place Lockers into specific areas, hidden areas or transitory areas between main fight places so Tennos can stock up when they need.
Chests and Lockers would then become valuable features where to find that extra you need.
You need health after a fight or in prevision of it? Check lockers in your area. Look for them in hidden places.
Your Primary weapon have not enough ammos? Check lockers.
You need more energy? Check lockers.

This would make maps more interesting to play through and explore.
Also since in U18 we're gonna have free Revivals, this would contribute into making missions harsher without the need of raising enemy level and damage.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I'd like maps wouldn't be so repetitive, having each room being more emphasized in strategy and way to cross them.

For example: suiting Stealth and Parkour through sideways and secret passages OR Gun-and-Run with more crowded and guarded main corridors.

Add STRATEGY to them.

Also secret-hidden areas should have a good reason to reach them, you know you should get there to get something, so let's have a chance at getting more loot,  maybe a sure chance to have a rare chest spawn in some locations, similar to how old jumping puzzle in raids were working.

REWARD EXPLORATION.

Talking about Chests and Lockers. I feel they're extremely useless or forgettable.

I'd like the Ammo and Energy systems would be more balanced to promote a good use of them, not a frantic spam. Starting with Enemies dropping less ammos and Orbs.

Place Lockers into specific areas, hidden areas or transitory areas between main fight places so Tennos can stock up when they need.

Chests and Lockers would then become valuable features where to find that extra you need.

You need health after a fight or in prevision of it? Check lockers in your area. Look for them in hidden places.

Your Primary weapon have not enough ammos? Check lockers.

You need more energy? Check lockers.

This would make maps more interesting to play through and explore.

Also since in U18 we're gonna have free Revivals, this would contribute into making missions harsher without the need of raising enemy level and damage.

I feel that you had this post written somewhere ready to deploy! LOL

Spot on!~

DE is adding new parts to existing tilesets every now and then, but they aren´t mentioned in the patchnotes. 

Really? I just haven't seen anything new on them in ages it seems. I know back when they added more tiles to earth spy and a few others they mentioned it in the patch notes.

I've seen a new room once and a while.

Yes I would like to see new rooms, but its low on the list of what I want. New gear, frames, features, are more interesting.

It's just a small quality of life thing. I was mostly just thinking about it while running earth tiles for Kubrow eggs and kept seeing the same rooms over and over again for an hour. I'd never expect them to stop working on new stuff but I'd love if they just tossed in a new Corpus Ship hallway or two when they had the time. 

For older players who have been here since Closed Beta or the start of open Beta we're been seeing the same corridors and hallways countless times over the years by this point. It might not bother newer players but as you get up there in hours played it gets more grating I think.

In all it's nothing major but it still bugs me when you have to run the same missions over and over again for something highly specific. I can't even imagine how much a game like Destiny would annoy me since I hear that is literally the same damn map every time.