Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re Balancing The Galatine

phoenix1992

.....but since the blade is pretty Samberg massive, it's still a long range.

No, once you look at just half the blade, a lot of other weapons can outdo it on range alone, ranging from every two handed weapon ever to some of the one-handed blades like the nikana as said above.

Wow, It feels like 100 years ago the galatine was this amazing, yet OP, sword that annihilated enemies doing 30,000+ damage on multiple enemies with one swing.

Then Damage 2.0 came out and it was nerfed to hell and back, but most important part of it's nerf was that charged attacks were removed from the game.   Seriously, even if the weapon did not do the damage it did, I loved the weapon for the charge attack alone.    Give me a rhino with a galatine and let all the infested jump on top of me and let me slice my way out of the pack. 

Sigh, I miss my galatine.    Sorry but even if it's still a decent weapon, when you had that power at the tip of your fingers, you new tenno don't know what real power with a sword was.  The thing out-dps'd almost all guns, truly OP it was but don't mean I can't miss it...so a moment of silence pls...

DE we need charge attacks back...

Heavy Trauma and Rending Strike are useless on Galatine, replace them with something else.

Crit Chance would make Berserker much more practical. then you can use either Crit Damage or another Elemental. i'd choose another (Status since you're using Status) Elemental.

however, Galatine being literally a complete stat upgrade from Gram in every single possible way is pretty meh. would rather they had different purposes in Combat.

i'd prefer if Galatine lost a bit of speed, and a bit of Damage, and gained a pretty good amount of Range. it visually looks like it has a ton of Range - it should actually have that Range!

then it would be a distinctly different choice, not being quite as effective at Killing a single Enemy, but able to hit a BIG area.

and Scindo Prime performs much better. if you think spin to win lameness is easy with Galatine, Scindo Prime makes it easier.''

Edit:

since the blade is pretty Samberg massive, it's still a long range.

unfortunately the visual size of a Melee Weapon has no connection whatsoever to it's actual Range.

and ~half the length of the Weapon is... about the Range a Longsword has.

Edited by taiiat

I don't think you understand right your Galatine is slicing through enemies with such ease. You maxed it out. Not very well at all, but enough for me to make the argument that your weapon is maxed out with mods. It's the best it's gonna get. To get there, you gotta get a catalyst, rank it up, forma, and rank it up again. You've put a lot of work into your weapon that a mr3 either wouldn't do, or it would take longer for them. Galatine does not need a nerf. I even would like a buff to the crit chance to 15%. Keep in mind that I'm a Galatine/Jat Kittag main. I've gone sword alone into t4 with it for about an hour with satisfying performance. The minute I forma'd it, I was back to the star chart and dark sectors. For the work required to get the weapon that good, a nerf would be a sin.

Now PLEASE get that Heavy Trauma off and put North Wind if you want a status/viral build. If you'd like my build, I'll post out later on.

Hello, fellow space ninjas.

I want to start with an disclaimer - I love my Galatine, and I hug her tight. Yet that does not mean that the weapon should stay like that in my point of view.

Galatine - what is it, what are the pros, cons and the issue for me.

Galtine is an heavy blade - one of the 4 available in the game (to my knowledge: Scindo, Scindo Prime, Gram and Galatine), she requires MR 3 rank and considered an multipurpose melee.

Pros - Enormous range, Not so bad basic stats, Not racist towards enemies, Does not need so many rare mods, Cleaving whirlwind provides almost 360 hit coverage.

Cons - Slow, Impact and Puncture damage is low, stance mods are not easy to find.

Here is my build for this weapon:

EmcbX1J.jpg

You may notice that the mods are mild, and I only needed forma for the stance. With this build the weapon just cleaves trough enemies up to 50 level with little to no stops. I don't think it should be like that - such brute force that can carry on for so long should not be on MR3, or the recipe should be an Dojo research. Also the slot capacity - 9 left, without any forma and the weapon still stays strong (as strong as to get you to T4 towers and keep it up). Now if/when we get our hands on Primed Fury, this will become even more strong weapon and the last official drawback on it will disappear.

Please, say state your opinions as well.

Hi, my serro does more damage with a crappy build and no forma, should that be nerfed too? Thanks for bringing up pointless nerf bat fodder. Edited by NKDG

That 6 bonus Impact damage though.

Just a tip, don't use the slash impact and puncture mods, go for elements, speed, some reach, and damage mods

Slash mods can be worth it on Galatine, especially when you don't have all the mods or when increasing raw damage is preferable (such as with Toxic Lash.)  It also significantly increases the likelihood of a Slash proc, which is useful on armored enemies and especially when your elemental damage has unfavorable procs (like Corrosive against non-Grineer.

Edited by RealPandemonium

That 6 bonus Impact damage though.

Well, when you factor in that Impact is at over 9001% more effective than Puncture or Slash against all enemy types, then it works out as being the superior option. It's a shame he doesn't have Collision Force though.

Edited by Kthal

Well, when you factor in that Impact is at least 9000% more effective than Puncture or Slash against all enemy types, then it works out as being the superior option. It's a shame he doesn't have Collision Force though.

Is this supposed to be sarcasm?  People are ignorant enough about the damage system that posts like this are legitimately frustrating.  

Don't mind pandemonium, I've been on a few threads with him, and he's generally slow to figure out the obvious lol

Hey man, you have some good opinions.  Don't gotta be that way.

When you've been around as long as I have and see people talking about problems that were fixed and mechanics that were changed literally years ago, you can't really be sure what people actually mean.  Especially with a game like Warframe that has some pretty arcane mechanics (unless you read the wiki extensively) and many crazy people in its fanbase, its best to limit sarcasm to non-game examples.  

Hey man, you have some good opinions. Don't gotta be that way.

When you've been around as long as I have and see people talking about problems that were fixed and mechanics that were changed literally years ago, you can't really be sure what people actually mean. Especially with a game like Warframe that has some pretty arcane mechanics (unless you read the wiki extensively) and many crazy people in its fanbase, its best to limit sarcasm to non-game examples.

I'm just messin with ya dude :)

OP is a relatively new player who got his hands on one of the best weapons (honestly there are others that aren't hard to reach) with THE best stance on it. It's a rare stance too...so I'm not sure if he was given it or he's just lucky.

Look, the OP is full of mistakes. For one, his mods are messed up or "placeholders" as he claims since he doesn't have any better ones. He's also stated he forma'd it for the stance, which is not true because Galatine comes polarized as a "D" in the stance slot. The range is not "extreme"...hell it's probably just as good as any other sword. And the damage it puts out has nothing to do with the Galatine itself and everything to do with CW.

So cut him a little slack and just quietly congratulate him on being lucky he's going to have an easy time cutting down those mobs in the earlier areas of the star chart.

That combo you've got there is powerful enough to carry you into late game...where it becomes painfully apparent that melee isn't nearly as powerful as ranged (due mostly to multi-shot...try farming that mod while its still OP) or spamming your '4' ability on a few frames.

Edited by Thaumatos