Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Wants The New Anima/animus Warframe To Be Male? ._.

Trickst3rGawd

When people discuss Warframes, it typically isn't a discussion of what the gender of the suit is, but more of what the person wearing it is. 

Still, this one Warframe is a suit with a feminine form and a masculine form, and they're interchangeable. It's not like the Tenno wearing it is going through a sex change every time they use it, lol. *Insert gibberish about Tenno are energy here*

Still, this one Warframe is a suit with a feminine form and a masculine form, and they're interchangeable. It's not like the Tenno wearing it is going through a sex change every time they use it, lol. *Insert gibberish about Tenno are energy here*

Appearance-wise it definitely seems to be clear-cut between the two, I agree. But it can literally be anything. Let's not forget that for the longest time people thought Trinity was a guy.

I too, think the Warframes are suits, and that there was an original suit used to house the quickly destabilizing body of a child of Zariman and created as an expression of that individual.

The original Zariman host for this frame, therefore, is probably a male OR female heavily influenced by Yin Yang Duality, or, less likely, housed twin energies.

I can see original frames being Sentients that were corrupted and tortured when trying to copy anything Void-energy related, and the children of Zariman, through a telepathic and Technocyte symbiosis were able to grant them peace. In return, the Sentient submitted to the will of the child and became a protective skin and expression of the child's void energy.

And then the Orokin weaponized and mass produced them.

Then this frame makes sense as male or female or both.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I really don't see the issue with Male or Female frames coming out, I mean for one you should have saw this coming and secondly I would have liked too actually see a reason behind why and not just tell us you do. Here I really had thought their was a point too why, guess I was wrong.

The phrase "moot point" can be used to describe a matter of no consequence. Saying something is a moot point means that it is either up for debate or a purely academic matter of no practical importance. 

So... I don't have to change anything? I don't even know anymore....

I can see original frames being Sentients that were corrupted and tortured when trying to copy anything Void-energy related, and the children of Zariman, through a telepathic and Technocyte symbiosis were able to grant them peace. In return, the Sentient submitted to the will of the child and became a protective skin and expression of the child's void energy.

200_s.gif

Ask Cephalon Google to show you the wiki on Yin/yang symbolism.

Light/dark

Rigid Strength/flexibility and adaptation

Offense/Defense

Masculine/feminine

I understand this, but at the same time I understand how it could be female character. Ever seen a female bodybuilder? Not exactly what people think of as feminine but still a female nonetheless. I honesty hope it counts as 2 different entities altogether. When you make it, you essentially get 2 different warframes with different skills, different designs, (possibly) different mod loadouts, (possibly) twice as much mastery. I'll be a bit didsapointed if you can't ever use the combined form in battle though, just because it would be so cool to have 2 'frames in one.

I think of them as Siamese twins that have the option to split apart. They're 2 different people, they're just kinda conjoined sometimes.

Maybe

EDIT: It's pretty much entirely up in the air until the official release, as anything can change between the concept phase and the actual release.

I mean sure, you can say "maybe," but what would then be the point of having them look male & female respectively. Why give one a dress? Besides, I'm pretty sure Scott confirmed it, while Mynki said "we'll have to see." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus

For those of you who cant (or dont want to) click the link,the first two paragraphs say this:

The anima and animus, in Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology, are the two primary anthropomorphic archetypes of the unconscious mind, as opposed to both the theriomorphic and inferior function of the shadow archetypes, as well as the abstract symbol sets that formulate the archetype of the Self. The anima and animus are described by Jung as elements of his theory of the collective unconscious, a domain of the unconscious that transcends the personal psyche. In the unconscious of a man, this archetype finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of a woman it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus.

The anima and animus can be identified as the totality of the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a man possesses or the masculine ones possessed by a woman, respectively. It is an archetype of the collective unconscious and not an aggregate of father or mother, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, or teachers, though these aspects of the personal unconscious can influence the person for good or ill.

Edited by Xerongadolinium

Since there's going to be 2 forms it should be both genders. What I REALLY want to know is if the forms are going to be able to be changed on the go unlike...Chroma... and with two forms does each form have its own skill set? So like just for instance not saying that it's what skill it'll have but in one form it would pull enemies while in the other form push. In one form use heat skills in the other form toxin. Hmm even more interesting in one form low gravity on other form high gravity :\ Yin Yang and all. 

With Chroma the whole having 1 element per game instead of being able to change it on the go to fit the situation was a bit of a letdown. I mean if I happened to not noticed that the colored dots on his skin was white/blue I'd be going into an infested mission with something that would be completely useless against the enemy.

But to go back on topic the gender should be both because that's what Yin Yang is Yin(Female) Yang(Male). Also Yin(Night) Yang(Day). Perhaps in Yin form SHE should have stealth/gives enemies lower accuracy in an area and with Yang HE should involve Blind and something else that I cant think of right now.

But that's just my 2 cents on it.

Edited by rawr1254

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus

For those of you who cant (or dont want to) click the link,the first two paragraphs say this:

The anima and animus, in Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology, are the two primary anthropomorphic archetypes of the unconscious mind, as opposed to both the theriomorphic and inferior function of the shadow archetypes, as well as the abstract symbol sets that formulate the archetype of the Self. The anima and animus are described by Jung as elements of his theory of the collective unconscious, a domain of the unconscious that transcends the personal psyche. In the unconscious of a man, this archetype finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of a woman it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus.

The anima and animus can be identified as the totality of the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a man possesses or the masculine ones possessed by a woman, respectively. It is an archetype of the collective unconscious and not an aggregate of father or mother, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, or teachers, though these aspects of the personal unconscious can influence the person for good or ill.

New Warframe name: ANIMAXIMUS. Are you not ENTERTAINED?!